How different types of essences affect the outcome

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by dexteretoy, Oct 31, 2012.

1. dexteretoy

dexteretoy Well-Known Member

It is said (by some elder sage or other) that the hatchlings are highly susceptible, and that each essence exerts a unique influence on the incubating creature. Is there method to this madness? Trial and error, and some comparison of results, will surely reveal the rules of Greevil husbandry.

this basically means that different essences will affect the outcome of the egg when it hatches, this is mainly a thread to try and gather information about the different possible outcomes and how to get them.
    first things first....

Each Egg has 9 slots for essences, don't be fooled by the appearance of 15 slots (the other 6 slots are just a visual indication of how the colors combine to generate green/orange/purple) :

3 red slots (Exort essence)
    3 Blue slots (Quas Essence)
    3 Yellow slots (Wex Essence)

Different Types of essences :
    Quas Essence
    Wex Essence
    Exort Essence
    Unusual Essence
    Strange Essence
    Subtle Essence
    Shadow Essence

WARNING : for those of you who are willing to experiment, DON'T use a shadow essence on an egg that already contains other types of essences, it will always convert into a dreaded egg (Black) no matter what, and your essences already put into the egg will be kinda useless, since you can just put a shadow essence into an empty egg to get the same result

Different Egg outcomes according to essences feeded:

The difference in level between courier types results in different animations for them.

Red Eggs : (Majority of Red Essences)
    Ferocious Egg (Red type 1) : TBD, Hatch outcome : Red Greevil Level 1
    Brutal Egg (Red type 2) : 2 Exort Essence, Hatch outcome : Red Greevil Level 2
    Merciless Egg (Red type 3) : 3 Exort Essence, Hatch outcome : Red Greevil Level 3

Yellow Eggs : (Majority of Yellow Essences)
    Anxious Egg (Yellow type 1) : TBD, Hatch outcome : Yellow Greevil Level 1
    Eager Egg (Yellow type 2) : 2 Wex Essence, Hatch outcome : Yellow Greevil Level 2
    Spirited Egg (Yellow type 3) : 3 Wex Essence, Hatch outcome : Yellow Greevil Level 3

Blue Eggs : (Majority of Blue Essences)

Stubborn Egg (Blue type 1) : TBD, Hatch outcome : Blue Greevil Level 1
    Resolute Egg (Blue type 2) : 2 Quas Essence, , Hatch outcome : Blue Greevil Level 2
    Determined Egg (Blue type 3) : 3 Quas Essence, Hatch outcome : Blue Greevil Level 3

Green Eggs : (Majority of Blue/Yellow Essences)

Covetous Egg (Green type 1) : 2 Quas/ 2 Wex, Hatch outcome : Green Greevil Level 2
    Greedy Egg (Green type 2) : 3 Quas/ 3 Wex, Hatch outcome : Green Greevil Level 3

Orange Eggs : (Majority of Red/Yellow Essences)

Ravenous Egg (Orange type 1) : 2 Exort / 2 Wex, Hatch outcome : Orange Greevil Level 2
    Voracious Egg (Orange type 2) : 3 Exort / 3 Wex, Hatch outcome : Orange Greevil Level 3

Purple Eggs : (Majority of Blue/Red Essences)

Cruel Egg (Purple type 1) : 2 Exort / 2 Quas, Hatch outcome : Purple Greevil Level 2
    Wicked Egg (Purple type 2) : 3 Exort / 3 Quas, Hatch outcome : Purple Greevil Level 3

White Eggs (Majority of Red/Yellow/Blue Essences)

Blessed Egg (White type 1) : 2 Quas/2 Wex/2 Exort, Hatch outcome : White Greevil Level 2
    Seraphic Egg (White type 2) : 3 Quas/3 Wex/ 3 Exort, Hatch outcome : White Greevil Level 3 (Source, Confirmed Thanks Treguard)

Black Eggs

Dreaded Egg (Black type 1) : 1 Shadow Essence, Hatch outcome : Black Greevil Level 0

Natural Eggs
    Imbued Egg (Natural type 1): 1 essence of any type except shadow OR All other combinations, Hatch outcome : Normal Greevil Level 1 (Naked)

SPECULATIONS : (Please confirm these or deny them if you got any proof)
    Unusual essence will not change the egg color or the outcome, but it might cause the courier to be unusual??

