Dota 2 Video Settings

Discussion in 'DotA Chat' started by pepe560, Jan 6, 2012.

1. pepe560

pepe560 Member

I can't select some options in the advanced tab of video settings, one of them being the texture quality, which would make a difference, I think. Does anyone know why? Or aren't the low-quality textures available to choose? It's very hard -almost impossible- to play with those FPS, (around 15-20 I think). My computer's specs are not SO bad, but not everyone has a good video card to play the game smoothly. I think it should be better optimized. Does anyone thinks the same or can help me?
  2. Jouten_X

Jouten_X Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's harsh, but if you want to change the texture settings, you have to go through the console.

The command for it is mat_picmip. The lower the number, the higher the quality. To give you an example, high quality configurations on TF2 has mat_picmip set to -10.

Although, in Dota 2 the range is limited from 0 to 2.

3. pepe560

pepe560 Member

I completely forgot about the console. Thanks, I'll try and tell you how it went :p
  4. zrs1337

zrs1337 Well-Known Member

Maybe learn to read....

5. l1k3m1k3

l1k3m1k3 Well-Known Member

Turn off v-sync.
  6. pepe560

pepe560 Member

notimplementedyetyoufuckinidiot.png ?

No need to get angry, it was only a question :)

I turned v-sync off already.
  7. alexaligh

alexaligh Well-Known Member

er i have a question , to play dota 2 smooth with 1280x720 res and high setting what kind of PC do you need ?
  8. jobzsinz

jobzsinz Well-Known Member

lol ive set mat_picmip to -10 and my fps improved
  9. DearGod212

DearGod212 Well-Known Member

very well
  10. jobzsinz

wait wtf... it got improved.. then i started a new game then its back to freaking 30..
    it was 40+ earlier
  11. karlpulanco

karlpulanco Well-Known Member

before the bounty hunter update I was at 60 fps with all of them on high, now it's 30. your best bet would be level down your video settings (remove shadows, texture details etc..) I got 50-60 fps tops when I level them all down, I just tested it though, 30fps still looks good on my 16:9 1920x1280 reso.
  12. Jouten_X

Jouten_X Well-Known Member

... The game won't allow for that unless cheats are enabled.
  13. jobzsinz

wait what O_O ?
  14. Noxonius

Noxonius Banned

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  15. B4ckst4b

B4ckst4b Well-Known Member

16. nerovergil

nerovergil Banned

how to enabled cheat?
  17. quze

quze Well-Known Member

Game optimizations is the last stage of development. So for now live with that.