Invoker hotkeys

Discussion in 'Others' started by Irek, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Irek

Irek Well-Known Member

IMO invoker is dificoult to play only becouse he have 14 hotkeys and when i play him using 4-5 skills in a fight i often lose much time and dps becouse i make mistakes.
    My idea is to make the skill (no matter what skill is there) above wex to have hotkey "D"(its an example) and the skill above exort "F"

2. Black.Lotus

Black.Lotus Well-Known Member

The current hotkeys are ok. Just practice with them.

3. DracoLich

DracoLich Well-Known Member

impossible to do
    td

4. BlizziC

BlizziC Well-Known Member

impossible as draco said, it will be much easier to play with 2 skills with same hotkey, very

5. Irek

Irek Well-Known Member

if by impossible you mean not codable you are wrong

6. DracoLich

it doesnt turn idea to good

7. Lama051

Lama051 Moderator

No, simply practice more.

8. Irek

Irek Well-Known Member

i know but this way its better or it could be a command

9. Axidos

Axidos Well-Known Member

It's not impossible to do at all. It involves duplicating Invoker's abilities in order to have one with the hotkey D and one with the hotkey F, then a script to keep track of which one was created most recently. Most of us have no idea whether that's hard or just time consuming.

Personally, I'm in favour of this.

10. Irek

Irek Well-Known Member

hehe i was thinking exactly about duplicating skills,anyway the script is there becouse the older spell is changed so "something" must track which is older thats why i dont think its too much work

11. oStRicH-EgReT

oStRicH-EgReT Well-Known Member

Yeah, it'll be better if we use just 2 hotkey for using all of invoker spell.

Maybe we can use the script of the old morphling skill that changes everytime you hit the ulti.

1. I think it'll be better if we use 2 hotkey for ulti, for example "K" for the no 1 skill, and "L" for the no 2 skill.

And for use the no 1 skill "D" for the no 2 skill "F", something like that. :D

12. Lama051

Lama051 Moderator

I´m not saying this is entirely bad idea, I´d even support this if the old invoker hotkeys would be still there.

13. NoThlnG

NoThlnG Well-Known Member

Problem is, this will cause same skill to have different hotkeys which is IMO, rather weird.

For old Invoker, this was possible due to it has only 1 invoked skill but for new one, it'll be rather weird. Same reason with why standard hotkey for item shop is not implemented. Same item will have different hotkeys

14. Irek

Irek Well-Known Member

it could be a command but i dont think making this a command would be a good idea

15. Shukaku

Shukaku Well-Known Member

this would need 2 skills with shared cooldown for every skill of invoker which would make customkeys horribly comlicated (i prefer having my combos together like D F blast/meteor and invis on T cause its really fast to acces via QQWRT)

if optional t-up (but is it possible to give a hero some skills optional?)

16. Irek

Irek Well-Known Member

IMO would be better that way (3 fingers on qwe and 1 pressing r-invoke and fg spells) and thumb on alt :p

17. DracoLich

no. knowing of 9 hotkeys isnt require Einstein's brain

18. Irek

Irek Well-Known Member

i know the hotkeys but like jurnero,invoker needs a change too

19. DracoLich

jurnero had 1 skill.
    invoker have 9.
    impossible

20. Axidos

Axidos Well-Known Member

Because handling an extra 9 abilities is impossible. It's so impossible, IceFrog added twice that amount in the latest version.