IF the speculation about unusual essence is correct, will strange essence cause the courier to be strange?

what exactly does the subtle essence do ?

Adding a shadow essence into an egg will always turn it into a dreaded egg no matter what type of essences you had before, or even if it was empty, and it prevents you from adding more essences (Source, Confirmed thanks shepherdlui.)

Eggs will hatch after the event is over, and not anytime before.

Egg outcomes will be Greevil Couriers, The Greevil will have a number of different parts ranging from Ears, Eyes, Hair, Horns, Nose, Tails, Teeth and Wings. He will also come in a range of different colours etc. The combination you get will be determined from whatever essences you feed your egg. (Source, Confirmed Thanks Cyborgmatt.)

lets try to make this post as informative as possible so people can get the most out of this event within its duration. (and try to get as many people contributing to this, the more input the faster this gets completed and confirmed)

Happy Diretide. :)

2. se7en_my

se7en_my New Member

Re: How different types of essences affect the out

ty for the info

3. Cappu

Cappu Well-Known Member

You dont have to do something with a dreaded egg anymore? Just wondering because i tried to do so much..

4. wildfire007

wildfire007 Member

Is this thing a pet or a courier?

5. erutsu

erutsu New Member

so how many essence do we need to feed to have the egg hatch after the event is over?

9? or based on the colours of greevil we want, eg: Voracious Egg (Orange type 2) : 3 Exort / 3 Wex, Hatch outcome : Orange Greevil Level 3

so will be either feed it with 3 exort or 3wex then i'll get orange greevil lv3?

6. midhyshin14

midhyshin14 New Member

I think to get orange lv 3 you need to feed both 3 wex n 3 exort

7. dexteretoy

yah based on the level you want

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

yah true !

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

we dont trully know until the halloween is done, but maybe its a courier since its an egg

8. andre2069

andre2069 Member

SO i already got a spirited egg (Spirited Egg (Yellow type 3) : 3 Wex Essence, Hatch outcome : Yellow Greevil Level 3)

That means i dont need to put any more essences on it?

9. stonypebbles

stonypebbles New Member

Do we need to put it in any order? Or can it be just the required essencez

10. Tbag.G

Tbag.G New Member

how to hatch it?

11. dexteretoy

not sure, try to do it in order

---------- Post added at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 AM ----------

it will automatically hatch after the event

---------- Post added at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 AM ----------

ya !

12. Stalgrim

Stalgrim Well-Known Member

Erm, ok I have a problem with this, I've never seen a strange or subtle essence.

When you add an unusual essence one of the colours has a white circle around it, so that must be how the colour is reached for the unusual part...

13. Silenttiger

Silenttiger New Member

I've placed Unusual essence has my last circle, no color came up. The egg just has a white glow around it now

14. Stalgrim

You can max that glow up to 3 times.

15. Legjendat

Legjendat Well-Known Member

So how are those essences gotten? I totally don't get this. I just have a white egg in my inventory.

16. PomeloBoy

PomeloBoy New Member

Credit your source please I saw this somewhere else before

17. Stalgrim

Has anyone EVEN SEEN one of the strange or subtle essences?

18. lubacos

lubacos New Member

was playing whole day yesterday, but no , i did not , and can you rly do 3 unusual essences on one egg?

19. Stalgrim

Yes, I have a White Egg and I added 3 unusual essences to it and each time it got another white layer around the outside of it.

20. SexyHotNinja

SexyHotNinja Member

Yep 3 unusual essences = 3 layers outside egg!
    Hope its somethign worth it!