DotA 2 Interface

Discussion in 'DotA Chat' started by ptoss1, Mar 20, 2012.

1. ptoss1

ptoss1 Well-Known Member

Hello my friends, I'm here because I need a little help.

I'm a veteran LoL player, and recently I've got a DotA 2 key, Then I started playing and the fact that most confused me was the mini-map to be on the left side.

In LoL, the map is on the right side and can be easily configured to the left, so I wonder if you can change the minimap place in DotA 2, and how can I do it.

Thank You!
  2. BearSengord

BearSengord Well-Known Member

3. LemonCrusader

LemonCrusader Well-Known Member

Why would you want your minimap to be on the right? It makes no sense at all.

You should embrace the fact that the map is at the side where it's suppose to be.
  4. ptoss1

ptoss1 Well-Known Member

just drag it? o_O

So, as I said, I'm a veteran League of Legends player, and I'm used to look the map on the right side.

So, I didn't stop to play LoL, and I want to have a similar interface on both games.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2012
  5. okrane

okrane Banned

it's currently not available in the beta but I reckon it will get coded at some point, it's just not in the priority list
  6. Green Yoshi

Green Yoshi Well-Known Member

Well, sad news for you: You can't put the map on the right side
  7. Machz

Machz Well-Known Member

Haven't seen an option that enables this.

Suggest it in the Dota2 dev forums.
  8. BearSengord

BearSengord Well-Known Member

9. ptoss1

ptoss1 Well-Known Member

Is it Fake?

Too bad quality image, only now I could see that the image is inverted ^^

nice try

10. Hemoxyte

Hemoxyte Well-Known Member

Try asking this in dota2 reddit.... iirc there was a post on making it so...
  11. imaHooker

imaHooker Well-Known Member

Are you serious?
  12. MeePwn

MeePwn Well-Known Member

The entire interface is still WIP, it will be worked on eventually and if alot of people feel the same it will be implemented. That's how our friends at valve roll!

as for justification, the minimap on the right side is a little further away from where you usualy look at but it's also less likely to accidently rightclick the minimap that way.
  13. QQmorebro

QQmorebro Well-Known Member

Just get used to the interface, no problem in that
  14. ptoss1

ptoss1 Well-Known Member

I not only think it should be a priority, but would have already been implemented...

this is ESSENTIAL, after DotA 1, so many similar games have been created and all of them have a configurable interface.

And if Valve wants to take players from these games, it should provide a comfortable gameplay for all.
  15. QQmorebro

QQmorebro Well-Known Member

16. MNoya

MNoya Well-Known Member

They guy asks if it is fake... lol...
  17. Rabscuttle

Rabscuttle Well-Known Member

He means the monitor
  18. ptoss1

ptoss1 Well-Known Member

You're very wrong.

it shoud be written as follows:

and DotA 2 have a specific situation that it have to attract players from other very simmilar games that have small differences that can easily be implemented to DotA 2 to make things more comfortable to these new players.
  19. Zeibi

Zeibi Well-Known Member

DEAL WITH IT.jpg
  20. scricK

scricK Well-Known Member

No, you can't don't get trolled, just deal with it.