Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by hideinlight, Feb 6, 2011.

1. GoD_Tyr

GoD_Tyr Well-Known Member

Rogues, they are naturally resistant to poisons and diseases and can breathe underwater. They make decent warriors as well (due to natural resistances which saves them from alot of trouble). Hell, I have seen plenty of Argonian mages in game as well!
  2. nix

nix Well-Known Member

Argonians start out as great thieves, but their active ability makes them incredibly tanky.
  3. Plunkie.

Plunkie. Well-Known Member

4. Nicolback

Nicolback Well-Known Member

Just got my Skyrim copy (too late I know) but anyways I started out as a Redguard which I mainly focus on melee stuff. Though I dunno which should I choose between Light and Heavy armor/weapons.
  5. Glac1al

Glac1al Well-Known Member

I'd say light if you think you'll be more into stealth, heavy if barge in.

In my first play I was running somewhat ranger-battle-mage which in the end was quite squishy even with HP level ups.
  6. Melderv

Melderv Well-Known Member

Wow that was a great vid.

I keep modding these games with realistic lighting. I did play through the game once without any mods so adding stuff just adds a ton of replayability.

Can't believe AMD's integrated Radeon HD Graphics at 512MB DDR3 can handle it, though.
  7. Nicolback

Tried to be a High Elf mage with a lot of points in destruction while still considering other options such as restoration and alteration.

Hmm, maybe getting it all is not too bad.
  8. Glac1al

^I thought of trying something like that, conjuration makes it less complicated as well I guess and I'm thinking about skipping this tree.
  9. Dalailama

Dalailama Well-Known Member

Well, right now I am doing a dual wield/alteration/restoration/illusion with no armor... I'll see how this works out on expert, I don't think I can even enjoy it if I die every 20 seconds on master. Also, getting NO health on lvlup.
  10. Nicolback

Seriously, the random monster spawns when you fast travel are hilarious and surprising. Once I traveled, I saw a dragon and a giant. Another time I saw another dragon flying directly overhead.

When traveling, the matchups you find are really funny. Bandits versus dragons, and also frost trolls versus soldiers.

This game is awesome.
  11. Glac1al

I pokerface when there are dragons out of fucking nowhere, I mean their corpses.
  12. DarkMessiah7

DarkMessiah7 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  13. oulay

oulay Well-Known Member

The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim is a steaky thread in playdota forums :D
  14. KamaSutra

KamaSutra Well-Known Member

So did anyone do the 'secret quest' in the college of winterhold ?
    a quest puzzle that doesn't even appear in your journal.

warning ! big spoiler ahead

there's a hand somewhere in the midden,
    and a book somewhere near it

you need to find rings (the book will help you with it), and put them on the hand,
    then a dremora appears that can point you to a treasure
    it's like a small puzzle, it was fun tho.
  15. Melderv

Melderv Well-Known Member

^ I'd like to but it just seems so vague to me. I wouldn't use a guide for Skyrim any day though.
  16. KamaSutra

KamaSutra Well-Known Member

i did it without a guide tbh
    it's not that hard
  17. Lithary

Lithary Well-Known Member

Yet another reason why I dislike Skyrim; so many design flaws.

I didn't touch Skyrim for about two months because game has more flaws Swiss cheese has holes and is boring (this is mostly because this is not a game, but a toy).
    But yeah, I know everyone will defend it because it's pretty. >_>
    Only reason why I'm glad I bought this game is because of CK.
    Still, as release date of Diablo 3 is getting closer (a much better RPG with much better Collector's Edition which is actually worth buying, unlike Skyrim's), I think that even CK will join Skyrim.
  18. nix

nix Well-Known Member

I know right?
    Tanky thief? Design flaw.

I also bought it, played it for 200 hours, then got bored with it. What a terrible game.
  19. BattledOne

BattledOne Well-Known Member

Nix we get it. You're a scroll fetish kind of guy but stop trying to change our view of this fetish.
  20. Nicolback

When I was playing this, a body of a character I'm following during a rebellion, randomly spawned in front of me, and happened again another time.

Shit is too random, especially seeing a fucking dragon fight a fucking mudcrab.