Forum Suggestions

Discussion in 'World News & Debates' started by Crysiz, Jul 17, 2009.

1. InreetII

InreetII Banned

Your text doesn't look sarcastic to me.

2. little_gizka

little_gizka Well-Known Member

He laid it on pretty thick, IMO.

3. P1louxxx

P1louxxx Well-Known Member

Please only post in here if you actually have a suggestion, from now on every post differing with this rule will be subject to deletion.

4. TwoHourMotel

TwoHourMotel Well-Known Member

Ok here's a suggestion, can we have a MOD approve new threads? It's tiring to see thread after thread of gay bashing or religion debates. This can deter people from posting topics in the news section, when they clearly belong in the debate section as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2013
  5. P1louxxx

I don't like the idea because if we go off for a couple of days it will make things harder to start.
    If it's about a news, it wouldn't be a news anymore 24 hours later :)

You can always report the threads you'd like moved to debate or merged together if they adress the same issue and I'll gladly proceed.

Things should run smoothly from now on, there isn't that big amount of threads per day in the subforum.

However if more people show enthusiasm toward your suggestion I might reconsider it.

6. little_gizka

I really like TwoHourMotel's suggestion. I feel that a lot of the threads created on this forum are more fit for Random Chat. If this was implemented, we'd see a decrease in gay bashing threads and one-liner threads.

7. P1louxxx

1) Do you think the benefit would be higher than having a non-reactive thread creation system?

2) Do you think it is better than closing/moving the Random Chat threads?

8. little_gizka

1) That's a great question. It would be very irritating to have to wait for threads to be published, and it may take longer than I'd be happy with.

2) If that was done, then no, I think simply closing/moving the threads would be better. :) It seems that this subforum has been getting more attention lately (thank goodness!).

9. P1louxxx

I'm here to provide a better experience, please report any unwanted thread in the future.

10. InreetII

InreetII Banned

No premoderation pls. Just move/close/merge/whatever.

11. P1louxxx

What do you call premoderation exactly?

12. InreetII

InreetII Banned

Thread approval.

13. TwoHourMotel

I know how to report a post, but how do you report a thread? Or do you just need to report OP's post?

14. DrFrank~

DrFrank~ Well-Known Member

I just wanted to ask that I occasionally go through discussions but I don't necessarily have anything to add, so should I refrain from posting in WND?

15. P1louxxx

report OP's post and precise why in the description, that should do.

A joke here and there isn't bad, a repeated smiley or a picture looks bad.

16. DrFrank~

DrFrank~ Well-Known Member

^ Thanks.

17. TwoHourMotel

Heres another suggestion, would it be possible for the debate sub-forum to show like the last three threads updated or something instead of only one when you're on the main wn&d page? I can photoshop it if you don't understand what I mean.

18. KingMurdoc

KingMurdoc Well-Known Member

TBH I don't think this forum is quite active enough to justify the debate subforum.

19. P1louxxx

EDIT: Not possible.

While I agree with the low activity I do appreciate the classification between News and Debates.

If Debate forum has to go I will leave the ultimate decision to Crysiz as he's the one who started this subsection.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  20. GuriPSYCO

GuriPSYCO Well-Known Member

I was re-reading the debate rules and I noticed that bad grammar, punctuation and other things related are actually against the rules. Considering that a lot of people in PD don't have a good grammar for whatever reason they may have, shouldn't this rule be removed? Because it would be really awful to see someone getting a warning or infraction for having a bad English. Can you change it?