"God Is Dead" - A simple debate about life

Discussion in 'Debate Forum' started by Ryugo, Sep 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwoHourMotel

TwoHourMotel Well-Known Member

No, truth is not dependent on whether you're aware of it or not.

2. JamesDruid0806

JamesDruid0806 Well-Known Member

There's is always a truth but it can be interpreted differently by beings
    Well as I stated evidence can be faked.

3. TwoHourMotel

You're not getting it though. If you believe the evidence to be fake, you have to prove that it's fake. If you go through life assuming everything people tell you is lies, and everything they use as evidence is fake then you're not gonna go anywhere.

4. JamesDruid0806

I'm saying that nothing is certain since evidence can be faked by proof(as you said). I'm not trying to say that evidences are fake.

And what I'm trying to promote is that we should not believe things easily even those that are spitted out by the scientist. Coz how many times did the facts that the humans believe changed?

5. TwoHourMotel

Things can be certain. It is certain that tomorrow will be another day. It certain that I am posting this on the forum at this moment. It is certain that I am a white male. I can prove all of these to the satisfaction of most people. There is no point in faking evidence if what you're claiming is the truth.

If you're going to equivocate evidence for truth on the same level as faked evidence then you're being way too unfair.

There has been an overwhelming amount of real evidence in science as apposed to "faked" evidence. I'm going to trust what a scientist says over what a layman says any time of the day, because I trust in the scientist's knowledge and insight into the subject. The scientist might be wrong sure, but it is more likely that what he has to say is closer to the truth than a non scientist (assuming were talking about their field here).

6. JamesDruid0806

There are true evidences and there are fake ones. But the ones I'm talking about are the evidences we have which are uncertain ones. You cannot just say that it's true because people say it is.

Are you sure tomorrow is another day? What if you die tomorrow or the world changes the meaning of the word day? (though unlikely) Are you certain that you are really posting on the thread? What if your mind is tricking you to believe that you are when you are not?

And only to the satisfaction of the people but not to the satisfaction of truth

7. TwoHourMotel

Ok then you should make yourself clearer next time, because whenever I mentioned truth you say that there is fake evidence.

You're entering nihilism territory here. I'm going to live my life assuming that reality is real, and nature abides by the laws of physics.

The satisfaction of truth? You don't have to satisfy truth. Truth is truth. You satisfy people to convince them that you have sufficient evidence for something to be true.

8. Blarrg

Blarrg Well-Known Member

Heat death of the universe is probably depressing for you then.

That is not at all how it works. Your body is unconscious and your brain isn't keeping messages constantly updating time in your head, that is why it seems like it skips.

When you die you have no perception of anything so that is "basically" what it is.

9. TwoHourMotel

yeah, it's gonna happen pretty soon too, 10^100 years so basically a blink of an eye :cat:

10. Ryugo

Ryugo Well-Known Member

Posting to prove I am still reading, but... Yeah, that's a lot on off-topic.

Hm... I just think we wouldn't even have this kind of thread, to begin with...

But I don't mind, there are still people answering my question, which is already enough to make me comfortable.

11. Blarrg

Blarrg Well-Known Member

A long time of course, but still finite, which is what scares people who believe constant reincarnation.

12. JamesDruid0806

Fine then. :mellow:
    And the satisfaction stuff... It's pretty much an exaggeration.

Yeah and that's what I'm saying. Since you have no perception of anything then if there's an afterlife and soul(and we're gonna live again somewhere else) then after you die, you'll be born again somewhere after sometime and you'll not notice the passage of time(if for fact you even remember your past life)

Can you imagine not-existing? It's just impossible and that gives me the opinion that we'll re-exist somewhere at some point of time again with new set of perception(you might not have eyes to see in your next life, ears to hear, etc.). I always see the soul as the cpu\processor of the computer. It's useless on it's own.

Anyway, We all know that there's a theory of multiverse and infinite universes

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  13. Ety

Ety Well-Known Member

It's the time it will take for the universe to reach a thermodynamic equilibrium, when even black holes evaporate. The universe won't be able to sustain any form of life long, long before that.

Literally anything is possible if given an infinite amount of time, including a new universe popping out of existence due to quantum fluctuations or quantum tunneling. There's also the Poincaré recurrence theorem which states certain systems will return to their initial state after a long, but finite time.

Universe is considered to be flat, but it's still expanding at an accelerating rate, meaning the amount of dark energy is constantly increasing. I don't see this happening forever though.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  14. JamesDruid0806

We still dunno where the black hole though carries the matter that it sucked. All we can do is speculate.

Well right now, They haven't find anything that can stop dark energy from continually expanding the universe.

And, I believe the universe really existed forever. It just dies and goes rebirth again. I still dunno though the mechanism behind it.

15. kidlat020

kidlat020 Banned

For someone who's been hell bent over truth and faked evidence, you actually have the capacity to believe?

just so you know, belief is to take something as fact WITHOUT proof. Problem is, do you know the usual "lie many times and it'll be accepted as truth at some point."? are you even sure that your belief is not a product of vain repetitions?

16. Eutychius

Eutychius Moderator

Why would a scientist want to deceive you about evolution?

I mean, that's my problem with every conspiracy theory of this caliber. Someone throws a potential scenario, but he doesn't bother asking himself "why would anyone do that?"

Now, why would a scientist or the scientific community in general lie about evolution or any scientific theory? Is it like the world's biggest prank? What kind of motivation would someone have to pull theories out of his ass?

17. kidlat020

kidlat020 Banned

^ even if its a prank, many people will accept this lie because

18. CAFO

CAFO Well-Known Member

But not without reason. A belief without reason (or with a poor one) is just fantasy. I know it seems like a landslide of information at first, but you'll have to do your best not to escape from reality.

Look up to the skies and see.

19. TwoHourMotel

Belief without reason is called faith.

20. CAFO

CAFO Well-Known Member

Did you not get the reference?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.