Dota 2 Least Played Mode is a load of horseshit

Discussion in 'DotA Chat' started by Friednoodles, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Friednoodles

Friednoodles Well-Known Member

I just played a match in Least Played Mode, a mode where people can supposedly play the heroes they've rarely or never played before to learn how to play him. And everyone playing in that match seemed like they picked the heroes they played THE MOST and are best acquainted with and I was the only one playing a hero I rarely play. And why would they do this? Obviously they are using this mode to win an easy match, since somehow winning, even though they're cheating and there's no material benefit from winning the game, makes them feel good.
    So question, what exactly makes Least Played Mode any different from other modes? Cause there is no way of telling if someone played that hero or not. And even if they do prevent people from playing heroes they frequently played before on that account(which they don't), he could have been his favorite hero from dota 1, or from a previous dota 2 account, etc..

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  2. Re: Dota 2 Least Played Mode is a load of horseshi

Exactly.

This is as far as it could get to implement the idea.

3. Theexe2

Theexe2 Well-Known Member

Re: Dota 2 Least Played Mode is a load of horseshi

Obviously its not going to be able to tell if you’ve ever played the hero in dota. Its about your least played hero. If your like me and can/have played every hero many times its not a mode that will make me a noob but it is a mode that puts me on a hero that I have not played in a while (like the others playing it).

4. Siraraz

Siraraz Banned

Yes yes. I agree. People looking to pwn n00bs play it. It's a stupid mode that factors in player stats. Aigoo~

5. WaruAthena

WaruAthena Well-Known Member

Eh, no one ever plays it here in SEA anyway..

I've not got to play it even once.

6. colinKaline

colinKaline Well-Known Member

It took me about 1/2 games to play a very good jungle Naix/Doom

7. RubySlash

RubySlash Banned

l2p & get to higher bracket.

8. silvercover

silvercover Moderator

remember that some people have probably played dota first before dota 2, so chances are they already know how to use the heroes, just that they dont pick them often/havent used them yet til now in dota 2.

9. Friednoodles

It's mainly Ancient Apparition I have difficulty playing. But if I play him in this state in a regular match, I'll have to listen to "OMFG report feeder noob", and find out that I'm a black homosexual jew with questionable mental abilities.

10. Valon129

Valon129 Well-Known Member

That's just because "least played" doesn't mean "complete noob".

11. rancidfetus

rancidfetus Well-Known Member

I played this mode once. Riki was available because I never play him in Dota 2 (because he's kind of cheap). I picked him and raped everything.

12. Friednoodles

So that's why you never play Least Played?

13. lilaznelementz

lilaznelementz Well-Known Member

theres people who can play almost every hero at a acceptable level.

Least played does not mean they suck at it.

L2P

14. ithoran

ithoran Well-Known Member

Yeah its bullshit I have to say too, like you get half of the heroes in the game to choose from its too much it should be like random draft 20...

15. ReVil-

ReVil- Well-Known Member

Like others said, some players in Dota 2 played DotA before, hence know how to play the heroes.

I happened to play against a PL + KotL lane, in Least Played.

16. Friednoodles

And you think I don't know that?
    But I can very easily tell the difference between when they are very highly experienced with that hero, and when they're just trying to imitate the way they've seen other people playing that hero in other matches they played.

17. Shibubu

Shibubu Banned

Some heroes are WAY easier to play then others, hence the "omg they so experienced with this hero" part. I have played Sven 2 times, but I can play him WAY better than I can play Puck or Sand King, which I've played ~10 times each. Same goes for smth like Anti-mage or the Cancer Lancer. The only knowledge one needs with these two heroes is how to last hit properly and when to run away from the enemy followed by excessive amounts of farming. (In my first match EVER with AM I reached a 616 GPM which was my new record. Yes, quite low compared to the PD pros, but I rarely play hard carry role)

Still too hard to comprehend?

18. Holsety

Holsety Active Member

It's a mode where your 40 most picked heroes are disabled, nothing more nothing less. Playing a hero that's not in your top 40 but that you're still very good with is not cheating. Please buy some ointment for your extreme asspain.

19. arisinhell

arisinhell Well-Known Member

^THIS!

Just deal with it

20. Aircross

Aircross Well-Known Member

A player with 5 years of DotA experience, who knows how to play each hero on a basic level, and who goes into Least Played and plays heroes he or she hasn't played much in Dota 2 yet knows how to play well from DotA experience is a cheater.

Hmmkay.