Dota 2 Offline Mode

Discussion in 'DotA Chat' started by arvic03, Nov 4, 2011.

1. arvic03

arvic03 Well-Known Member

Do you think Dota 2 will have LAN games? I mean Offline Mode where you don't need 100% internet. So you won't have much lags. And play with friends in internet cafes or home with many PCs.

Post your opinions below!
  2. Hero Hunter

Hero Hunter Well-Known Member

I agree with OP. It would be better to play with bots as well.
  3. TaalVitaal

TaalVitaal Active Member

Ofcourse sherlock... dota has offline tournys... would be stupid to stop that hm?
  4. Dota2Panda

Dota2Panda Well-Known Member

Hopefully yes.

I play TF2 with bots when the internet is down.
  5. platinkatil

platinkatil Well-Known Member

it is impossible i believe.
    because on your theory, the game will again (like wc3) be played on one's computer and it will lead to maphack..
    it should not!!
    On the new server system, only your personal/map info is sent to you. Not ohers'
  6. CynthiaCrescent

CynthiaCrescent Well-Known Member

I should slap you around.

EKSCKALEEBUUUUR Well-Known Member

WTF am i reading.
  8. Aprir

Aprir Well-Known Member

You can use server sided mode when you're connected to the server and client sided mode when you're playing at lan/single.
  9. Razer.Cyberias

Razer.Cyberias Graphics Crew

Of course there will be.
    Dota2 can't risk losing lan players and competitions, they make up the majority of the better players and competitions (at least in my country)
  10. mdnGreen

mdnGreen Well-Known Member

Starcraft II
  11. R.B.Economy

R.B.Economy Well-Known Member

Yes for offline mode. It's laggy as hell, for me.
  12. stealthfire

stealthfire Well-Known Member

its not about the risk, it's about what valve stands for. If they actually compromise the game just for those shitty reasons mentioned above, the Valve we know will cease to exist.
  13. Adun

Adun Well-Known Member

Valve ain't Blizzard.
  14. bobct

bobct Active Member

DotA without offline mode? No! not possible
  15. LostFlip

LostFlip Well-Known Member

I must say, owned.

And on topic: Maybe the first few months of Dota 2's real release, wont have bots, like TF2, it took them 3 years to have bots in the game, plus I bet offline mode won't be easy to use (if the game is pirated)
  16. danzeradota

danzeradota Well-Known Member

it's very good, cuz when the internet get down, you have another option to play. =)
    and some noobs can improve your skills.
    meet new heroes, new habilities and go ahead ^^
  17. NamDohtem

NamDohtem Well-Known Member

You can't play the game without internets. But would be good
  18. Arcitrix

Arcitrix Well-Known Member

Yes I agree, LAN is fun you know, if there are issues of maphack, then that will make them weaker or if not... be much more stronger due to map awareness, plus you can play against AI's to improve your skills more, in DotA2 only people who played longer will gain more experience.. other people cannot play it that easily..
    My opinion though..
  19. edg3

edg3 Member

There are already practice bots in DotA 2, it would just be a matter of them allowing it to be used offline if it isnt possible yet, and of course they will have LAN capabilities, but with piracy as it is enabling it now would shift people to doing what they did when the LAN cracked HoN came out and the guys played offline, found issues and such that were already fixed then complained about them, I would much prefer having the fully online fully up to date version without offline features till release.
  20. NoThlnG

NoThlnG Well-Known Member

Personally prefer having a LAN after going login purely for non-laggy game especially for tournaments (and, perhaps, bots)

Not rly fan of completely offline game.