Is World Peace Attainable?

Discussion in 'Debate Forum' started by ryan.wthxx, Jul 14, 2013.

1. TwoHourMotel

TwoHourMotel Well-Known Member

When intelligent people talk about equality, they're talking about equality of opportunity, not equality of characteristics.

2. kildat017

kildat017 Well-Known Member

so a garbage guy has the same salary as a doctor?

3. Lithary

Lithary Well-Known Member

Doesn't change the fact that we are not equal (and probably shouldn't be).
    How can you expect that someone born in an average or poor family can have equal opportunity as someone who is born in a rich family where he can get the best of the best?
    Everyone should get a fair opportunity, not an equal one.
    So the said intelligent people are still not that intelligent as they might think.

4. ryan.wthxx

ryan.wthxx Well-Known Member

lol im so responsible creating this thread and never revisiting it till today

5. r0xo

r0xo Well-Known Member

You are right about what equality is. But in this situation I was talking about how peace is not attainable until equality is achieved, not just in opportunity but in living conditions.

That doesn't mean artificially by everybody receiving the same salary, that is just stupid. There is such a tiny incentive to work harder and carry more responsibility if you don't get more reward.

And I agree totally with your post Lithary

6. kildat017

opportunity my ass.

nobody creates their opportunities except they themselves. you want a big house? make one yourself.

7. Mognakor

Mognakor Well-Known Member

Brb stealing wood, bricks and cement

8. kildat017

you think that's bad? wait till you see mining companies doing worse.

and heck, those mining companies are backed by government. thus they are legally stealing natural resources. they get their share of dirty money.

somebody saying something about equality?

9. r0xo

r0xo Well-Known Member

Check up on the history of some countries. Or even the current situation in some of them.

Pretty hard to create your opportunities when you are denied an education.

10. CAFO

CAFO Well-Known Member

People advocating equality do not condone these actions.

11. TwoHourMotel

TwoHourMotel Well-Known Member

How are they stealing resources?

12. kildat017

Therefore world peace is impossible.

13. CAFO

CAFO Well-Known Member

That's not how logic works, kiddo.

14. kildat017

Let me rephrase then

For as long as people are subject to oxygen, food and water, people will have all the reason in the world to be greedy in power, priviledge, authority and justice. some wants equality, while some wants power. some wants others to do their bidding, but nobody wants to be someone's errand runner.

therefore impossible.

15. r0xo

r0xo Well-Known Member

That is a good summary of a reason why peace is unattainable until things change drastically.

We are only creatures after all, we want stuff and to an extent will do everything to get it. Some just have a different view of what amount of influence on others is ok.

16. kildat017

and let's not forget how demanding respect can be a real bitch sometime.

seriously, I hate these kind of people and would avoid it with a standard 10 meter pole.

17. Mognakor

Because most of the wars in the past were about oxygen, food and water, right?

And there are no reasons to be greedy, greed in itself is illogical and implies that you want more than you need.

P.S.: Many people are errand runners and there is nothing wrong with it as long as you get paid and you get along with your boss.

18. kildat017

lol, everything starts on something small.

I mentioned those 3 as those are the basic of basic need of humans. the 3 simplest desires then bloomed into something more. like authority, respect, power to control others, being untouchable, and more power.

to put it in another way, you can only truly help others once you've abolished yourself of the basic of basic needs. the antithesis of helping (giving) is receiving. and we're still very dependent on those 3 basic needs.

A drastic change would then be if our fleshly bodies are then upgraded into something that no longer has to need the basic desire. until then, its impossible.

so, putting it in another way, true peace is achieved once humanity are granted the technology of converting this fleshly body into glorified bodies. The bible promises such body conversion, and this is what I personally am looking forward to.

Thus I say that humanity should start innovating such technology and stop giving fucks to useless things like power, authority, respect, relationships, drama, etc. But I know better that humanity has been stupid for the past 2000 years. there's no hope for humanity.

19. CAFO

CAFO Well-Known Member

Yea, you say this a lot, but never make any attempt to back it up. War fought over resources is often done out of necessity, not greed. That's not to say that humans are incorruptible, but you're going to have to stop throwing around assumptions like this if you want to get anywhere with us.

And there are plenty of people who are fine being errand runners. Have you never heard of a knight loyal to his king?

20. Mognakor

If i don't need to breathe, eat or drink anylonger i still can be greedy.