Dota2 blurry since last update?

Discussion in 'DotA Chat' started by Kasma, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Kasma

Kasma Banned

Anyone else having this problem? It's all blurry and wierd looking after the recent update.
  2. Shadowlurker

Shadowlurker Banned

It's a common problem when you ingest alcohol before playing DotA. The solution? More alcohol.
  3. Yatterwan

Yatterwan Well-Known Member

There should be a slider in your video options, turn it up to 100% and it removes the blur.

edit: It's called "Render Quality"
  4. Yendor

Yendor Moderator

This was one of the patches that rever your graphics settings to medium. If you are used to play on high, it might seem strange to you. As suggested by yatterwan, just set them up to high again.
  5. MR-President

MR-President Well-Known Member

Tested and confirmed: set the Render level setting to maximum and the problem will be gone.
  6. Kasma

Kasma Banned

didn't work. Still looks blurry.
  7. Kasma

Kasma Banned

I take that back, everytime I set the render quality bar to 100% it always goes back down to like 80% at the start of the next game.
  8. Yendor

Yendor Moderator

Stupid question, but did you click on "apply"?
  9. Kasma

Kasma Banned

ya. It will go up to 100% then I'll start up a game, the game looks blurry again so I go into the settings and low and behold, it's down to around 80% again.
  10. Yendor

Yendor Moderator

Hmm... try to start the game and then (still ingame) change the settings.
    I'm just guessing, I don't have any clue whatsoever, as this never happened to me.
  11. takingyouroil

takingyouroil Well-Known Member

Also invoker is missing his head and some of his fancy finery...
  12. StraY_WolF

StraY_WolF Well-Known Member

set as default. If all else fail, restart steam.
  13. Gillyweeds

Gillyweeds Well-Known Member

It did this to me too. I would move render quality up to 100% and by the time I exited the options to go back in game, it would move back down to 80%. It eventually stopped on its own but idk why. It just took some repetition.
  14. Blarrg

Blarrg Well-Known Member

You have to restart DotA 2 if you change the advanced settings.

There is a big white note in the menu saying that.
  15. Orichalcum

Orichalcum Well-Known Member

isn't your resolution too low?

when you don't use the monitor's "default" resolution, it tends to blur the display, due to all the stretching.
  16. Yatterwan

Yatterwan Well-Known Member

No, the blur is based on the render quality in his situation.
  17. angrymark

angrymark Active Member

1. Render Quality
    2. Aspect Ratio
    3. Resolution
    4. Texture Quality
    5. Anti-aliasing
  18. mikrodizels

mikrodizels Well-Known Member

So the blur applies itself based on my PC specs? Or my PC performance?
    This problem accoured to me today, when i tried to steam dota 2. Before the stream, the game did not have any blur, but once i started steaming, it got really blurry.
  19. ithoran

ithoran Well-Known Member

If you can't see some textures (the heroes are purple etc) than go to library - right click on dota 2 - properties - local files - verify integrity of local game cache.

It will finish and if files are missing (probably) it will redownload them.
  20. Gillyweeds

Gillyweeds Well-Known Member

No, there isn't. The only setting that requires you to restart DotA 2 with respect to advanced settings is ambient creatures. If you look closer, only the settings with the symbol "*" require the reset.

It's not your computer, it's DotA 2. When you start streaming, check your render quality. For some reason, it keeps resetting to 80% for quite a few people.