How to counter Viper mid?

Discussion in 'Game Strategy' started by jamal99, Jun 26, 2010.

1. jamal99

jamal99 Well-Known Member

How?
    I laned against him with SF, got owned hard.
    I laned against him with Zeus, got owned little less hard.
    I laned against him with Mirana, didn't get owned but he killed a lot more creeps.
    Laned against him with Akasha, he couldn't kill me (just like with Mirana) but he killed a lot of creeps.
    All of the games were against same guy, as he only picks Viper and goes mid. And no, he isn't really better player than me.

What hero to choose to stop (or slow) his farming and dont feed him?

Don't say ganking, because it's a pub game...

2. HyP-

HyP- Well-Known Member

Tinker.

3. Aihb

Aihb Member

Broodmother. He can't orbwalk you if you're invisible. And he can't stop your pushes with his single-target power.

4. scrubsie

scrubsie Well-Known Member

Silencer anyone? CotS him, since he have no "spells" until level 6, he will have a hell.

5. Spielverderber

Spielverderber Well-Known Member

maybe puck, trax and silencer ?

6. Tinker
    Lion /w drain
    Brood

7. AduhAwas

AduhAwas Well-Known Member

Since silencer is auto win that doesn't even count. Viper is a strong solo but by no means unbeatable by the heroes you mentioned. I'm guessing there was also a fair skill level difference between the vipers you faced off against.

8. LiL.RaBBiT

LiL.RaBBiT Well-Known Member

You can play with almost any hero and own him,just don't get too near and always (if u can) stay in fog of war...and only come out when u want to last hit/deny a creep,You can even do it with a melee hero. I have done it million of times with Rexxar,ES,pandarean and clockwerk it's so easy...just don't give priority to killing creeps..the priority is your HP,It's OK if u lose 100-300 HP in the first 7 mins as long as u own tangos to heal yourself I usually buy 2 tangos when i play with a melee hero and 1 when i'm playing with a range hero

Hope It Helps.

9. Belanir

Belanir Well-Known Member

Poison attack removes CotS. I am not sure but, it is not like trax's cold arrow and CotS does not work against this orb. Confirm ?

10. AduhAwas

AduhAwas Well-Known Member

No. Vipers orb does not dispell cots.

11. Night1301

Night1301 Well-Known Member

Nevermore can outlane him with a careful raze

Vigoss' QoP outlaned solomid viper too:ninja:

12. -phenom

-phenom Well-Known Member

Just counter it with brood...unless your opponent got ES :p

13. s.ops_Freak

s.ops_Freak Well-Known Member

All those heroes that you mentioned should be able to own Viper solo mid which gives me the impression that he is infact better than you. Just think of it this way, if you played Viper and he played those heroes would he be able to own you.. Heroes that I think would own Viper in solo mid:

Silencer - Thumbs down, Viper is MP'less and HP'less for his entire laning phase which
    means useless Viper.
    Brood - Since it's just a pub no one would supply him with wards which will fuck his laning
    phase.
    Tinker - It's hard to lose a lane to Viper with Tinker especially if you have a chicken and
    rune control.
    SF - SF with a chick/bottle/rune control owns Viper at lvl 3 onwards. Just play passive
    until then.
    Morph - If you have natural good laning control skills then this would be somewhat easy.
    Zeus - Last hit with your chain lightning and Nuke him now and then and he'd have to
    go back to base which gives you level advantage.

There is alot more but none that I can think of atm.

14. Kris

Kris Moderator

SF just make sure you hit him with razes when he tries to harass you. It's not a horrible match but viper has few horrible matches.

Zeus you basicaly sit back, nuke him, take creeps with arc and attack when possible.

Potm you can trade back and forth hits however you won't win lane unless an ally ganks or he makes a mistake (like tanking an arrow)

QoP you can win lane with bottle since he can't keep up with you and Scream is great to farm and harass with. Perce is also very good here.

If you are going to dismiss the possibility that he is gankable there really isn't much else to say.

15. jamal99

I see some good choices that you mentioned like Silencer, Brood or Tinker.
    But IMO, SF doesn't stand a chance against Viper unless he is much better player.

16. pipser

pipser Well-Known Member

Sniper :)
    Higher range, if he comes close; get him with sharpnel.
    If he last hits better, push with sharpnel and bottle + crow, nothing much he can do about it.

17. jamal99

He is not better player than me. Guy plays just Viper. I played 5 games against him and he was Viper all 5. Some other players who played against him before were making jokes about how he only plays Viper. And yes, I would own him if he was any of the heroes I listed. He is really not that good, just plays really aggressive.

I agree with these.

I don't agree with these except maybe a little for Zeus, because he can nuke him easily and lasthit with arc but he has no escape mechanism if Viper ults him.

18. 13BladesOfChao§

13BladesOfChao§ Well-Known Member

Another Orb of slow is Frost arrow which is Drow Ranger
    And Viper's Brother-alike Venomancer.

19. s.ops_Freak

s.ops_Freak Well-Known Member

I don't know how you could think SF doesn't stand a chance against Viper.... I thought the opposite, that Viper couldn't stand a chance vs SF.

20. ^Eternity^

^Eternity^ Well-Known Member

Apparition/Puck/SK(Sandstorm after lvl 3 and Viper wont get a creep even if its a pub.),Weaver(Bottle based)Shukuchi Geminate swarm Harass then rune for getting mana back.Viper will ragequit.,Visage,Medusa(With good Snake Spam),Clinkz more damage + windwalk...,Slark if you are the better player truely.

Windrunner

Take powershot shackleshot and 1 lvl of windrun.Viper has lower Range and no nukes vs ur nukers + disable + escape skill if you are low hp.

Broodmother.Is this a joke?Ill probably take 2 towers by the time you are lvl 6...

Apparition: Bottle + Crow/Spam Cold feet whenever he comes in range Ulti kill him if he's low at 6.

Invoker.
    EMP drain him and then last hit without any problems.
    Get forge spirits and use them to orb walk attack Viper while you creep with more damage.If Viper focuses them then you kill him in 2-3 shots with your higher damage + armor reduction from spirits + a possible sunstrike...

Tinker
    Rush Bottle.Harass with laser whenever he comes near.He wont be able to orb walk effectively.Low hp use laser + Missile

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

Apparition/Puck/SK(Sandstorm after lvl 3 and Viper wont get a creep even if its a pub.),Weaver(Bottle based)Shukuchi Geminate swarm Harass then rune for getting mana back.Viper will ragequit.,Visage,Medusa(With good Snake Spam),Clinkz more damage + windwalk...,Slark if you are the better player truely.

Windrunner

Take powershot shackleshot and 1 lvl of windrun.Viper has lower Range and no nukes vs ur nukers + disable + escape skill if you are low hp.

Broodmother.Is this a joke?Ill probably take 2 towers by the time you are lvl 6...

Apparition: Bottle + Crow/Spam Cold feet whenever he comes in range Ulti kill him if he's low at 6.

Invoker.
    EMP drain him and then last hit without any problems.
    Get forge spirits and use them to orb walk attack Viper while you creep with more damage.If Viper focuses them then you kill him in 2-3 shots with your higher damage + armor reduction from spirits + a possible sunstrike...

Tinker
    Rush Bottle.Harass with laser whenever he comes near.He wont be able to orb walk effectively.Low hp use laser + Missile