Heroes of Newerth

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Sup3RN0Va, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Illien

Illien Well-Known Member

I feel better about him now after seeing the spotlight than I did after the leak.

I REALLY dislike his model, but the skill animations look fine. Skill set also seems to be pretty interesting. Seems like a strong ganker, but wouldn't be too terrible as a support I think depending on the numbers.
  2. Glac1al

Glac1al Well-Known Member

Seems somewhat better than the recent releases imo, setting up ganks for someone like Devourer should be easy if you have a teammate with a stun, potent team and solo hero.
  3. suicide7

suicide7 Well-Known Member

3rd skill from blitz is dark seer run , right?

OMG , this thread is the most viewed and reply thread .

I love hon , that's why my profile use this avatar , any one know what is my ava?
  4. Eliphas

Eliphas Well-Known Member

Today my view on HoN community has hit the bottom. I was playing as scout with Monarch and I managed to hit a 5-kill streak in 10 minutes of gameplay and it got to the point the whole enemy team got to my lane to gank me (they were all in the same clan). Then Monarch complains about my last kill, on which I killed legio with my ultimate when he tried to towerhug, saying I stole it (!) even though he was nowhere near to get the last hit. Then 4 guys come into my lane and with the help of two teammates, we manage to kill one guy and lost one of our own to panda (which Revenant achieved by attacking panda point-blank). Somehow it ended up being my fault (!!) and shortly after hunting down a barely alive panda and killing it safely in the middle of two other guys, the team votekicks me (!!!) and ofc, the other team happily complies.

Seriously, there's no hope in this shit.
  5. Glac1al

I do, but you're just attention whoring or something which just doesn't cut.

Didn't check his spell whenever it ignores slows like ds's surge, cba to launch hon atm.
  6. Domenico

Domenico Moderator

This shit is so beyond me. I can't understand how it's possible to complain about "stealing" something, I can't understand people who think that it's better to lost 4v5 than admitting not being MVP of sorts...

Also I don't understand how it's worth it to play with random people, I myself played only one such game for years (it was my first game of DotA2, just wanted to try it out).
  7. Mayor Adam West

Mayor Adam West Well-Known Member

wonder if blitz and armadon would be a good bloodluster.
  8. Illien

Illien Well-Known Member

You forgot the golden rule of HoN: Blame orange/brown unless there's a scout, then you blame scout.

But seriously, the community is downright terrible, but that's pretty much the case for all games in this genre. Even LoL. Team games like this in pubs end up being who's the best individual player. If the team is winning, it's because of the best player, if it's losing, it's because of the worst player or whoever the scapegoat is that game.

The Dota2 community isn't as volatile right now because nothing is on the line. It's a beta, and people are trying to understand that there can be new players who don't know what they're doing playing this game. Past the super elitism in HoN beta from the DotA pubstars, it was like that as well in HoN beta. Then when retail comes out and MM actually 'means' something (ingame currency, records, whatever), that's when the beast will come out.

Nevertheless, I've had several games in Dota2 where people complain about ksing, even when i'm the carry and they're the support (and I even did the most damage). It's a bit annoying, but I've learned not to care. There are also those people who find it amusing to assert their 'superiority' winning in a MM when 1-2 people on my team have disconnected. Different game, same community it seems.

Also for HoN, you can use /ic to ignore chat if it really gets to that point.
  9. Glac1al

Couldn't agree more, played all the DotA's fruition and all of them have the same community, in pubs/ranked/mm people blame someone for ridiculous reasons, as if support was to save carry from death, he'll get flamed for feeding instead, if his lane was ganked once or twice in 4 minutes for a whole game and the ones blaming don't assist, they'll be blaming you for dying when their team is just wrecking the lane and they sit free farming like they're not at fault.
  10. Illien

Illien Well-Known Member

HoN forums have been upgraded.

Also, free 200 silver coins is being given to anyone who posts "I have read the forum changes post and linked documents. I am excited to be a part of the new and improved HoN community!" in this thread.
  11. Illien

Illien Well-Known Member

S2 has been upping their PR strats.

DivA for one has been posting a lot, and has his twitter 'leaking' all kinds of stuff.

Then, we have S2 Plays.
    Invited discussion on the F2P rotation system.
    Honniversary reward choice
    And a quick look at GD has several S2 posts in a lot of the threads.

Also a timely official response/manning up regarding the supposed blatant copy/alter/paste of one of their commissioned concept artists for the Valkyrie alt (old Aluna alt).

Not bad. Not bad.
  12. R.U.Sty

R.U.Sty Well-Known Member

fuck I thought you were an old post of mine.
  13. wesai

wesai Well-Known Member

ROFL same, until I saw the name. :rofl:
  14. suicide7

What S2 doing with this hero?
  15. Glac1al

Seems not too bad, I wonder what the numbers will be tho. More short-cooldown nukers, kinda forced synergy hero imo tho.
  16. oulay

oulay Well-Known Member

I have a question , Is hon a different game cuz it seems to be more like DotA??
  17. Glac1al

It's 'different game' with some of the copies and it's own exclusive changes to add comparing to dota. (no secret shop but regen items/wards in it etc.)
  18. hideinlight

hideinlight Well-Known Member

*Replace Battle.net with something way more superior that constantly evolves and has the most responsive netcode of the whole genre.
    *Copy DotA almost 1:1 up to 50 heroes.
    *Then completely do your own thing changing everything you don't like about DotA for nearly 2 years on a weekly basis.
    *Add 50 of your own unique heroes, and more alt avatars than anyone can ever acquire.

That's HoN.

DOTA2 is a copy of DotA like it was 2 years ago, with a few updates(which almost occurred yearly).
  19. Eliphas

Eliphas Well-Known Member

Turned Faceless Void/Chronos from a lategame monster into a pussy. Also, Madman isn't barely viable as a serious carry.
  20. suicide7

S2 say Heroes of Newerth is inspired from dota
    i think icefrog give permission to S2 to copy some heroes and detail map
    but now s2 try to make a different
    change some ability from dota heroes like keeper of forest and traxex or viper etc
    s2 change the map to be something different like at bottom river there are new way
    and in HoN no stuck at the trees not like dota .
    that's why dota not allow venge and butcher to use dagger because with it you can make player stuck at the trees
    some items is copy . But s2 try to make different , even not at all item .
    Like crystal item in dota , in hon it's can be upgrade by 4 times