Jungle Naix early build

Discussion in 'Game Strategy' started by Faintedwtd, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Faintedwtd

Faintedwtd Member

While there seems to be common agreement about the later items that one could get for naix, I've seen numerous starting builds.
    Now, I'm not a very great Naix player - at least not the early game, which cripples my late game a bit :) - and I tend to be a little mixed up about which starting build to get, assuming I have 603 gold.

Any feedback about what the "optimal" starting build is would be appreciated.

In advance thanks,

2. EternityPala

EternityPala Well-Known Member

Stout + Quelling Blade , and other items of choice could be some regen (Tangos / Salve).
    If random'ed, i strongly recommend getting a courier, so you'd never have to return to base.

Max Feast asap, a level of Wound to gank the side lanes perhaps, and get Rage.
    Use Rage to down hard to clear camps (Furbolgs / Centaur / Wildkins) earlier on, but once you hit 6, you don't need to waste rage on camps any longer.
    Aim for Treads asap. It speeds up your jungling quite a fair bit due to faster travelling, and more attack speed.
    Then, get the standard items (Armlet/Desolator) and continue ganking and pushing.
  3. tonbon

tonbon Well-Known Member

Hm... I assume you mean jungle from level 1, and if so, I'd probably get a stout shield, quelling blade (does it work with feast?) and tangos. Feast helps even against those usual higher level neutrals, since it deals a percentage.
  4. EternityPala

Yes, Feast works with Quelling Blade, since Feast is triggered, and not an orb.
  5. iKrivetko

iKrivetko Well-Known Member

Stout + Courier + Regen is enough
  6. EternityPala

@^: Quelling speeds it up though.
  7. The Other Guy

The Other Guy Well-Known Member

Is Midas viable since you are spending the better part of 20-25 minutes in the jungle anyway? Or is that not enough time to to fully benefit from an early Midas?
  8. iKrivetko

iKrivetko Well-Known Member

It is, HoM starts giving profit after ~18 minutes if used asap.
    Infest + Midas = Hard creep camp in 2 seconds
    However, I'd rather rush radi and go ricing.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  9. EternityPala

I do get Midas for teh lulz in Pub, but heck, anything works in a pub !
    Naix can easily jungle one within 9 mins, so get it if you want to.
  10. Faintedwtd

Faintedwtd Member

Ah thx for the replies.

Think I'm gonna go for a pub or two to try it out :)

Sout/QB/tango -> treads, armlet, deso
  11. Sonicspear

Sonicspear Well-Known Member

Might want to tree chop at the early stages so they can't all hit you at once. Better longevity and less worry about dying to creeps with lvl 1 or 2 feast.