how to get out of "very high" bracket?

Discussion in 'DotA Chat' started by GodlyKha, Oct 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GodlyKha

GodlyKha Well-Known Member

I don't have an unlimited supply of cdkeys, unlike WC3 or whatever.
    In WC3, after playing about 20 games, I'd abandon the account and start a new smurf. Because after ~20 games, you'd run into hour load times and play only with the same group of ~100 total players you'd recognize, games would be incredibly boring protocol/clowntress/etc fests of making the game unfun. I am a person who enjoys messing around. I'd have multiple accounts devoting to massing Acolytes or building cannon towers behind your base.

Well here I am on DotA 2, and I have only about 4 keys total, after giving away so many. And so far, every single game is invariably tryhard. I play with the same people nonstop. DOTABUFF even lists some as "friends" based simply on matchmaking pitting us together for 8 games "at random" recently. I'd estimate that with no exaggeration, 1/4 of my games are against a 4-5 man stack team. Virtually every single game has a 2-3 stack, I imagine there isn't a single thats 10 random people. I'll load a game, and see something like this;
    or this

And then bam, I'll be getting "There are 327 spectators watching your game"

Fuck tryharding. Fuck every single one of you that stacks in pubs more than you search random queue. I can tolerate a paltry few games with friends messing around. Anyone who goes in with a 5 man team searching matchmaking instead of scrimmaging other 5 man teams, ought to be shot. This MM is broken and everyone knows it. I *win* games against 5 man stacks, but it isn't whatsoever fun. Die in a fire you guys, you know who you are. I don't want to play against you, I don't want to play with you.

I spent years building Dagon on Razor back when he had the red lightning projectile animation. I will buy go sangod when I can. I'll mass battle furies on any melee hero, IDGAF. I wish this game had more ways to do funny-yet-effective strategies like my glory days of mass acolytes.

So how do I solve this? How many games can I get off on a smurf account? Until DOTA 2 has a solo-only matchmaking queue or opt-out team MM in solo-queue, its half unplayable. If I start trying to switch out of steam and pretend to be my brother, how many games will I go before I'm back right where I started? I refuse to start ruining peoples games by intentionally losing or throwing or abandoning just to deflate my record. Maybe I could abandon right near the end of everything as we're about to win or lose, but I'd have to dig my way out of an LPQ. I'd rather just play in the "normal human being queue"

How do I get out of the "very high" bracket? I have maybe 500 wc3 cdkeys and accounts were unrestricted anyway, and once it came to dota, you could choose your matchmaking client and choose your games. In DOTA 2, you play by Valve's matchmaking and theres no sign of registration being open instead of invite in the near future.
  2. Uncle_Zhuge

Uncle_Zhuge Well-Known Member

How to get through/under/over/across/among/around/aside/away/behind/in front/in between/beside/beneath/above "very high" bracket?
  3. jackyan22

jackyan22 Well-Known Member

You are obviously not trolling if you keep winning. If you are truly fucking around every game, then you can expect to lose more games and get out of very high.
  4. Frost

Frost Well-Known Member

Try suggesting unranked matchmaking @

I'm pretty sure a lot of people will support your idea. But there has to be some incentive for people to still play ranked games though, maybe something like no battlepoints or half battlepoints for unranked games.
  5. GodlyKha

I am not going to do funny builds against a 5 man stack. I enjoy trolling and winning, not losing and getting flamed by my allies. I spent last week having to give a 20 line long lecture at the beginning of every game about how I was not trolling with Lothars on BH and it was actually an incredibly effective build, and I still soaked up about 10 reports anyway.

