Elevate the Fountain Area

Discussion in 'DotA Chat' started by Urien, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Urien

Urien Well-Known Member

I personally understand the rules of war, and sometimes it isn't enough to win, but your opponent has to lose too.

But there is something inherently unsportsman-like of the winning team extending the game longer than it should so they can score a few more kills at the enemy fountain, picking off the enemy heroes one by one like fish in a barrel.

But like I said, I can't say that this behavior is wrong because this is war after all.

But what I can say that it would be great if the fountain area of each team are elevated a level to give their respective team a vision advantage, while also making it more difficult for the enemy team to engage in this "rape their women and children" behavior.
  2. Somtom

Somtom Well-Known Member

isee what you mean,but i think its just part of the game.
    that shit has always been in dota, and i personally just alt-tab out of the game when it happens to me.
  3. Healing_Salve

Healing_Salve Well-Known Member

This would revolutionize the world of post-megacreeps comebacks
  4. Kraetyz

Kraetyz Well-Known Member

Because games are famous for their inability to be changed. Yes, makes perfect sense.

OP, that is just about the only good suggestion to stop fountain farming I've ever seen. +1
  5. Shibububu

Shibububu Well-Known Member

You know what? This idea is actually good! Make it happen Volvo.
  6. HamsterXD

HamsterXD Well-Known Member

Why have I never thought of this ._. That being said, its a good way to prevent fountain farming and I dont think it actually affects much unless you dive into the enemy base like a retard trying to last hit, which you have no one to blame but yourself.

T-UP OP
  7. GodlyKha

GodlyKha Well-Known Member

Honestly not a bad idea. wouldn't make much of an impact on fountain farming though, even with observer wards being unplaceable
  8. Somtom

Somtom Well-Known Member

i meant that as in "part of the fun"sorry for my bad choice of words.
    just like there shouldnt be a concede function imo
  9. BlizziC

BlizziC Well-Known Member

Fountain camping is pretty much slapping your dick all over your opponent after knockout in a boxing match. Sounds fun to be the guy lying on the ground, doesn't it?
  10. Healing_Salve

Sounds fun to be the guy on top
    I love these comparisons where being physically slapped by a winner's sweaty genitalia is comparable to dying in a videogame
  11. Rickaby

Rickaby Well-Known Member

I support this idea. Maybe fountain campers would prefer to end the game instead of stroking their penises for a few couple of minutes.
  12. Klarion

Klarion Well-Known Member

The OP has an excellent point. In many games I've actually been the bigger player and just asked my team or gone to the Ancient myself to end the game.

It's really unfair. It happens every 1 in 3 games where my or the other team prefers to fountain farm instead of ending the game. Happens very often with teams who have extended reach in the fountain (sniper, witch doctor or lich) or with teams who once hit the 50 minute mark have enough HP to farm all the carries and still live.

There either needs to be a bigger punishment for entering the fountain by the opposite team, or a higher mana/hp regen rate. That or a much more defensive structure that doesn't allow people in with far reach.
  13. YouAreDead

YouAreDead Well-Known Member

Heroes that are in the fountain area for more than 8 seconds, get invulnerable.
  14. Sven2k

Sven2k Moderator

Really nice suggestion, definite T-up.

However this thread belongs in suggestions section, please post suggestions there and not here.
  15. damN_Grave

damN_Grave Well-Known Member

Either OP or this. T-up
  16. Urien

Urien Well-Known Member

The reason I didn't post it in suggestions is I wasn't sure which forum covers "terrain". I could've posted in the Others forum but it felt more aimed at DotA 1.

I also wanted to inspire a moral discussion on whether fountain farming is ok or not.

I'm glad a lot of people agree, because while fountain farming is not wrong, it is in poor taste and almost dishonorable.

That works too. But the invulnerability should break if you attack or cast a spell.
  17. BlizziC

The game is already over when the enemy starts fountain camping. It's one sided to the point where you realistically can't lose.

Just as if boxers would've slapped their dicks on each other, it's only to humiliate the loser.
  18. ashwinthegrim

ashwinthegrim Well-Known Member

Great idea.. Definitely T-up..

This would be awesome for pubs where there is always a retarded sniper standing outside the fountain with his mask of madness desolator butterfly mjollnir..
  19. Healing_Salve

No, it's not "just as if", you're comparing physical private space invasion and sexual harassment to death in a videogame
    If you want to compare it to a real sport it's like a marathon runner still doing laps after they've won, which, while I'm not familiar with the sport, I believe is something a lot of people actually do
  20. BlizziC

I was assuming that you understood that the idea behind both actions is very similar.