[INT-SCOURGE]Mana Vampire

Discussion in 'Hero Ideas' started by Lord_Talron, May 20, 2011.

1. Lord_Talron

Lord_Talron Well-Known Member

Well, this is my first complete hero suggestion in quite a while. Hope its not too crazy. Anyways, please give plenty of critique as im sure my numbers are a lot less balanced than i think they are. Thanks for reviewing!

you might notice his ultimate is similar to his first skill, this is because im in the process of thinking up a new first skill so please disregard the similarities

Mana Vampire

Background Story: As a member of the feared dreadlords, Zargreth helped assert Archimonde's authority over countless worlds. His methods, however, differed from his brothers'. Instead of a thirst for blood, Zargreth had an insatiable hunger for magicks. Over time he honed his skills, eventually even learning how to survive off of mana alone. His control even allows him to tap into a world's innert magicks, effectively manipulating their flow to his advantage and siphon off massive amounts of mana from anyone foolish enough to face him. With Archimonde finished, he now fights for the Lich King, eager to feast off the magicks of the sentinel, leaving the wreckage of his magical manipulation behind him.
    Strength - 20 + [2.0]
    Agility - 17 + [1.45]
    Intelligence - 25 + [3.5]

Starting HP/MP:|530/325
    Attack Range:|128 (melee)[/table]

Seeping Magic - (Active, AoE)
    [table]__________[​IMG]__________|Zargreth manipulates the flow of magic in the area causing the ground to crack in order to either release or take mana from nearby heroes[/table]

|Mana|Cooldown|C. Range|AoE|Duration|Effects
    1|120|3 seconds|Self|500|N/A|10 mana gained/lost
    2|130|3 seconds|Self|500|N/A|20 mana gained/lost
    3|140|3 seconds|Self|500|N/A|30 mana gained/lost
    4|150|3 seconds|Self|500|N/A|40 mana gained/lost[/table]

• No cast time.
    Essence Pact - (Toggle, Self)
    [table]__________[​IMG]__________|The Mana Vampire can use mana in many ways including to heal even the most deadly of injuries.[/table]

1|0|3 Seconds|N/A|Self|Until deactivated|Drains 10% of maximum mana every 3 seconds. Heals for 1x amount drained
    2|0|3 Seconds|N/A|Self|Until deactivated|Drains 10% of maximum mana every 3 seconds. Heals for 1.25x amount drained
    3|0|3 Seconds|N/A|Self|Until deactivated|Drains 10% of maximum mana every 3 seconds. Heals for 1.50x amount drained
    4|0|3 Seconds|N/A|Self|Until deactivated|Drains 10% of maximum mana every 3 seconds. Heals for 1.75x amount drained[/table]

• Most disables do not stop this ability, silence, hex, and doom do.
    Volatile Energy - (Passive, AoE)
    [table]__________[​IMG]__________|Every time Zargreth loses mana it causes a fluctuation in the air around him that damages nearby enemies for a portion of the mana lost.[/table]

1|N/A|N/A|N/A|600|N/A|50% of mana lost as AoE damage
    2|N/A|N/A|N/A|600|N/A|60% of mana lost as AoE damage
    3|N/A|N/A|N/A|600|N/A|70% of mana lost as AoE damage
    4|N/A|N/A|N/A|600|N/A|80% of mana lost as AoE damage[/table]

• Only counts mana lost from spells and items cast by Zargreth
    Essence Chains - (Active, AoE)
    [table]__________[​IMG]__________|The Mana Vampire reaches out hungrily for the essence of his enemies. Binds Zargreth with up to 5 enemy heroes, slowly draining their mana. If either Zargreth or his enemies venture more than 500 units from each other any connected chains will break causing great mystical destruction.[/table]

1|200|120 seconds|Self|500|10 seconds|10 mana per second stolen from each target, 200 mana lost by both Zargreth and enemy on break
    2|220|110 seconds|Self|500|10 seconds|30 mana per second stolen from each target, 300 mana lost by both Zargreth and enemy on break
    3|240|100 seconds|Self|500|10 seconds|50 mana per second stolen from each target, 400 mana lost by both Zargreth and enemy on break[/table]

