How can i play dota in zoom mode?

Discussion in 'Advanced Mechanics' started by Camoka, Apr 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Camoka

Camoka New Member

i watched some replays with cmzm mode. and i liked zoom mode so much. it is easy to see whole area in this mode.

if host didn't select zoom mode, can i use it self?
  2. D-REZ

D-REZ Well-Known Member

Judging from this, no :(
  3. Magicmaster

Magicmaster Well-Known Member

4. SoletLuna

SoletLuna Moderator

5. Magicmaster

:D Well it works fine for me so far (~20 games, 0 drops)
    and it's a pretty neat tutorial
  6. D-REZ

D-REZ Well-Known Member

Were those 20 games Custom ones or ladder? :D
  7. Magicmaster

Ladder W3 bores the sh*t out of me. Dota is the only thing I play using W3 :)
  8. Ice-Climber

Ice-Climber Well-Known Member

this tool gives you way more than you should have. It is as unfair as maphaxx, XP haxx, or enable Gold trade haxx.
  9. Magicmaster

Which is your opinion and I accept it. However, according to me, since I have a 24" monitor, I don't really like to see only a huge models of everything, I want to see more of everything. That's it for me. Anyway, this is not a discussion about whether something is ok or not, it's morally gray zone, which is quite fine and I simply answered OP's question.

10. Myself

Myself Well-Known Member

If one wants to blind himself squinting at them tiny models why stop him?
  11. Magicmaster

Well I have to object, sir. I used to play on a 15" monitor, where the models were as tiny as they are now when I have them unzoomed :p
  12. Xmarksthegank

Xmarksthegank Well-Known Member

It's still a formidable advantage nevertheless. There is a reason why the increased amount of pixels won't increase your field of view.

If it's only for casual play (for which I wouldn't even recommend it either), it's somewhat ok in my eyes. Like friendly LANs and open publics. But anything above, you need to remember that it's just as legit as MH.
  13. Magicmaster

Since I'm a casual player, yes. I also programmed a macro tool, oh noes. In my eyes it's ok if someone has an advantage because he is good at something (in programming in particular, here).

Well, this has gone way too out of hand, someone should close it :)
  14. Kerean

Kerean Well-Known Member

Those who are not able will decry the advantage that those who are able have. They should look at themselves and wonder why they are not able, instead of being jealous of those who are able.

Personally I use a lot of macros and AHK myself, because I am able. Woe to those who are not able.
  15. Xmarksthegank

Xmarksthegank Well-Known Member

Gaming skill =/= coding skill.

If someone is able to create a motorbike and drive it, shall he take it into a cycling competition?

There are rules. You can't use a motorbike in a cycling competition, even if you built it yourself and are able to drive it.

Most leagues tend to also have rules. Macros, FoV-increasers, and other even more game-breaking third party tools are often banned. Only hotkey remapping is considered okay. Only things that are often allowed to script are hotkeys for autocast and hotkey for scoreboard (or binding hotkeys by location), and changing spell descriptions / names. That's it.

Just remember that these are the rules which apply to most tournaments, so if you are to do more than casual play, just keep that in mind. That's all.

This is not World of Macrocraft.

Though this is not mechanics.

The answer to the original question has been provided already.
  16. arisinhell

arisinhell Well-Known Member

The problem with wc3 zoom is huge on big screens imo.

My friend has a big screen but he can actually see LESS than me because warcraft does an auto mouse scroll and stuff is really messed up.

I for instance can't play on his screen and the only way is to use windowed mode...but then you also need a mouse capturer..

At least the view is fine then..

17. tech-ladan

tech-ladan Well-Known Member

from cp6uja:
    Any tools that change distance in wc3 is counted as MH and illegal to discuss!
  18. Lordshinjo

Lordshinjo Well-Known Member

Yup, closed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.