Is reddit ruining everything?

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by GanymedeElegy, Jul 5, 2016.

1. RisaStoleMyHart

RisaStoleMyHart Well-Known Member

There is nothing wrong with that.

2. Greaves

Greaves Well-Known Member

There is, because it means the interesting stuff is usually buried beneath cringy memes.

3. BattledOne

BattledOne Well-Known Member

Huh, I thought dev posts get auto upvoted to the top 99% of the time. At least, on the subreddits I frequent. Some subreddits have special marks if dev commented in a thread.

4. Greaves

I'm more referring to threads themselves coming from the echochamber of cheese. Devs will reply in them and get upvoted, but oftentimes the question asked or point made is not what i'm looking for.

5. RisaStoleMyHart

RisaStoleMyHart Well-Known Member

If a game's subreddit has many more users discussing their product than their forums, it's definitely worth to examine. Because it's a simple way to see popular opinions of the stakeholders. Reddit is just a user-generated content aggregation Web site. If the majority of the frontpage is full of shit, it's more a fault with the quality of its' userbase than Reddit as a platform.

As if PD doesn't have huge circlejerks. Clan Iraq threads, the regular shit-show in DotA Chat, W&ND etc.

6. Greaves

Obviously, since Reddit is just a platform.

PD is a shitshow as well but in a different way. I laugh more than cringe over here.

7. DarkMessiah7

DarkMessiah7 Well-Known Member

People upvote "dank memes" thats why most things on reddit are cringeworthy.

Id rather have the dev scrolling through forum pages until he sees something thats worth mentioning according to him and answer that question rather than go looking for the most upvoted ones which will probably be "will we have waifus?" tier.

As said ,the more the subscribers the worse the subreddit gets. They should remove the upvote/downvote 9gag system completely or come up with something better. It might fit an image posting site for children but bot one where conversation is supposed to happen.

8. BattledOne

BattledOne Well-Known Member

What are you looking for though?