DOTA 2 Commendation System

Discussion in 'DotA Chat' started by orangenod18, Oct 28, 2011.

1. orangenod18

orangenod18 Well-Known Member

best way to filter out trolls, newbies, tardheads and baddies.
  2. B3yondL

B3yondL Banned

3. Cyampagn

Cyampagn Well-Known Member

And to report everyone just because you felt like it.
  4. Xavier227

Xavier227 Active Member

some people are still going to abuse it
  5. Dbri

Dbri Well-Known Member

This is going to be rather pointless if the game is f2p, which I hope it won't be.
  6. Verkillyn

Verkillyn Well-Known Member

UNFORTUNATLY, this... theres gotta be a real fix to bout people who are of a certain rank are only allowed to do this. This will mean that the people of this rank and higher can be TAKEN MORE SERIOUSLY to who they thumb up or thumb down. ABUSE is still likely to happen but this way i would hope to think it would scale it down alot less. whoever is under this so called "rank" wont be able to rate people
  7. Verkillyn

Verkillyn Well-Known Member

if the game does go F2P comendations are TOTALLY pointless, so THIS!
    edit|: sorry for DP DONT KILL ME :(
  8. Dbri

Dbri Well-Known Member

I'll save you

9. R.U.Sty

R.U.Sty Well-Known Member

I "commend" them for trying it atleast. It will probably fail and we'll get whine threads how people are getting negative commendation from noobs when they accidentally ks or someone makes a mistake. It's Dota, I don't want commendation setting me straight, if i wanna troll, ill troll thank you very much.
  10. Hemoxyte

Hemoxyte Well-Known Member

some morons might abuse this thing.
  11. findus

findus Well-Known Member

Interesting tactic. I envisage that almost everyone will have around an equal amount of + and -, and a small minority will have a lot of + or a lot of -. Basically, it'll find the very biggest trolls and the very biggest saints.

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

And this.
  12. Kinggdawg

Kinggdawg Well-Known Member

i know a lot of people will end up abusing this feature.
  13. orangenod18

orangenod18 Well-Known Member

Since no one from DOTA 2 Testers or Devs actually explained how this Commendation System thing works, I'm thinking it should only be in private view, For example you create a game then the guy you Commend joined, you (the guy who commend this fella) will be warned and have an option to kick or let him join.

There's a MOD in HoN kinda similar to this but i forgot the name of it.
  14. daemonu

daemonu Well-Known Member

Sounds like Trouble to me. Bad Idea.
  15. R.B.Economy

R.B.Economy Well-Known Member

It's not pointless. The reason is that if you behave nicely in every game, you're going to get good reps, And vice versa. Now some people think it's pointless because "If I never flame, troll or trashtalk, people can still down rep me..." yes that's true, but only if you are standing on the fence; meaning you don't behave badly, but neither do you behave good. It's like you are silent all the game. No trashtalk, but no contribution either. If this is the case, you will be influenced by random bad reps.

However, if you make it a habit of talking nicely and helpful towards other players in every single game, you will be likelier to get more good reps, which in turn, will dissolve all the minor random bad reps. And I believe this is the point; to encourage every player to behave nicely. :)

Examples of good behaviors:
    Admit defeat when lost. Smile and say "well played guys"
    Buy wards, dusts and couriers for your team if you are playing support or you have excess gold.
    Show humbleness when winning. No need for sarcasm and arrogance.
  16. beeble

beeble Well-Known Member

Not sure this will work.

Since I saw some random noob flaming Dendi on his stream (because he ran form a farmed AM playing as Furion) just a few weeks after the guy won the International I became very suspicious about this kind of system.

I had to laugh when I saw it (so I wouldn't cry, lol). It's like you're playing some basketball with Michael Jordan and complaining about him while you can't even jump 10cm off the ground.

Bad players can't be trusted to judge not even themselves, so how can they judge other people's skills?

ALL_CAPS_GUY Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how it works. And I'm too tired/sleepy to check right now.

But I hope the report is connected to a replay.
    Not just so you can randomly report someone without any evidence.
  18. Nicolback

Nicolback Well-Known Member

Commendation system which gives reputation points and a time interval between commendations so that no one will abuse it (what I think of the system)

Nice step by Valve, but needs more.
  19. R.B.Economy

R.B.Economy Well-Known Member

The key is to behave as positive as possible so the good reps you get will overshadow the random bad reps you get.
  20. AngryGanker

AngryGanker Well-Known Member

I'm worried people will get rated down for being 'noobs'