Is competitve dota too cheesy at the moment?

Discussion in 'Competitive Chat' started by Fairy_Navi, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Fairy_Navi

Fairy_Navi Well-Known Member

Hey! Listen!

Does anyone else feel the pro dota meta is just way too cheesy at the moment?

Although we have more heroes picked than ever in competitive dota, I still feel like this is one of the worst patches for pro dota from a neutrals point of view.

I enjoyed last years TI a lot more and that was with Broken Disco Pony and Techies being ridiculously OP.

2. BigBadBossDk

BigBadBossDk Well-Known Member

How is it cheesy

3. Mognakor

Mognakor Well-Known Member

Games having 3 Roshan kills.

4. Bodge

Bodge Well-Known Member

Then don't trust your feelings.

5. summer-penguin

summer-penguin Well-Known Member

:coffee:

Wut?

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

How come you like dota and you're not enjoying this spectacular TI?
    From a neutral point of view, the game was never this good.
    From a neutral point of view Dota reached the top, as one of the most balanced, competitive, and intelligent games ever made in the history of professional gaming.
    In these terms (balance, competitivity and game flowing mechanics), it has become the ideal MOBA. The one to be pursued by others. For a fact.
    It was not always like this. Nops.
    But it is now.
    In these terms, all critics aim for Dota when saying that this or that MOBA needs to get better in some place.

It is growing more and more unfriendly towards casual gaming tho.
    (but that's an entirely different issue.. and it also requires attention)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  6. ifearnotable

ifearnotable Member

Patch 6.72 for the Win. Tweak that patch a bit and we have the best dotas Ever. BY tweaking I mean perhaps increase support gold in kills, implement the buyback gold loss and REMOVE RUBBERBAND. Also return faceless void to his true backtracking self..... hmm what else>?

I remember when I used to vs two or more invis heroes I used to love it, because you can't roam and do nothing(We'll control lane with sentry, no 1 hit eat with tango/axe) put your team behind and then win 1 team fight and you're right back in it. You waste time doing nothing you would surely fall behind. Now you throw 3 people at towers and if you die oh well, well get them next time with 4 ppl and that 4th will get extra gold cause we just died to them so it's all good.

You get what im saying. Endless cycle of throwing bodies andddd my game just started ttyl!

7. Nicolas_Cage

Nicolas_Cage Well-Known Member

Can you define cheese because I think your definition is different from everybody else's.

8. Blarrg

Blarrg Well-Known Member

It is extremely cheesy because they've made risk taking completely useless in this game. If you die twice as a carry while you're ahead you've basically thrown the game away.

Teams remedy this by picking ridiculously safe lineups and tanky cores like Huskar or Drow + defensive support combinations, along with illusion cheese that is risk free farming and uphill seiging.

You are simply no longer allowed to make a mistake, because if you do, you've basically lost the game because you're giving up thousands of gold for a single death. There are no longer skirmishes in dota, its always 5v5 in every fight, because if you bring 4v5 then you'll lose tons of gold + map presence even in a 2 for 2 trade.

9. RandomFlamer

RandomFlamer Well-Known Member

Drow strats
    Alchemist strats
    Huskar strats

something like this in most games

thank god the Meepo strats wont be a thing, thanks EHOME

10. TidesOfBlood

TidesOfBlood Well-Known Member

Its called safe play, is boring.

11. WuzuIII

WuzuIII Well-Known Member

Well if highground wasnt impossible to break without cheese or 30k lead then we maybe had less cheese.

12. IHateLeavers

IHateLeavers Well-Known Member

It's not that hard, unless enemy has Tinker or Kunka/Oracle and other annoying heroes.

13. Blarrg

Blarrg Well-Known Member

It actually is very difficult to high ground against 90% of lineups.

14. ManOnTheCan

ManOnTheCan Well-Known Member

I've seen plenty of games where the enemy carry gets ganked a few times and it's not "gg push and end". Unlike in my pubs..

Competitive dota is great now. Watch EHOME if you want to see some fun strats. Offensive trilanes for days

15. Nicolas_Cage

You haven't seen Secret games I see.
    Real fun strats are from MvP and Wings.

16. Blarrg

Blarrg Well-Known Member

Watching DuBu permabash people is absolutely hilarious but I actually feel so bad for the teams who are the victim to it since its actually so game changing.

17. ManOnTheCan

ManOnTheCan Well-Known Member

17% has always been in the game. At least now it's PRD so the chances of 5 bashes in a row are much less.

18. InThoX

InThoX Well-Known Member

game progresses too fast imo (especially itemwise) and comebacks dont feel too special anymore. back in the day if u managed to come back ud remember this game for weeks and prob even save it. nowadays ist just another game.
    also the buildings have almost been completely ignored and dont quite match up to the constant powercreeping of heros. diving even in early stages of the game is no longer a problem, towers used to be scary once. raxes fall in a blink of an eye, teams often dont even care for them and just go straight throne, literally melting away t4's.
    huge items are not impressive anymore, u just excpect them. back in the day if someone finished his BF shit was huge.

but then again no one likes ricing for 60 minutes either, with 0 action. its a difficult topic but in my opinion the -em mode we currently have kinda destroyed essential strategical depth of dota.

19. Nicolas_Cage

Back in the day people completing luxury was huge was because people have no idea how to farm properly.

20. minhogang

minhogang Well-Known Member

but is ok because reddit like it no worry men))