Grats Wings!

Discussion in 'Competitive Chat' started by RandomFlamer, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Hyperion1O1

Hyperion1O1 Well-Known Member

Million dollar bashes from Shadow

2. Jolk

Jolk Well-Known Member

TI west-east winner change is real

made me laugh :D

3. RandomFlamer

RandomFlamer Well-Known Member

DC vs Wings game 2 was the closest one. Game 4 was a DC throw while game 3 was wings going ape with a void.

4. Mr. BoB

Mr. BoB Well-Known Member

Poor Misery. He really out done himself this year though; from a tier 3 pro to tier 1.
    Good for him I guess.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  5. RandomFlamer

Same thing with Fear, just because these guys are "old" doesn't mean they cant play great dota.

Well except for Loda

6. EdwardNortrom

EdwardNortrom Well-Known Member

I think that he's a tier1 because he's actually the drafter now and his drafts are solid af. He still feeds though ingame

And fear is a monster tbh (that aegis snatch as sven was so cash)

7. justsightseeing

justsightseeing Well-Known Member

wut why? i watch Wings DC last game and IMO, its not slark echo sabre problem .

8. IHateLeavers

IHateLeavers Well-Known Member

Wings played a lot more consistent so they deserve the victory. DC was doing a lot of risky plays, often solo. For example in the last game they would often focus Axe like a total newbes. I meant, if they at least had the Blade mail it could work, because Axe would kill himself with the spin dmg.

Also DC shouldnt ban Traxex so much, they could bait Wings to pick it and then get Axe/Slark and just rape Wings with early game aggression.

9. iLag

iLag Well-Known Member

boring games tbh.

or maybe dota has just lost the magic for me and it is time to move on from gaming in general other than sport type games with friends

10. Siraraz.

Siraraz. Well-Known Member

No defining moment like TI2 and TI3. RIP.

11. Eli_Green

Eli_Green Well-Known Member

EU wins > wew best TI ever
    NA wins > USA USA USA
    CN wins > boring games ded game etc

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

12. Nokiya

Nokiya Well-Known Member

Yea, EG getting 3rd place again. Quite close I agree
    Definitely the most consistent team in both results and roster, at TIs at least

Well, this time we had European vs Chinese in the finals, and as tradition, East wins on even years.

Let's see if tradition continues next year, or Chinese can break the curse

13. Nicolas_Cage

Nicolas_Cage Well-Known Member

DC is NA.

14. the jug

the jug Well-Known Member

Finals were a little boring, but game 1 was very entertaining for me. It's fun to see teams do stuff outside of the tournament meta. Should have kept on that path the whole series. Play it like a pub and mix it up a bit. Surprise the other team with a dual lane combo that wrecks. Skywrath did work in the first game.

Why did W33 and Resolution swap heroes in the 4th game? That didn't make any sense.

15. RandomFlamer

Maybe because w33's Mirana was shit and they still wanted this OP hero. Reminded me of TI 4's Vici who after getting figured out and destroyed kept picking the same crap cause they had no other strategies left.

End result was Mirana beaten 3 times and Timbersaw beaten 2 times.

16. GoD_Tyr

GoD_Tyr Well-Known Member

Totally deserved win for Wings - also 2nd place for relatively new team such as DC is is huge success!

17. HyP-

HyP- Well-Known Member

Exactly, they tilted just like VG in TI4, Mirana isn't that OP, should've given w33 voker to play atleast one game.

Overall wings deserved this title the most, so boring or no boring (TI4 and TI5 grand finals were also kind boring) they are the legit champions and there's no excuse for their success.

18. Anti-Xenophobe

Anti-Xenophobe Well-Known Member

Apparently because they knew Slark would get rekt by Axe in the lane, so they put Slark mid
    But then again making them swap heroes obviously gives away which lanes they're going to, which makes it redundant. Couldn't they just switch computers?

19. Equivocal

Equivocal Well-Known Member

Pretty happy about the results, wings was one of my favorites anyway.

20. F.E.A.R.0

F.E.A.R.0 Well-Known Member

Wanted DC but I still knew that Wings would win anyway.

And why isn't Wings on the news because they won first place? Or right because it's not a murican team.