Discussion in 'Advanced Mechanics' started by Yoshi-, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Yoshi-

Yoshi- Banned

Is it still hp removal?
  2. MauranKilom

MauranKilom Well-Known Member

It is. But it checks for the 'Bcyc' and the 'Bcy2' buffs (they are applied to a cycloned unit), and won't change the HP if the unit is affected by one of them.

And i just noticed, technically EMP has nothing to prevent the known 0.405 HP suicide bug.
    [jass] if GetUnitState(GetEnumUnit(),UNIT_STATE_LIFE)>loc_real02 then
    call SetUnitState(GetEnumUnit(),UNIT_STATE_LIFE,GetUnitState(GetEnumUnit(),UNIT_STATE_LIFE)-loc_real02)[/jass]
    If the unit has e.g. 100.2 HP and EMP removes 100 HP (loc_real02=100) the unit will be left with 0.2 HP which is "dead" according to the wc3 engine (units with HP<0.405 are considered dead). Since the death wasn't caused by any form of damage, the kill would be given to noone and the unit would've committed suicide. Yet I haven't seen that happen (and AM saw more strange things already...); I assume that "bug" wasn't introduced in this version.
  3. crinckle

crinckle Well-Known Member

That means it will still affect a unit which is invulnerable through other means?
  4. MauranKilom

Yes. It will however ignore magic immune units.
  5. lezley

lezley Well-Known Member

The coding (except for tornado interaction of course) is the same for 6.72 so the "bug" wasn't introduced in this version.
  6. MauranKilom

Yeah, i checked that later and didn't think of going back to this thread cos i was mailing icefrog.
  7. chukky-jr

chukky-jr Well-Known Member

quick question, Bcyc and Bcy2 are buffs for Tornado and Eul? or is it only used on Tornado?
  8. MauranKilom

Oddly enough, Cyclone (the base ability) always places two buffs. I haven't been able to distinguish them.
    I tested this once because i wanted a tornadoed unit without the invulnerability, but removing either buff ends the tornado (iirc).
  9. MauranKilom