Discussion in 'DotA Chat' started by danzeradota, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danzeradota

danzeradota Well-Known Member

so, at this momment.
    DotA 2 is down.

could anyone create a SERVER STATUS at ?

it would be good for all :)

See ya! :D
  2. samekind

samekind Well-Known Member

Afaik whole steam is down...
  3. Lord_Talron

Lord_Talron Well-Known Member

i escaped it! just finished my last game as it went down. it wouldnt let me disconnect from the game or reenter it :)
  4. nerovergil

nerovergil Banned

thats why i cant connect!
  5. pilz

pilz Well-Known Member

same :D Just got to the ending screen. I wondered why no battle points are shown, when I left I saw the whole offline thing.
  6. InvokerofTime

InvokerofTime Forum Manager

Yes, the whole of steam is down, if you go here you can see 0 people are on steam at the moment.
  7. sengkingher

sengkingher New Member

me too,,"no connection"
    is there any latest updates,approximately how long it should wait for the latest updates??thx
  8. Super-sheep

Super-sheep Banned

9. Mr. Burns

Mr. Burns Well-Known Member

Yep, whole steam down.
  10. Claire Farron

Claire Farron Banned

Steam staff need to rest also. So, they close the servers for awhile?
  11. samekind

samekind Well-Known Member

Biggest irony is that steam was getting into its peak hours and it broke down.
  12. Lord_Talron

gaben, what did we tell you about leaving your jelly donuts on top of the steam servers?
  13. beinbliss

beinbliss Well-Known Member

guys, don't anyone here notice how steam is more a problem than a solution? i mean game servers are OK, but when steam is down we cant play games, because we need to connect through steam... this is ridiculous how valve, such a big company can't think of redundant, high availability solutions...
  14. Lord_Talron

15. Claire Farron

Claire Farron Banned

If you loss your Dota 2 account, then you will cry hardly for Steam guard. :facepalm:
  16. Skaloon

Skaloon Banned

how many times that happened?

i bet yeah it's gonna be like 30 mins - 1h - and it's gonna be back up.

a little problem occurs and all of a sudden let's question the whole system as faulty
  17. Super-sheep

Super-sheep Banned

You do realize that then people could then mod their Steam that they could own every game without paying and play them offline? In fact theres already modified clients.
  18. kakaboo

kakaboo Well-Known Member

lol what r you talking about..

Steam down = game servers most likely to be down also so what difference does it make
  19. Lord_Talron

how well does your multigame online gaming platform run?
  20. KuroNeko

KuroNeko Moderator

It is nigh impossible for a server(s) to never crash. Shouldn't take more than a day to fix. So go busy yourself with something else in the meantime. Perhaps youtube, wc3 dota, or anything else you might have available.

Yes, it does seem like an eternity when you want to play, but the servers are screwed up (even the item server for tf2) but it will pass. Getting angry at he system wont do anything. They have their reasons for the current setup, ie anti hack, anti piracy stuff etc.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.