Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by hideinlight, Feb 6, 2011.

1. hideinlight

hideinlight Well-Known Member

Gotta check this out lol
    YouTube - Skyrim

Still a long wait though, damn...
  2. MeTaL GuArD

MeTaL GuArD Well-Known Member

I think I'm going to wait for it too. I enjoyed Morrowind and Oblivion quite a bit(especially Oblivion).
  3. Valorian

Valorian Forum Manager

I'll wait for the reviews before putting my money down
  4. Lithary

Lithary Well-Known Member

No, nooo, NOOOOOO!
    Why do you think why I didn't make thread for new sequel of mine favorite game series?
    Because now I'll have to think about it every day until it gets out. :X:
    Time will never pass for me now (kinda feel like Faceless Void :p:)!
    Anyway, I really can't wait for Skyrim to get out.
    I think I'll buy 3 copies of the game.
    One for playing, one for holding as a trophy and one to rub it in faces of my friends. :D
    I really enjoyed Oblivion and especially Morrowind (witch is my favorite game evarz).
    Arena and Daggerfall are cool too, but are kinda too old so I doubt that anyone will find them playable anymore.
    Still, all sweet games.
    I just hope they don't disappoint me now. ^^
    Oh, and I hope that they will finally give a proper buff to Hand-to-Hand skill so I can make my martial artist I've always wanted. :p:
    Also, they should try to include magic skills of 'rain' type and 'chain' type (ie. Rain of Fire and Chain Lighting) so mage players can enjoy them more.
    Also, they should return some skills like Axe, Enchantment, Unarmored (this one also being a must for my marital artist :D) and could make some really cool spell warriors.
    For example, if you have Destruction, Enchantment and Blade skill high enough, you can set you sword on fire that will give certain bonuses. :D
    And for crying out loud, return Absorb skills to Mysticism and make that Telekinesis ability possible to use in battle!
    Pushing and pulling enemies is something very simple yet very effective and satisfying.
    One day, I'll make full list of things that could be improved in TES series and send it to Bethesda Softworks.
    They do awesome job with TES, but make little improvements with gameplay.
    Yes, they will tell me to foad, but hey, at least I won't be able to say that I didn't try.
    Ok, kinda getting too off topic here.
    Over and out. :p:

P.S. - Funny video there. :lol:
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  5. Nicolback

Nicolback Well-Known Member

Man, after playing Oblivion, I'm definitely going to wait for this!
  6. GoD_Tyr

GoD_Tyr Well-Known Member

I can`t wait for the game. It will be awesome as I saw on the internet articles. Overhauled combat, brand new engine. All in all, it will be played and at least, good stuff to spend some hours on.
  7. Rivirland

Rivirland Well-Known Member

Oblivion was one of the best games I've ever played, I'm so gonna buy Skyrim :D
  8. Adun

Adun Well-Known Member

I never got to finish Oblivion since our PC got a fatal virus when I was 11, but I've played enough to know that Skyrim's gonna be awesome.
  9. Domenico

Domenico Moderator

I wish devs will have enough time to fix up some bugs and abuses. Well, having some is ok in such a huge game, kinda traditional since Buggerfall; nevertheless, things like this are hillarious:

Morrowind speedrun in about 4 minutes.
  10. мusịĸ

мusịĸ Well-Known Member

11. Banned

Banned Banned

In Skyrim, quest givers will behave in ways that reflect the player’s history and path through the game. For instance, a quest giver that likes your character will go into greater detail about the player’s mission, and even help lead them to the location. If the NPC has a reason to dislike the player’s character, then they will be much more vague in their descriptions. The rewards of a quest won’t be as artificially presented as they have been in the past, and players may not find out how much they’ll receive until after the quest has been completed to the quest giver’s satisfaction.

I will so enjoy oblivion lovers QQ when they're not used to exploring like morrowind fags,
  12. Lithary

Morrowind had much better sound effects than Oblivion.

I personally think that Oblivion is poor game because exploration and adventure aspect was taken away.
    Both fast travel and pointer on compass ruined it.
    Without those two (or even better, if there were alternatives) game would be waaaaay better.
    I hope they don't make same mistake twice.
    They should implement Morrowind+Daggerfall-like traveling system, but have an [note=You can turn it on/off in options menu.]option[/note] of simply teleportfast travel where you want just like in Oblivion.
    Similar with pointer on compass; make quest givers give better and more detailed information and directions about the quest for people who wish to play game properly, and for those two don't they can simply turn on pointer on compass in options menu to show them where should they go.

Also, I wish that they improve variety of areal creatures (maybe add some gryphons also; only dragons will make it boring and repetitive actually >_>), but my biggest wish is that they improve aquatic creatures and water battles!
    Imagine fighting giant sea serpents and Leviathan/Kraken-like creatures while sailing on a ship, and then get ambushed by a pirate gang afterwards. :happy:
  13. rockwellumrocks

rockwellumrocks Well-Known Member

Oh man I'm so psyched for this freaking game! Problem is, I don't know the PC requirements for it, so no preordering for me.

Does anyone think I can run it with these specs:

14. Rosemary

Rosemary Well-Known Member

I'm not super fluent in hardware and all that, but from what little I know your specs seem pretty adequate to run it on at least mediocre settings. I know I'll personally be getting a really big fucking upgrade for the game (and bf3). My current laptop has crap specs, and I look forward to being able to sink a few hundred into a nice desktop soon.
  15. Nicolback

Nicolback Well-Known Member

You got a quadcore, so I think it's okay on some medium settings.
  16. StraY_WolF

StraY_WolF Well-Known Member

Hey guys. Don't know you guys seen so I just post here.

Really excited for this game!
  17. Lithary

18. MyZahir

MyZahir Well-Known Member

19. GoD_Tyr

GoD_Tyr Well-Known Member

2-weapon fighting, you use different mouse buttons for different hands - simply wonderful idea. This game will rock socks for 5 years once it`s out, not counting the expansion.
  20. Yendor

Yendor Moderator

Or mods.