How to counter VG.RAD Naga Siren??

Discussion in 'Game Strategy' started by Spartangold, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Spartangold

Spartangold Well-Known Member

Whenever the opponent picks hers its autowin once she farms radiance. I tried trilane Lich VS Axe vs Tide, Naga and it was going well because she had no farm and was keep getting ganked. In the end we still lost the game when she got radiance. How do we counter this hero???
  2. Black_Ice

Black_Ice Well-Known Member

3. Star_Saber

Star_Saber Banned

Yeah Medusa's 140~80s CD AOE purge totally counters Naga's 40s CD Mirror Image skill. You've heard it here first folks.

OT: you might try not letting Naga afkfarm a Relic in the first place, who knows it might work.
  4. Spartangold

Spartangold Well-Known Member

We weren't, early to mid game she racked up a total score of 0-7. It was into late game where we started to push towers and winning teamfights that the radiance was bought eventually at 45min mark.

Will QOP be a good counter?
  5. Black_Ice

Black_Ice Well-Known Member

So I'm guessing that medusa's snake and splitshot are totally worthless versus illusions. You've heard it here first folks.

OT: If you can't stop naga from farming that much, at least try to be decent and give the same farm to a more worthy carry.
  6. Star_Saber

Star_Saber Banned

Then that's your failure. Your team had all the advantage and momentum possible on your side yet you failed to finish off the game. You raped them hard early game, and later you let their carry afkfarm a Radiance and make a comeback. Can you do worse than this?

a Dota game is won by two things: ganking & pushing.

Doing only ONE of these things isn't likely to win you the game.
  7. EyeOfFire

EyeOfFire Well-Known Member

If that's the case, then it's your own carries that are failing. Without a replay, I'd probably guess that you had a team of all gankers/pushers and just didn't have a hard enough carry to beat Naga once the game got that late.

It doesn't matter how much you gank a lategame hero, if you leave it long enough they're eventually going to get some farm and become effective. So either end the game earlier or grab Medusa or a carry with cleave/bfury to deal with her. If she's that far behind (and getting a 45 minute radiance, which is fucking nothing) then there's no way you should be losing to her.
  8. jawawaQ

jawawaQ Well-Known Member

FYI: Siren is one of the best pushers in the game. I was laning with two fullHP towers. They left me so I manage to rax the two towers with ease. No not underestimate the speed and damage of x3 illusions.

Besides, its a strategy. Diversionary Tactics work if they can still carry the game,.
  9. Pwntlolz

Pwntlolz Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a replay of a 50 minute vg+radi absolutely destroying the enemy
  10. SavageRS

SavageRS Well-Known Member

Pipe is a decent counter to radiance.

Once i made a fast radiance whit sillabear and enemy got fast pipe and i was doing like 0 damage lulz.
  11. Pondrac

Pondrac Well-Known Member

This 45 min VG+Radi Naga sounds scary as fuck
  12. Deltaeon

Deltaeon Well-Known Member

Splash damage hard counters illusions,no? Kunkka and the like should rip illusions to shreds. Maybe even Legion? iirc Overwhelming odds insta-kills illusions.
  13. Creepyshadow

Creepyshadow Well-Known Member

I would assume her images deal almost no damage with that. However a Mjoinir carrier can make short work of that kind of strategy. Maybe 2 or more blade mails can work too. I'm guessing what happened is they picked you off one by one because your team work started to fall apart due to cockyness. See it a lot a team ahead by such and such kills suddenly find themselfs in unfavorable match ups where the opposing team slowly but surely eeks in enough farm to win the game.

TL;DR Just winning your lanes isn't always enough to win the game.
  14. fireblaze762

fireblaze762 Well-Known Member

I don't particularly see how midgame an underfarmed naga that went 45 min vg rad could be particularly threatening.

What is your axe doing? You picked an even more OP hero, and one that actually counteres naga pretty well. Hint: Call and you basically rip apart his team of images.
  15. Lycan

Lycan Administrator

end the game before she can make use of the radiance... you got a useless enemy hero for around 25 mins... and it takes her at least another 10-15 minutes to make herself usefull... with said items. However if she rushed diffusal... on the other hand you might have an fearsome naga.
  16. ZeroUnit

ZeroUnit Well-Known Member

go OD if you really want to fight her late game
  17. badmafa

badmafa Banned

Radi is a pretty weak Naga item.
  18. cokerp

cokerp Member

it must be a quick game. push all strat
  19. Kaiketsu

Kaiketsu Well-Known Member

Legion commander makes all kinds of illusion heroes useless when it comes to DPS, his skill automatically kills all illusions in the game. The only exception is CK's Phantasm but even they are almost dead after he used his spell on them :(
  20. Darkmeplez

Darkmeplez Well-Known Member

[nqb]Gank him and you'll be fine[/nqb]This, No more early Radiance.