Help on Phantom Assasin.

Discussion in 'Game Strategy' started by dragonccc, Mar 12, 2012.

1. dragonccc

dragonccc Well-Known Member

Since recent buffs on PA in 6.73/6.74 i wanted to give PA a shot.
    Need some help on item/skill builds. Thanks.
  2. Lanther

Lanther Well-Known Member

Here it is.
  3. dream_walker

dream_walker Well-Known Member

squishy carry with a crit as signature skill. intuition my friend lol
  4. dragonccc

Thanks Lanther.
  5. DucK-

DucK- Well-Known Member

I like Phase Aquila HotD BKB -> Basher

If you are getting babysit, then early BF/Midas is quite devastating.

Skill build wise, you max Dagger first. Get 1 point in Blur, then max Blink Strike next.

Alternatively, there is a Phase Vanguard Basher build.

I play all heroes solo mid. Sometimes if I'm against a heavy nuke team, I would go for Janggo, before building towards BKB. Cloak might be considered then. Stick is situational, almost never a need to upgrade to Wand.

Remember that you shouldn't play as a hard carry. You have quite good DPS potential early on with just Phase and Ulti, so you should abuse it and snowball. Only thing I hated about PA when I solo mid Pub is if there are too many nukers like Tinker. Forces me to rice a BKB first.

MKB is a good extension. Manta is decent, SnY if you need some HP too. I like Yasha alot on her, but I sort of dislike either extensions for PA :\
  6. dragonccc

^So i should focus less on farming? And a little more on ganking instead?
  7. Bruno167

Bruno167 Well-Known Member

Yes. If you're farming you will push past your prime.

Mort is the strongest when supports are still relatively weak. Early basher can be a very effective way of playing.

BFury builds are a truckload of failure.
  8. Yoyo Cream

Yoyo Cream Well-Known Member

Basher is good. Phase is good. BKB is a must. Armlet works too, so does Desolator. MoC is good on her too. Try to experiment different items, do not fear innovation. Heck, even Necro works very well. Be curious.
  9. Star_Saber

Star_Saber Banned

Phase & Manta are both equally stupid on PA. Armlet? Desolator?... gosh. I would take MoC at most.

if you wanna "innovate" then take my compact Vang + MoM + Basher. Not that crap you suggested.
  10. sh0kk

sh0kk Well-Known Member

Start with 2slippers 2 branches salvetangoes

4Wraiths (Yes 4 of them no matter you are doing good or bad) >> Treads >> HotD >> MKB/Basher >> BKB

Skill built is
    lv1 blink/blur
    lv2 dagger/blink
    lv3 dagger
    lv4 blur
    lv5 dagger
    lv6 ulti
    lv7 dagger
    lv8 blink++

4Wraiths are just the key to be successful as PA in serious games.
  11. ExpertMarksman

ExpertMarksman Well-Known Member

treads, hotd, rapier on games where your teammates are owning. It will be fun to see people chasing after your divine
  12. s.ops_Freak

s.ops_Freak Well-Known Member

Max Dagger ASAP
    Max Blink
    Take Ult whenever possible
    Max Blurr afterwards

Ring of Aquila
    HotD -> Satanic
    Battlefury -> Divine
    Basher -> Upgraded
    BKB or Heart of Tarrasque if Magic Immunity isn't required

You usually want to stack some creeps with a Dominated Creep. It's simple, make the dominated creep get creep aggro at min x:52 and then walk away. The camp will stack in which you can get alot of gold afterwards.
  13. 300thecat

300thecat Well-Known Member

Get a roamer in your team. Solo mid. Get one level of Blur, one on Blink, max dagger. Farm a PMS --> RoH --> Perseverance --> Phase --> Battlefury and BKB afterwards.
  14. SirIsaacNewton

SirIsaacNewton Well-Known Member

PMS, Aquila, Phase as core.
    HotD and Basher afterwards
    BKB afterwards.
    Finish with MKB.

Alternatively, if your early game somewhat failed, a janggo is never bad.

You should't go playing a rice for 40 min type of game for several reason.

Her mid game is quite strong due to really good chasing abilities and laning skills.

Her late game is strong, but nothing special. She is not a guarantee victory unless enemy team is severely underfarmed.
  15. azurile

azurile Well-Known Member

phase->moc/aquilla->bash->bkb->finish abyssal/bfury if you're hard pressed at defending or want to push faster.

as long as you avoid certain items(all the caster ones, bfly, buriza) you'll be fine.

mostly what the others are saying except at level 6 i tend to have 1blur3dagger2blink. taking ult at 10-11.

she's actually pretty good at early ganks, as long as she isn't on the receiving end.
  16. FightFate

FightFate Banned

I don't care how your skill build goes but whatever you do don't pick up your ultimate at 6, it's not as useful as the other skills.

Item build is pretty straightforward in my opinion.

QB, 2x Branch, Salve, Tango -> Treads, Magic Stick, PMS, BFury -> Multiple Rapiers
  17. Guardian AngeL

Guardian AngeL Well-Known Member

I don't why phase form needed her. Hasn't she already good chasing skills?
  18. 300thecat

300thecat Well-Known Member

^Because of Phase. You chase well, but things get in your way. Simple as that.

PT or Phase Boots, totally up the you.
  19. Bruno167

Bruno167 Well-Known Member

You get phase for +24 damage which means better laning and some killing power early on.

If you really want that shitty BFury build, there's no reason not to get treads. I don't know why would anybody want to play it that way though.
  20. Omarr

Omarr Well-Known Member

Skill build :
    max blink then blur . ulty if you can
    Items :
    PT or Phase .
    Upgarde your basher (abyssal )