Discussion in 'DotA Chat' started by Summit41, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Summit41

Summit41 Well-Known Member

Does anyone actually play DotA in Game Ranger? It looks like it has a few games open at all times but its never mentioned on these forums. Is there a reason for that?
  2. E02K

E02K Well-Known Member

tbh i tried it and it lagged as hell...
  3. Atilla

Atilla Well-Known Member

Never heard of it.
  4. BooBoox3

BooBoox3 Well-Known Member

I use it to play some fun games with my cousin who lives in another country when garena's "regional" patch, it made me unable play with him.

For casual dota though, it's quite hard since the population isn't that big and the users are scattered all over the world so you will experience some lag. It's very hard to set up a game where all the players are near your location.

We still use it to play some AvP2 multiplayer though x3
  5. RaidenStorms

RaidenStorms Banned

I have it but I rarely play there since most players seems to be on patch 1.24e and I can't be arsed to use WVS. However, you can easily hook up a game with friends, its more stable than Garena.
  6. Darmas

Darmas Well-Known Member

I play there with my friends for the lulz.
  7. Gray_Fox

Gray_Fox Well-Known Member

Tried it, some friends asked me to play on it. Total shit.
  8. ScottKevill

ScottKevill New Member

Lag depends only on who you're playing. GameRanger doesn't enforce region restrictions since it's designed for making it as easy as possible to play your friends, regardless of where they are.

(I'm the developer.)
  9. uchin4X

uchin4X Well-Known Member

10. Summit41

Summit41 Well-Known Member

Yea, thats what I liked about it I've found it much easier to find a game than when I first started playing in Garena
  11. Basiboq

Basiboq Well-Known Member

Wut is Game Ranger ? :)
  12. BooBoox3

BooBoox3 Well-Known Member

GameRanger - Supported Games

It's a decent platform(like garena) that supports a lot of games. Actually tons of games.
  13. RaidenStorms

RaidenStorms Banned

You're the developer? Really?
    Awesome, thanks for making the program with so many supported games. I'm using it often.