Dota 2 needs concede/surrender/forfeit & vote kick

Discussion in 'DotA Chat' started by iLovecat, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iLovecat

iLovecat New Member

I still don't understand why developers of dota 2 don't want to include them in the game.

Here is what I expect from dota 2 "A Fun Game". However thing is not always fun. Here are reasons why!

1. Someone is intentionally feeding in your team.
    Someone is intentionally feeding in your team. I really mean it. I had a game with someone playing Puck. Everyone knows how important playing mid is and he played mid. Eventually, he gave up on mid because nobody talked to him in game and someone was using mic, talked in another language. He was mad because it NOT English. Eventually in the whole 30 minutes. He was taking a walk in Dire's forest and kept DRAWING on the minimap. When the enemies destroyed mid's t2 tower. He kept going out to feed. His score at the end of the game was 0/12/2 with level 7 when everyone of us were level 10+

2. Report is useless
    When I asked people to report, the comments I received from the other team are: "no you are bad", "don't blame on people" , "lol noobs". My team just quietly accepted the game already ended and it's a new game. There should be a choice to vote kick someone. Not until you are so pissed off and decided to report.

3. When the opponent doesn't want to end the game.
    Massacre! They don't want to end the game. They just stood outside of your base and kill whoever spawn out first. Butcher hook is one of thousand examples. I doubt any developers have to go through of 15 minutes when you just sit down and look at your team are being destroyed slowly. You can't even quit the game because you will have an abandon and put in low queue priority.
    https://dotabuff.com/matches/101189201

4. I got to go
    For all the reason, one player has to leave. He has to work. Something urgent comes up. Anything! However, he's stuck. If he leaves, he will have abandon. Why can't we vote so he can leave the game without any penalties? Do he deserve the abandon?

2. javierg3

javierg3 Active Member

Re: Dota 2 needs concede/surrender/forfeit & vote

NO CONCEDE OPTION, If you want it go to HoN, completely ruin that game, there is a reason dota2 has 180k on at once and peeks at 200k+ while HoN goes min 20k max 60k

I tried playing HoN for a buddy of mine and I kid you not EVERY game I played within the first 5-10 mins concede came up, and if it was my team, the team gave up waiting for it to pass or the other team gave up waiting for it to pass.

Ruins the whole seriousness of the game that MOST not all players play for, if its to serious go to LoL or HoN and have "fun".

3. Mr.3K

Mr.3K Well-Known Member

votekick sure, concede i dunno about

4. Nekros4442

Nekros4442 Well-Known Member

eh, this has been discussed to no end. Posting here wont change anyone's opinion and will get no exposure to the people at Valve

5. Sayer101

Sayer101 Active Member

I think this needs to be implemented. Saying no to something just because it wasn't in wc3 dota is ridiculous. We should embrace these "modern" conveniences instead of trashing them for being new. Isn't that the point of dota 2? Fanboys need to chill.

If you don't want to concede then vote no every time. Let the people who value their time not waste it.

6. walaoRIKI

walaoRIKI Well-Known Member

vote kick destroy the balance of the game

7. Silxer

Silxer Well-Known Member

That's what I was going to question since players can just abuse the vote kick system and kick players from pubs and get free wins due to unbalanced teams. :sweat:

Would that be be a big problem if a vote kick was added in?

8. marceloip

marceloip Well-Known Member

About forfeit I agree.
    Some people don't like it, but it should be up for the team to decide.

9. Thamoo

Thamoo Well-Known Member

Concede option es best option.

10. Re: Dota 2 needs concede/surrender/forfeit & vote

Concede option at stores now, only for 299$.

Everyone would win with that, I say it again.

11. StraY_WolF

StraY_WolF Well-Known Member

iLoveCat is so bad he needs concede option to cover his ass.

12. ShowThemHell

ShowThemHell Banned

But I love cat too :(

13. VPPTrue

VPPTrue Well-Known Member

Everyone knows what they are getting into when they queue up for a game of dota. Don't have the time? Don't fucking start a queue just to ruin someone else's game.

Answered and reported.

14. sekasi

sekasi Well-Known Member

this, a million times this. All the PD people that say stuff like

"No. Just no." because they are living in the past with wc3 dota can just freaking vote no to the concede vote and guess what, it won't concede.

For people that don't enjoy wasting 10+ minutes because your opponents are lolling around outside fountain, let us concede.

15. kat-as-trophy

kat-as-trophy Well-Known Member

I agree with iLovekat. No bias here but I think new guys will be discouraged by the lack of concede option. They will not be happy playing a losing game for an extended period of time. Valve should really look into this to help with new guys like us.

16. VPPTrue

VPPTrue Well-Known Member

You, and people like you, are just willing to give up on everything they try at.

Call us stuck in the past if you want.

We'll just keep saying we grew up in the time where we tried to figure out what's best.

17. StraY_WolF

StraY_WolF Well-Known Member

Not you, cat lover is cool. Except for OP though.

18. tenkar

tenkar Well-Known Member

Please dont add more cancer to the pot, Dota doesnt need any of that. Adding that will just make the game even more cancerous.

19. Kamilny

Kamilny Well-Known Member

I wish people would realise concede is already implemented.

20. silver-panda

silver-panda Well-Known Member

Been discussed before...no. Just no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.