Drow feels really good right now

Discussion in 'Game Strategy' started by StrychIX, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicolas_Cage

Nicolas_Cage Well-Known Member

Because LoL followed that approach and their players are bleeding into Dota 2.

2. BornFromAGrave

BornFromAGrave Well-Known Member

To be fair, thats true for every hero. Drow needs less babysitting then others, but needs either a proper meatshield or guys who create space so she can rat.

3. enrico.swagolo

enrico.swagolo Well-Known Member

Last I checked, Lol is growing faster than ever, and their playerbase is two or three times bigger than DotA's.

But that's not even relevant because doto is balanced around pubs, as well. *cough* sniper, troll, jugg, axe*cough*

4. FightFightFight

FightFightFight Well-Known Member

i don't understand what are you trying to say. i only mentioned Lycan+Meepo as another example of pushing strat. if i wanted specifically to counterpick Drow, obviously i would rather have something simpler to pull off, like Axe+Abaddon, heroes who shit on her at every stage of the game and does not have eearly game weakness. but Drow is not as good to require worrying about counterpicking her. as long as your team isn't 5 hard carries, Drow is manageable.

Also, i have no idea why you think Drow+Dazzle/Oracle is strong. If Drow is dying, her ultimate is already disabled and living 5 seconds more does not accomplish anything. Agree on WD since the main thing Drow needs from supports is disable, to increase the time enemy spend in >400 range of her and her ult is not disabled. Dazzle and Oracle are way better with melee carries.

i only said this as a response to your "You don't judge each skill separately, you have to judge the whole package". there's no particular reason to consider Drow's regular skills absolutely better then Windrunner's ones in every situation.

you are not killing heroes 24/7. Clinkz with Medallion+Hex is more scary in teamfights then Drow of the same networth, just due to the ability to actually land his DPS. and he still have good farm speed when Strafe isn't up, due to arrows + pact.

see no reason too. unlike you i don't overvalue theoretical stat numbers over reliable DPS, which is more important

5. mrfokker

mrfokker Well-Known Member

Because then the game stops being "highly competitive" and alienates its own player base. I don't think it's a hard concept to grasp.

6. AeonChaos

AeonChaos New Member

7. enrico.swagolo

enrico.swagolo Well-Known Member

How does it alienate the player base? I don't give too many fucks about competitive because that's not what I play. I don't want my pub games to be ruined because of balance issues. Again, sniper, troll, jugg come to mind or people decrying the comeback patch. Those weren't major comp issues, though.

8. mrfokker

mrfokker Well-Known Member

It alienates the player base because there are plenty of other games which are superior in so many ways to dota, then only thing this game really has going for it over the competition is its competitiveness (and no, I am not talking just about pro games).

Buffing drow any further would "fix" her at that MMR where people are too good to get rekt by any right clicking hero but too awful to play as a team and play for objectives. And I don't want MY pub games ruined because of balance issues at lower brackets.

And spin to win+sniper WERE major competitive issues.

9. Lama051

Lama051 Moderator

You should as heroes use in competitive leak to pubs as well. For example I have not seen Shadow Demon for about half a year, suddenly SD picks everywhere.

10. fevgatos

fevgatos Well-Known Member

I'm trying to say that unlike Lycan / Meepo or what have you, Drow's early game is not atrociously bad. She can solo the safe lane and she has huge powerspikes at levels 6 and 11. By picking Lycan you are sacrificing your early game. By picking Drow you actually bolster it, quite a bit.

And that's wrong in every conceivable way. If you don't specifically counterpick Drow you are going to lose the game. 150%. Drow is a hero like Brood. Sure they got a lot of counters, but if you don't actually pick those counters, you lost.

Because she can use those 5 seconds to reposition herself. Dazzle / Oracle are good to save Drow in the offchance she gets initiated upon. They can keep her alive during the ccchain. Also, they are ranged supports with strong laning, which gets even stronger by the bonus damage Drow gives them. They can easily force the opposing offlaner out of lane.

Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. You are forgetting Drow's silence and her damage aura. But still, irrelevant. Drow's strength isn't the teamfights. It's pushing down your towers while giving 50 bonus damage to every single one of her allies 10minutes in while clinckz is still farming for his medallion.

For some weird reason you keep not getting it. Your team will be behind cause Drow gives a huge boon to her whole team during the laning stage. She has a huge powerspike at level 6 and she needs 0 items to achieve it. She can proceed getting 2-3 towers and leave you even further behind in gold.

11. AvrilLabigne

AvrilLabigne Well-Known Member

That's because playerbase is noob and can't weight heroes power.

12. Nicolas_Cage

Nicolas_Cage Well-Known Member

Didn't SD got a huge buff which make his illu last 14 secs instead of 8 before he was popular?
    Edit: yep.
    6.86: Illusion duration increased from 5/6/7/8 to 6/8/10/12.
    6.88: Illusion duration increased from 6/8/10/12 to 8/10/12/14.
    Damage increased along the line too.
    I used to play SD a lot when AM was massively popular and he was garbage back then.
    I mean holy shit he ONLY get buffs from 6.75 to 6.88.

13. FightFightFight

you don't need to specifically counterpick Drow because her strongest side is providing damage to ranged allies, so you'd logically want to counter them (huskar, SF and QoP has different counters, right?) while her other skills are nothing special.

and you for some weird reason aren't getting that losing outer towers isn't the end of the world. get counter-pushing heroes, drag the game to the point your hard carries outcarry Drow and her ranged friends. if you want extreme examples, Techies/Arc Warden, but just having multiple heroes with strong AoE works.

14. IHateLeavers

IHateLeavers Well-Known Member

Her aura only works if shes alive, so Necro with Aghs is pretty good against her later on.

15. JDF8

JDF8 Well-Known Member

this is really cute but she has 55% winrate in 4k-5k matches and is basically free wins

and not as a fucking support ROFL

16. FightFightFight

it's funny how the thread got "freezeed" after IHateLeavers' post and any further posts are deleted over and over again. i wonder why Kris/Lama does not close it, there's literally 6 pages of pointless flaming without any strategy value

scare tactic. Drow will hesitate to split push if there's Blink+Dagon+Aghs Necro walking around. Zet, Furi or Lycan does not have this issue as they can take towers without appearing in enemy vision

17. BornFromAGrave

BornFromAGrave Well-Known Member

Probably because ppl here are sick and tired of Yuis behaviour...

And you dont have to splitpush. Mjol/Agha is awesome for teamfights. Her Manta illusions hit quiet hard aswell so you can just send them to the toewr along with active Aura and some ranged creeps its still pretty good. Or you take a stack of wards with you.

If you ask me the biggest strenght and weakness is her flevible itembuild and resultin playstyle. When you go for teamfights with ppl to stupid to create a barrier its as pointless as play for splittpush without anyone who can make use of the aura so they play 4vs5.

18. IHateLeavers

IHateLeavers Well-Known Member

The point is that usually lineups are not based around single aura. This case is an exception and the reason why this shit hero get's picked. It's not Traxex who win the game, it's her team that carry her.

19. yui92

yui92 Well-Known Member

The post started with a deceiving "drow is good blablabla" and someone pointed out why the fuck it is not true.

"Oh i'm so sick of that behaviour".

No wonder why nothing good is coming out.

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

To be fair, the aura actually can win games, provided the enemy has brains incapable of understanding what "grants no bonus if there are enemy heroes in 400 AOE" means.

20. Teremus

Teremus Well-Known Member

What MMR do you play at?

GL engaging a drow @ 15minutes with a Dazzle/SD/Oracle, Tide Invoker etc...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.