Like I say, I won't intentionally lose just to bring myself down. Thats taking 4 people down with me each time. I'd rather smurf and give some newbies a free win when my Dagon Spectre goes on a rampage.
  6. da_j0sephz

da_j0sephz Well-Known Member

if you naturally fool around every single game in the very high skilled bracket, you will surely lose much more than you win and the matchmaking system would bring you back to a tier where all your fun strats will give you a 50:50 w/l ratio.
  7. SugaSutA

SugaSutA Well-Known Member

You can always just dump a few games with more precarious builds. Normally if you do troll builds in general people will already start to flame, more so if you lose.

Or just create a smurf, mute everybody, and troll to your hearts content.
  8. GodlyKha

But muting everyone and trolling is how I got into this mess!
  9. Ari~

Ari~ Banned

Play better. There is nothing beyond the High Skill, so once you get to the end (as in the best) it just goes full circle into shit tier.
  10. Typhox

Typhox Well-Known Member

Dota 2 currently doesn't support this feature.
    You can play Dota 2 Test.
  11. Avenar

Avenar Well-Known Member

Ask the players to report you, then leave. You will be send into Low Priority Pool.
  12. GodlyKha

Won't I have to play 2147482461 more games?!
    I'll be playing 24/7 until the year 162525! And I don't know if I'll still need my teeth, arms and legs by then!
  13. bloodchowz

bloodchowz Banned

keep on losing, feeding the hero so u can get out immediately
  14. 4saken.Infinity

4saken.Infinity Well-Known Member

You don't. GG no re.

If you really miss messing around, there's /v/ inhouses. Password is usually vidya and games are usually up from evening to early morning PST. Some of them are retardedly tryhard but the people there are such baddies that you can go any buil and rape.

If you really really wanna have a safe way to do this though then we're gonna need a sufficiently large "inhouse" group with forced -spar every fucking game. Too bad Dota 2 doesn't allow for sp yet. I have no idea why either.

Ugh.. guess reddit also has some games although idk what pw they use. And there's a number of people beginning to learn the game that have lobbies created but it's not really fun beating newbies. It's like bullying a crippled kid.

Also what the hell. Just mess around in very high. You dare say IDGAF but then you say you don't mess around vs a stack. Just play like you don't actually give a fuck. That doesn't mean autoloss. If you seriously believe in some of the underrated shit that these tryharders would never consider playing as and thus have no clue how to play vs, you can pull of a ridiculous rape every third game. Sure the other two games might not work out but it'll be fun nonetheless. Why do you worry about other people like seriously. As long as you don't throw on purpose, going messy builds that rape is perfectly fine. Or heroes.
  15. GodlyKha

Yeah but apparently the /v/irgins know who I am by name on this site (no oldfags that know who clan_iraq is), so I dunno if I really wanna poke around

Crikey I would love it so much if I could force every game to be -sp in pubs, and screw over those stacks. Back in dota 1 days before fancy clients and host bots, if I saw some bastards trying to pull a stack on me, I'd run -sp every time. Naturally it meant they'd swear and leave, but it was funnier than just kicking them from my game.
  16. 4saken.Infinity

4saken.Infinity Well-Known Member

I seriously don't recall typing that "GG no re." what the hell.

Ugh.. just change your name a lot then. Steam lets you change it as many times as you want after all. And set your profile to private so people can't figure out who you're by your friendslist.

Or you could just man up and play the fucking awesome Dagon Spectre vs tryhard with your name or not. It rapes and you know it so what the heck.

In fact, if your name is "known", that means idiots might let you have the room to mess around without yelling at you so much that your play suffers.
  17. jibu

jibu Well-Known Member

18. Low priority and you'll be fine.
  19. mrpoey

mrpoey Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. Also, I've met you in MM a few times. I wanted you to play meepo, but he wasn't released yet. :(

MM doesn't permit me to play with some of my newer or lower skilled friends, because it'll ruin the game. It's quite frustrating.
  20. SugaSutA

SugaSutA Well-Known Member

I KNOW! Play heroes and start with rapiers?

Namely meepo after agah btw~ I would love to see that :D

Imagine the big hoo-hah with all the rapiers lying around.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.