Do the Dota 2 Performance bars work?

Discussion in 'DotA Chat' started by Handofgod, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Handofgod

Handofgod Well-Known Member

Are they actually accurate? Or is it just a gimmick? Apparently 2 bars is and average player?
  2. galuf

galuf Well-Known Member

dunno but I've more than 2 bar on any one, I think it's 2,5 the average and I've absolutely no clue of what it is about :) And to be honest I'm surprised about some ratios, I suck with mirana and have high score and with CM I'm almost undefeated and have 3ish bars.
  3. Frost

Frost Well-Known Member

4. Manlybug

Manlybug Well-Known Member

5. blazearmoru

blazearmoru Member

yo hey, I had a few games where I was able to create an opportunity for my team to win having ending scores of 15/50 for the two teams... of course everyone's K/D for my team was horrid but I was wondering how the skill bar would read that?
  6. Shadowlurker

Shadowlurker Banned

Pro-tip: You will play better if you don't care about them.
  7. SpellBindeR

SpellBindeR Banned

It's better to ignore them. You don't have to get 4 bars just to be called "Pro".
  8. BetaKey

BetaKey Well-Known Member

It is for your e-vagoo.
  9. Nkrck

Nkrck Well-Known Member

Nope, April fool's.
  10. Mr.Grzonka

Mr.Grzonka Well-Known Member

Bars work, i am great Krobelus and i have 5 bars
  11. DorianD

DorianD Well-Known Member

See screenshot:
  12. LightningMouse

LightningMouse Well-Known Member

So, what are the factors it takes into account?
  13. Mr.Grzonka

Mr.Grzonka Well-Known Member

K:D:A ratio
    correct items
    correct role (e.g. not ks'ing with support)
  14. LightningMouse

For serious? WTH
  15. Luffydude

Luffydude Well-Known Member

^So I got 4 bars with Lion and in 2 out of 4 games I went for EB + Dagon

Correct items they sure are
  16. quze

quze Well-Known Member

Those bars compare your performance with other people. When i play lion i usually go all support, warding, courrier, and supp items and i would end like 1-7-20 score at the end of the game and i had about 2.5 bars. And once i got paired with not that good players where carry couldn't stop auto attack even if i asked him, he was just pushing lane and diving under tower after 2 deaths like that i decided that i should stop leaving all farm for him and started stealling his farm. In the end we won i ended up with 15-6-15 score and when i looked at my lion performance it showed 4 bars.

TL;DR Those bars are just bullshit, i think valve should remove them. They only encourage players to kill steal more.
  17. LightningMouse

The concept is appealing, but they look dumb!
  18. It's very improper. Played Bane only for 2 times (1 win;1 lose) and I got 3.2 bars. It's out of my 80 games.
  19. Nkrck

Nkrck Well-Known Member

It;s just bull, i don't have a single hero with 2 bars which is what it states as average. But I have several heroes at 5 bars. And pretty much everytime I play a hero it increases, never see it decrease lol. It doesn't make any sense.
  20. Clam

Clam Well-Known Member

Working for me so far. My skele king is highest which makes sense as ive owned both games I played with him, while my slardar and warlock are terrible because I played badly with those heroes.