Dota 2 Network Problem

Discussion in 'DotA Chat' started by JiFlat, Jun 11, 2012.

1. JiFlat

JiFlat New Member

I've been playing Dota 2 for 3 weeks already and I have this problem since I had Dota 2 on my PC. Every time I open Dota 2 on my desktop, my Dota 2 would stop on the main loading screen and display this message of Connecting to the Dota 2 Network. But I'm still able to play it if I open Dota 2 via steam client... no Connecting to the Dota 2 blah blah. It is just a hustle for me open the client and doing the same thing over and over again. Can someone help me fix the problem?

I've tried to put Dota 2 on the Firewall's exception list, but still no luck.:facepalm:
  2. Noxonius

Noxonius Banned

I don't understand your question, since the only way to play the game is via steam.
    Most the time the problem fixes after restarting steam, but if it's happening all the time to you, re-install the game.
  3. Inreet

Inreet Banned

4. ryuuketssu

ryuuketssu Active Member

This happens if the Dota shortcut on the desktop was made by you (i.e you went into the Dota folder and did the 'Right click --> Send to desktop' thing).

Try this : Go into Steam --> Games --> Right Click Dota --> Create Shortcut on desktop.

For some reason, when you create a shortcut for Dota from Windows explorer, it launches the game, but seems to ignore Steam.

5. JiFlat

JiFlat New Member

Thanks man! This fixed the Problem! hehe. :cool1:
  6. milos87popovic

milos87popovic Well-Known Member

I had the same problem when I started dota2 from "Stream" everything worked well.