how to deny a hero..

Discussion in 'Game Strategy' started by ~sLarK~, Jul 16, 2010.

1. ~sLarK~

~sLarK~ Well-Known Member

i know this might be a stupid question but ..... how do we deny a hero???? i know how to deny creeps using the a button well how a bout the hero??
  2. hajasmarci

hajasmarci Well-Known Member

use nightmare
  3. king_james

king_james Well-Known Member

Bloodseeker's 1st skill does the work.
  4. Croxist

Croxist Well-Known Member

You can deny a hero when he is being doom or poison nova etc
  5. refrag

refrag Well-Known Member

Under certain circumstanced (e.g. your teammate has the skill Doom on his hero) you can deny your teammates hero with normal a-clicking, just like with creeps.
    There are more skills like that, all of them are dot-skills, damage over time.

Another chance to deny your teammate is with spells that deal damage to your mates and enemies likewise, e.g. Bloodseekers Bloodrage, Banes Nightmare or Tinys Toss
  6. _Quetzalcoatl_

_Quetzalcoatl_ Well-Known Member

You can only deny a hero if he is under the effects of DoT(damage over time) spells like Doom, Veno's Venomous Gale, Warlock's Shadow word, to name a few.

To deny them, simply attack them. (press a click hero). They become attackable when under 25% hp i believe.
  7. s.ops_Freak

s.ops_Freak Well-Known Member

If your allied has a negative buff or DoT skill on him like Venomous Gale, Shadow Word, Doom, Poison Sting then you can simply attack your ally when he's below a certain amount of HP (just attack him when you'll last hit it) or other ways to deny allies would be Bloodseeker's first skill, Toss (does damage to the tossed unit) or Nightmare.
  8. Xishko

Xishko Well-Known Member

Can you deny your ally if under necro's 2nd skill <25% hp
  9. _Quetzalcoatl_

I don't think so, because it is an aura, and i think it is negative degen, so doesn't cancel salve/clarity etc.

Ask in adv mechanics to be sure though.
  10. AzureD

AzureD Well-Known Member

Oh wow I had my post deleted by mods I guess. Ok I will shut up.
  11. BareScare

BareScare Well-Known Member

You can deny a hero when they reach the lower end of their health points and are taking damage over time, i.e. Doom or almost any type of poison. To complete the action just command your hero to attack and last hit the remaining amount of life during the damage over time spell.
  12. SpiralAvenger

SpiralAvenger Well-Known Member

no you cant. only under effects like doom.
  13. ursawarrior21

ursawarrior21 New Member

you can deny a hero if he is beeing doomed or poisoned..
  14. Sox.

Sox. Well-Known Member

or be using Bloodseekers' Spells Or Nightmare. And if you're lucky you can deny with Tiny's toss.
    Or if Warlock is using his Healing thing thing on the enemy. You can also deny thru that. Anything that he keeps loosing damage off. Except Meledict from witch doctor.
  15. Adun

Adun Well-Known Member

Heartstopper Aura cannot kill, so you cannot deny a hero under its effect.

Off-topic: I remember the times when you turned to sheep when you attack an ally. Good times...sadly I was too young to play DotA back then.
  16. _Quetzalcoatl_

:shock: Really? Wow i didn't know that. I'd do that in pubs just for the lulz. Which version was this?
  17. elsoloist

elsoloist Well-Known Member

5.84c. It was casted by a dummy unit. The funny thing is that if u manage to get bkb u could attack ur allies freely within the bkbed period.
  18. _Quetzalcoatl_

This is awesome. I would like this to be implemented in fun mode.:smiling:
  19. wd.Ripper

wd.Ripper Well-Known Member

It can kill. Most of the damage is HP-removal, final damage tick isn't. But you indeed can't deny an ally if he's just under effect of this aura.
  20. Lenciades

Lenciades Well-Known Member

... Man, read a guide or learn the game..

There is nothing of "game strategy" on this..

I would like to now which spells/buff/debuff are purgable, but I won't post it here.