Item Build for syllabear?

Discussion in 'Game Strategy' started by sparklets, Jan 9, 2012.

1. sparklets

sparklets New Member

I looked at the guides and the latest one was in 2010 with a rating of 7.

It is 2012 now so I figure I will just ask the community

what items do i go on lone druid and his bear?

thanks a lot in advance
  2. DucK-

DucK- Well-Known Member

Stout on Bear as starting items.

OoV is quite good on Bear. Get Phase too, then Radiance.

For Druid, Branches + 1 Cloak + Boots is enough before Radiance.

After Radiance, get stuff like Vlad's or AC etc.

Alternatively, you could forgo Radiance and get 2 X Basher on both Bear and Hero.
  3. Depravity

Depravity New Member

Rush Radiance and put it to Bear
    or you can build Hand of Midas to speed up your farm
    Bear - Cuirass, Phase
    Sylla - Treads, Manta, Skadi, Mjolnir will do

some players put all their items to the bear and let the bear do the job :D
  4. Grubi

Grubi Banned

I suggest you to jungle from level 1 and farm as long as you can, depending on the game either make radiance if you have freefarm and noone is pushing/ganking you, or midas if you have to get out of jungle fast after that 1.9k gold and cannot farm 3.8k gold for relic safely. Get radiance after midas and pair of boots.
  5. sparklets

sparklets New Member

i like it :) thanks
  6. Pwntlolz

Pwntlolz Well-Known Member

I'm assuming since youre using the guides section that youre a pubber, in which case radiance is a giant mega waste of gold compared to the hero farming of bashers, oov and maims
  7. KuroNeko

KuroNeko Moderator

Stout on bear is a must, gives it a lot of nice damage block.

Treads also works okay on the bear. I prefer treads over phase. Bear deals enough damage per hit and has a ton of ms from rabid (400 base I think, +20% or whatever).

500g --> glove of haste --> 15% as
    500g --> boots of speed --> 55 ms
    450g --> belt or whatever --> treads! 65ms, 25%as, save a slot.

Stacking gloves is legit :p

I used to go stout/qb/straight up radiance but I now do a small-items build with wraiths, stout, qb, vlads components (you can put it on either your bear or sylla, use discretion), treads, gloves of haste (on the bear), etc etc.
  8. GodlyKha

GodlyKha Well-Known Member

QB/stout/salve to start, jungle up, getting boots & oov, then rush radiance, then get phases (bear) -> basher -> hyperstones

honestly, syllabear doesn't need any items for himself. He's already got more EHP than any other hero, more than a normal hero with a heart, so its a bit wasteful to get anything like vanguard on him. Lothars or force staff or ghost staff, if anything

A bear with phases, radiance, basher, and 3x hyperstones is a team killing robot machine from hell
  9. Modrek

Modrek Well-Known Member

You dont need phase for max movespeed on the bear if im not mistaken, so if you got problems microing the active (thats what you buy them for), treads are usually just fine.
  10. Pwntlolz

Pwntlolz Well-Known Member

phases are generally more for the moving through creeps than the movespeed
    then again im pretty sure roots dont proc with phase so meh
  11. Bruno167

Bruno167 Well-Known Member

don't do rad in a pub

ESPECIALLY not garena

if you are bad the game will be decided 8 out of 10 times by the time you get your relic

if you're good, farming 20mins to win a garena pub seems like a waste of life, get a stomper like furion and get 20-0 by that time
  12. beetin

beetin Well-Known Member

Sylla bear should be solo laned with decent ganking support. Since that won't realistically isn't going to happen except solo mid which makes no sense, get a quell and learn how to double pull camps and rush midas.
  13. KuroNeko

KuroNeko Moderator

For your midas-rush build, what comes after? :eek::
  14. beetin

beetin Well-Known Member

General phase on bear, treads janngo on hero and then AC. If I don't care I go treads vlads bash shiva. Cloak is also great item on your hero if you are abusing his ulti properly. 16 armor 2k hp bears should take a cheap 12% magic resistance.

Radiance rush after is fine too, its just that its a silly way to build bear when you jungle because its mind bogglingly slow compared to a proper solo lane bear. It also means you aren't using his insane pushing power with his high durability at the time it is most effective.
  15. God_ii

God_ii Well-Known Member

dont jungle with sylla. a proper solo syllabear can get radiance in ~15 min.
  16. beetin

beetin Well-Known Member

Yes, but from what i've seen no one understands how to micro bear for lane control (they lose all last hitting power) or 99% of the games are 2-1-2 lanes and solo mid sylla is pretty mediocre.

Best bet is someone else is a jungle hero and you get an extra solo....
  17. God_ii

God_ii Well-Known Member

thats why in comp. games bear is so scary because they micro correctly and can farm with ease.
  18. Bruno167

Bruno167 Well-Known Member

what's the point of talking about comp games if someone asks for advice here...
  19. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Basher for both Sylla and bear.
  20. God_ii

God_ii Well-Known Member

because if you can farm like some of the better syllabear players you can dominate pub games as well.