How exactly do you play Krobelus?

Discussion in 'DotA Chat' started by static_sickness, Jul 13, 2012.

1. static_sickness

static_sickness Well-Known Member

Hey guys I was wondering.. how exactly do you play Krobelus? Just a quick skill build/item build/laning and roles.

2. ZeLover

ZeLover Well-Known Member

Like this...
  3. mrfatcat

mrfatcat Well-Known Member

I prefer to max swarm and passive, ulti when available, silence after that unless I need it to counter annoying caster heroes like Storm Spirit.
  4. CasualPubbie

CasualPubbie Well-Known Member

Skillbuild: CSwarm, Silence, CSwarm, Witchcraft, CSwarm, Witchcraft, CSwarm, Witchcraft, Witchcraft, Exorcism, Exorcism, Silence, Silence, Silence, Stats, Exorcism
    Item Build: Boots should be Phase Boots or STR Power Treads, her item build is normally like this: Boots > Vanguard > HoD > Bloodstone > Heart > Shivas
    Laning: Solo
    Roles: Pusher or Carry
    Exorcism does tons of damage but she needs to be in the middle of battle, that's why she builds tank items to Carry. Exorcism also damages towers, so if you can clear out the area of Creeps, then use Exorcism and they'll all focus on a single target.

Grats on 1000th post!
  5. WorkPants

WorkPants Well-Known Member

Krobelus is best played as a pusher/semi-carry. Solo'ing mid lane and getting a Bottle is recommended. You should generally focus on farming and pushing towers rather than ganking. Keep in mind that she is at her strongest mid game and work to end the game accordingly.

Skill Priority:
    Exorcism > Carrion Swarm > Witchcraft > Silence > Stats, one level of Silence at 2/4/8 is always an option.

Item Build:
    Start Ironwood Branches + regen, ferry Bottle first 600g, make Arcane Boots, work towards a Bloodstone (dissemble Arcane Boots to complete), carry TPs.

From this point, either make Phase Boots or Boots of Travels then start tanking up with whatever gear would suit your game best. Some personal suggestions include Ghost Scepter, Blade Mail, Hood of Defiance/Pipe of Insight, Shiva's Guard, Heart of Tarrasque and Scythe of Vyse.
  6. Ramza.Beoulve.

Ramza.Beoulve. Well-Known Member

I've never had as much luck with Bloodstone first. It's build up is slower than nabbing a Vanguard asap, but I found it makes a great second item. After that turn them boots in Travels, grab a hood/pipe if needed, and Shiva's. Generally after that you're really hard to kill, and if your team has half a brain and can keep you from getting completely focused, you auto-win team fights and pushes.

Ghost Scepter is amazing as well if you're up against someone like Ursa/PA.
  7. WorkPants

WorkPants Well-Known Member

Although I wouldn't call Vanguard a bad choice, I can't say I prefer it on Krobelus, or any ranged hero for that matter. The drop off in Damage Block from melee to ranged is too much imo.
  8. Ramza.Beoulve.

Ramza.Beoulve. Well-Known Member

^ Yeah I'm still torn about that, myself. I sometimes consider grabbing just the Vit booster first, but the regen is nice if I decide I can safely farm mid and use Soul Ring to harass whoever comes thinking they got easy farm.
  9. FleshTRNDstone

FleshTRNDstone Well-Known Member

Dagon/Guinsoo's/ForceStaff/Bloodstone/Mjollnir, Heart or Satanic/BoT.
  10. uhhrandall

uhhrandall Well-Known Member

Vanguard, Euls

Hood/Pipe, Necrominicon
  11. Diamond123

Diamond123 Well-Known Member

Bloodstone, then Shivas. Shiva's is aweseome for teamfights combined with the slow and your ultimate and you cank tank. And if they have too much invi stalkers, I always go Radiance.
  12. Dacaj

Dacaj Well-Known Member

Arcanes into Bloodstone, after that either Phase or Travels. Then either Eul's, Shiva, AC or Heart depending on lineup / opponents since items are always situational.. Vanguard isn't a good item on ranged heroes, but I suppose there are games when even it would be worth consideration..

Also one thing to mention, if you can't get a solo lane for whatever reason, Krob's not a good pick.
  13. Decke

Decke Well-Known Member

Not taking ulty at lvl 6 is a waste of potential. If you went mid, the opposing mid as soon as he gets level 6 he will probably go gank the side lanes, and will let you alone at mid to push his tower. Also I know lvl 1 exorcism doesn't give much spirits, but they are enough to help you push a tier 1.
  14. Noxonius

Noxonius Banned

Maxing crypt swarm along with 1 silence and witchcraft. Getting tranquil boots, wand and bloodstone, maybe drum.
  15. n33b

n33b Well-Known Member