How to configure drow's frost arrows?

Discussion in 'DotA Chat' started by minhniemouse, Jan 6, 2013.

1. minhniemouse

minhniemouse Active Member

Hey guys,
    Is there a way we can configure drow's frost arrows to ONLY hit enemy heroes? I mean when an urgent hit of frost arrows to an enemy hero is needed, I have to toggle frost arrows on to do so repeatedly, and as soon as you toggle it on, they already ran away or are not in range. And off for creeps, it gets quite annoying.

Thanks guys
  2. Nekros4442

Nekros4442 Well-Known Member

It's called orb walking. Look it up. And no theres nothing like that available atm.
  3. Y3H

Y3H Well-Known Member

1. Press Frost Arrow Hotkey
    2. Move cursor over enemy hero
    3. Left Click
    4. ???
    5. Prophet
  4. xdv

xdv Well-Known Member

Just leave it off all the time, when you want to attack enemy heroes manual cast it.

1) You won't draw creep aggro doing it this way and this is always helpful.

2) If there's movement involved (you're running away / chasing the enemy) you will want to orb-walk and animation cancel anyway. You need to click on the enemy, click to move, click on the enemy, click to move. The only difference is you need to hit Q in between - it's not more work.

3) If no movement is involved, then you don't want frost arrows active anyway, so you can use your lifesteal orb effect. Or you could just spam Q if you really wanted, it's not difficult, since you won't be doing anything else.
  5. BooBoox3

BooBoox3 Well-Known Member

you can use frost arrows (and other castable orb effects) by using it normally like any targettable spell. (clicking icon -> clicking target or pressing hotkey -> clicking target)

in dota2 at least.

in wc3 engine (dota1), you have to toggle it after you get lifesteal since it stops being castable.
  6. Killerhunt

Killerhunt Well-Known Member

guy wants the process to be automatic :" use frost arrows only when attacking a hero" talking about laziness
  7. RoflCat

RoflCat Well-Known Member

OP obviously have never make use of that 7 seconds of slow on Chen creep.
  8. XXXBigBoy

XXXBigBoy Well-Known Member

You can toggle frost arrows with alt + whatevathekeybindis in dota 2
  9. ~InsomniA

~InsomniA Well-Known Member

Yeah let's make drow even more of an easier powerhouse. Gtfo, people like you make me sick.
  10. minhniemouse

minhniemouse Active Member

Thanks for your reply guys, I do orb walk and I still haven't got a good answer. I realise that there's no way to do this. However the alt + Q definitely helps a little. Yes I'm quite lazy because each time when I'm killing an enemy with frost arrows I must brutally hammer the Q key and left click which I don't like doing.
  11. Nerubian Weaver

Nerubian Weaver Well-Known Member

Learn to toggle auto cast quickly.
  12. Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt Banned

im interested in this as well. if someone wants to sript this, just go ahead.
  13. Subway

Subway Well-Known Member

There you go
  14. Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt Banned

still too much work if you have to press a key. thats not what the OP and I am looking for which is moar like an auto active function as soon as a hero is the target.
  15. Subway

Subway Well-Known Member

pressing keys is part of the game! especially orb walking because of its benefits xD

you'll want to toggle it off to use lifesteal and another button will be waiting for you!
  16. BooBoox3

BooBoox3 Well-Known Member

There's a way, but since you think pressing a key is too much trouble, it's not what you're looking for either.
  17. Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt Banned

at this stage of a game, Id just have lifesteal on all the time and just try to stand my ground.
  18. SugaSutA

SugaSutA Well-Known Member

19. Bartlander

Bartlander Well-Known Member

There's no way to dynamically get information like that using Valve's scripting. All scripting commands are only relevant to input (rebinding, aliases, etc.), and those that aren't are hard-coded variables (screen flash when attacked, etc.). People waiting for a script for this should just learn to play.
  20. Typhox

Typhox Well-Known Member

You can manually cast it. It's usually better on Drow anyway because the slow has a fairly long duration and youre wasting mana by auto casting it.