Dota 2 ELO?

Discussion in 'DotA Chat' started by Apolon94, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Apolon94

Apolon94 Well-Known Member

Is there ELO in Dota 2 or is winning useless? How does matchmaking work then?

2. flogo2003

flogo2003 Active Member

It doesn't.

Unless you stack a team like many of the players here will tell you, welcome to the random draw of any players in the pools you have selected.

As a 60% win with over 400 games played, I am constantly getting matched with players with less than 50 games played. Unless you build your team before you go in, don't expect much of anything.

*edit

my record is not even good, nor am I saying I am pro, but its just an example of how the system, isn't really a system at all. I mean right now I am in a game with a 6 win 50 game player. How? I have NO idea.

3. Apolon94

Now I'm dissappointed... By far the only reason for me to actually try-hard was to get matchmade with better ones in future :S

4. Domenico

Domenico Moderator

There is raiting (not sure if ELO, MMR or something else; IIRC there was a way to check it via console). It doesn't take qty of games played into account and it is used to split players into 3 skill cathegories.

And since higher W/L ratio is easier to maintain when you have less games, you know...

Your ultrakilling Rylai (especially in a team totally welping otherwise) is a reason good enough IMO :)

5. CaptRush

CaptRush Well-Known Member

There is a hidden elo, before you could see it through the console but they fixed it.

6. DrFrank

DrFrank Banned

You will get better match-making in the future. You know, 'cause the game's in beta! Just wait patiently and they'll implement a proper system sooner or later.

7. Apolon94

I just did check out and I was playing with many 55%+ W/L players last match, but they did suck, so no idea :S

8. flogo2003

flogo2003 Active Member

Update to my post, my team abandons. LOL.

Pro.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Update to my post, my team abandons. LOL.

Pro.