• If chains are not broken by the end of the duration, the second effect will not take place.
    • Chains are the blue mana drain animation seen on lion but without the stuff on his head.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  2. interesting. Looks similar with Balanar
  3. Lord_Talron

yup. but balanar uses tichondrius's model. this is the ladder dreadlord :p
  4. sirky004

sirky004 Well-Known Member

What's the name of his 3rd skill?
  5. Lord_Talron

havent thought of a name yet
  6. Straight Flush

Straight Flush Well-Known Member

Looks pretty cool... Good synergies and the skills work well by themselves
    This hero looks promising
  7. Sven2k

Sven2k Moderator

1st is an AOE version of ''Chakra Magic'' with a big drain and gain cap. It's kind of boring and might need a tweak.
    A way you can change this:
    -To make it more interesting why not make allied heroes recover a % of the mana cost used to cast a spell
    If you don't like that you can try :
    -drains 10/15/20/25 mana per sec and for every 2 seconds in Seeping Magic it will deal 35 mana burn. So if a unit stays the hole 10 seconds it will loose
    25x10 + 35x5 = 375 mana drain and also 175 dmg

your 2nd skill has no mana cost.. and again it regens your mana

you don't need your 3rd skill at all cuz you don't have spamable skills or retardedly big mana costs so like I said 3rd skill is useless.

4th skill isn't bad but seriously.. what's up with all the mana, baising 1 hero on 1 theme is a horrible idea since his skills can end up boring or compleatly useless.

There isn't all that big synergy between skills.. it's basically mana drain mana drain mana drain and for what ? Your hero does not use that much mana. You should try thinking of a secondary theme for your hero, this way you can easily find suitable skills to synergize with your mana spells. Also edit his BG, it's pretty good but the word ''magic'' is overused

Here's an idea, why not change 3rd skill into smth like this.
    Energy Bursts
    Zargreth releases strong waves of energy around him, dealing dmg from his current mp. The huge distortions causes his body to to loose phisical shape transforming him into raw energy which allows him to teleport short distances.

-deals X/X/X/X % of current mp
    -your next step will cause you to teleport 200 units infront of you
    -3/4/5/6 waves
    -duration 3/4/5/6 seconds
    -mana cost 100 to activate + X/X/X/X %per wave
    -if you don't have enough mana the skill will stop

if your 2nd skill is like old soul steal it will synergise alot with this skill because it allow you easily to cath up to your enemy and also with the constant mana drain you'll be dealing a very reasonable amount of dmg.

I'm kinda tired to give you a % for the mp but here's a site where you can calculate easily %. http://asita.hit.bg/AM/percent.htm
    If you don't understand it, paste it in google and press translate before etering the page (though it is quite self explanatory)
    Last edited: May 22, 2011
  8. One.More.Game.

One.More.Game. Well-Known Member

How about Mana Burst for 3Skill?
  9. Lord_Talron

my hero would make much more sense if you noticed that his second skill actually drains his mana :D

@phoe: maybe.
  10. Sven2k

Sven2k Moderator

Oh I misread it, well then there is more synergy I guess :p

Well ok is it a channeling spell btw ? Also could you create a list showing the mana drained in 3 different stages of the hero during a game (lv 10/15/25 and different items for those lvs) and calculate it with your 3rd skill (I'm too tired to do that now)
  11. Antonius_Block

Antonius_Block Well-Known Member

Okay, a few suggestions to make this better.

1st skill should take mana from all enemy heroes in an AoE from you instantly and make it really spammable (like 4-5 seconds CD at lvl 4)

2nd skill is fine.

3rd skill would really synergyze like that.

Now here's the real downer. As it's own, ulti is really a solid skill but you don't need that extra mana, you're not THAT mana intensive. Although 2nd does spend mana you should really be mana intensive using 1st (the new spammable version) + 2nd. 4th would deal shitloads of damage then (maybe needs to be rebalanced) Now, you need a lot of presence, therefore you need to endure quite a lot. 2nd makes you kind of tanky but you should really switch his base STR and STR gain with his base AGI and AGI gain to have more pressence. Here's where ulti should be focused on. Something that makes you even harder and that uses the mana theme.

