Is competitve dota too cheesy at the moment?

Discussion in 'Competitive Chat' started by Fairy_Navi, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Mr. BoB

Mr. BoB Well-Known Member

You reckon valve will fix this in the future?

2. Zizy

Zizy Well-Known Member

Only if there's enough pro teams that would complain. Else I think they're busting nuts on how the game is being played right now.

I still have no clue why he added shitton of early game consumes (Faerie fire, Mango, Raindrops).

And as it was mentioned few posts above, every game nowdays comes to those teamfights because skirmishes due to regen items and how low profit they are non existent.

I really hope we'll get a decent patch after TI.

3. MWaser

MWaser Well-Known Member

Adding an illusion of the game being more complex. More items, especially niche items adds more possible strategies and item builds.

Too bad they actually end up being either overpowered or useless. I do think Faerie Fire was an interesting addition though, the mind games caused by using it right before you would otherwise die and have the enemy stop chasing only to realize you're still alive is quite something to see.

4. minhogang

minhogang Well-Known Member

^^^^ I like this post. I remember saving 6.75 alchemist comebacks in wc3.
    Also I believe barrack EHP hasn't been changed since like 6.50 or whatever, that should be incrased. Jug gets 1.4 BAT instead of 1.7, TB gets +80 dmg instead of 300 HP, everything else gets super buffed so I also think building HP should be increased as well.

5. JJE92

JJE92 Moderator

Honestly, back in the days when I first watched DotA competitively, comebacks were so common, because late-game delaying strats were the way to go, so even if one team is 10-15k ahead, when the other team has the better late-game it almost didn't matter anything if they don't manage to get raxxes. Compared to that, comebacks feel way harder right now, because there are few late-game hard carries that can manage to hold that effectively and then turn around the game almost by themselves.

6. Urna-

Urna- Well-Known Member

There is too much dumb stuff in the game atm.

Mirana
    Huskar
    Alch
    Timber
    Kka
    Oracle

To name a few...

"Fair" heroes like Jugg have a hard time dealing with all the aspects they bring to the table. Thankfuly we still have heroes like Jugg to allow fair game play though.

7. Fairy_Navi

Fairy_Navi Well-Known Member

Hey! Listen!

This is exactly what I mean.

As well as what other users have said about

Drow / Huskar or Illusion spam sieging (Morph / Terror / Naga / Alch)

PPD has also been vocal about complaining about this, even during this TI where EG have been doing exceptionally well compared to the last couple of months.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  8. TidesOfBlood

TidesOfBlood Well-Known Member

Welcome to new meta:

Imposibru high ground break + Illusion push + early kills means nothing

9. Nicolas_Cage

Nicolas_Cage Well-Known Member

Don't be mad when Liquid decided to go full Chinese rice farming after getting 14-0 lead and then get pick off over and over again until Naga get fat.
    Fucking 10k gold lead and didn't even pressure T3 once for the first 25 minutes. They lose because they are retarded, not because of the strats.

10. RandomFlamer

RandomFlamer Well-Known Member

Yea it was completely Liquid's fault. Thankfully they learned fast, the other two games were not even close.