Overall, the hero is quite good, I like it a lot. Kudos for your third skill. It's really original. The icon's borders are all wrong, though. And you can name it... "Arcana Wrath" or something like it. I don't know :D

Good luck!
  12. Lord_Talron

it is not channelling

mana at level 10: 734.5
    mana at level 15: 962
    mana at level 25: 1417

(keep in mind this is every 3 seconds not every second)
    Mana Drained at level 10 with no items: 73.45
    Heal at level 10 with no items: 128.54
    Damage at level 10 no items 58.76

Mana Drained at level 15 with no items: 96.2
    Heal at level 15 with no items: 168.35
    Damage at level 15 no items 76.96

Mana Drained at level 25 with no items: 141.7
    Heal at level 25 with no items: 247.98
    Damage at level 25 no items 113.36
  13. doomed2die

doomed2die Well-Known Member

Skill 1: Alright I guess. I don't really see the need to heal mana but I see some good skill work with this.

Skill 2: I like this skill. I wonder about the balance. But then again, it won't do much until much farther on in the game. revival of the bloodstone?

Skill 3: I see good synergy with skill 2, I like it. Simple, clean, effective.

Skill 4: Mehhh I suggest a remake. First of all, he has little need for all that mana drain. I suggest something that allows him to use a lot of mana and regen a lot of mana afterwards somehow. The way this is set up is basically "use skill 2 as much as you can lololol" and that doesn't really help.

I like it, it's clean, simple, effective. However, skill 1 is kind of boring and skill 4 lacks a little synergy. He's getting a lot of mana but isn't using nearly enough to warrant all that. Skill 3 only really synergizes with skill 2 and while it's a powerful and fluid synergy, the potential is wasted with skill 1/skill 4.

Quick Suggestion: Skill 1: Orb effect, costs 60 mana (or so; maybe scaling mana cost?), drains mana equal to 50% of damage dealt on hit. That would quickly allow him to regenerate mana while (and be a real mana vampire) while allowing the 3rd skill to deal additional damage every time.

But I'm sure you get my point now.
  14. Lord_Talron

i swapped his str and agility as suggested.

@rafiiki: i remade skill one to what you suggested, i think. cool idea :D
  15. PuЪLiㄷEиəℳy#1

PuЪLiㄷEиəℳy#1 Well-Known Member

I don't have enough time to review (as of the moment, at least) but I'll just suggest a name for the third skill; Volatile Energy.
  16. Lord_Talron

17. condorzai

condorzai Well-Known Member

Pros :

Cons :
    B O R I N G :(
  18. D41V30N

D41V30N Well-Known Member

Alright. Here are my views.

First skill. Cooldown is a bit imbalanced. But then again, I think you lowered the cooldown to better synergize with the 3rd skill, right? Ok.
    Second Skill. I have no problem with it. In fact, with this on, it can act as the ladder Immolation with a greater AoE effect because of the 3rd skill. Nice :D.
    Third Skill. This is what I like the most about him. It's like Specter, but not it doesn't damage enemy units based on drained HP, it does it based on drained Mana, and it's a skill that, I think, should be introduced into the game. However, I do think that effects are imbalanced. What if he has about 2000 mana? And then he turns on second skill. 10% mana used for second skill is 200, which turns into 160 Damage per second in an AOE. But then again, he doesn't have any damaging ability, not to mention second skill drains 10% of MAXIMUM mana per second. I'm having doubts whether it's really balanced or not.
    Ultimate. Well, I did think it was quite imbalanced at first, but then I re-read it and I found out that it drains 50% of current Mana. And about the next part of the skill, is the mana gain like Soul Ring? You know, does "Retains mana for 15 seconds" mean that he will retain the mana for 15 seconds and then the unused amount of stolen mana will disappear, right? I hope it's this way. Also, does this "then mana points are restored over 10 seconds" mean that the ENEMY units' mana points are restored over 10 seconds? I think that would be a better idea to make it more balanced. Enemies would gain the drained mana over 10 seconds. No. I think you should change this part of the skill with Skill level as well. Level 1, Enemies gain within 6 seconds. Level 2 can be 8 seconds and Level 3 goes for 10 seconds, because 10 seconds is hellishly enough to turn the tides of a battle. Also, I would like to know another thing. Is the Mana Drain for Ultimate "instant" or does it "drain"?
    By the way, base INT is very high. You can balance it a little bit as well considering how he always tends to steal mana.

Overall, I like him, but he needs an extra bit of flare and balance to be added into DOTA.

Also, if possible, would you please review my hero? :p (in my sig)
  19. Lord_Talron

@condorzai in what ways do you find him boring? perhaps i could meet your standards. dont know unless you tell me!
  20. Lord_Talron

thanks for the review sirg