Diretide 2013 discussion.

Discussion in 'DotA Chat' started by Patskie14, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Patskie14

Patskie14 Well-Known Member

Ok as we all know, Diretide is on its way with some couple of changes a valve mentioned. But I think we could still discuss strategies involving the mode.

Broodmother seems to be broken in the new patch. Stealing candies would be too easy.

If ever they would release ember and koalin those two would be a good candy thief too.

Also, I hope valve fixes things like pudge stacking strength, echo slam and mass couriers, etc.
  2. Captain Planet

Captain Planet Moderator

I was about to say Broodmother all the way :3 Also QoP and AM with Blink Daggers and Force Staves would be strong. Spectre to an extent with Dagger could be good.
  3. WaruAthena

WaruAthena Well-Known Member

Don't forget about rumblerumblerumblerumble.
  4. Y3H

Y3H Well-Known Member

Inb4 all hero exploits left untouched, hats drop rate nerfed to oblivion. And shit storms shall start all over again.
  5. MightyOi

MightyOi Well-Known Member

i say storm spirit, i had best games with him last year but i played mainly heroes that i am in mod for cause i only wanted hats
  6. Jim_Carrey

Jim_Carrey Well-Known Member

They said they'll change Diretide to maake it more interesting. So I doubt it'll be the same Diretide we played last year.
  7. kujiro

kujiro Well-Known Member

they can just drop chest so the costumers will have to buy keys.. AGAIN! nice strategy vulva!
  8. Tsukuyomi0101

Tsukuyomi0101 Well-Known Member

They havent stopped, people still ripping their own hair out.
  9. Patskie14

But I still think the basic essence are still there. Like stealing candies. Which is the most enjoyable part. IMO.
  10. MonkeyEx

MonkeyEx Well-Known Member

as long as axe can still cull people during rosh fight, I'm happy
  11. Patskie14

Lol I got reported a bunch of times because of this. All I do is take candies from the basket, Wait for rosh fight then, proceed to dump all the candy in my enemys. then cull them.

Maximum griefing because they couldn't do anything about it.:rofl:
  12. Ari-chan

Ari-chan Well-Known Member

Let the timer start from the start of the first phase and problem solved.
  13. kakaboo

kakaboo Well-Known Member

I think the roshan part was kind of pointless, just dragged the game longer especially at the start where people didn't know stacking EBs and dagons worked to kill him quickly.

The 2nd part where Roshan chased people around was also kind of long, a full diretide game took at least 30 minutes. Hopefully this time they can find some way to make it shorter, diretide should not take as long as a full dota game.
  14. slence

slence Well-Known Member

I hope its geting tweaked or changed. With new broodmother, its highly exploited
  15. Captain Planet

Captain Planet Moderator

Oh wow I'd totally forgotten about him. He's going to be a pain in the ass.
  16. International3

International3 Well-Known Member

If they make the games shorter, they have to kill the drop rate then.
  17. Bubuli

Bubuli Well-Known Member

Agree, on top of that i hate the last part, where both teams killed roshan...totally boring.
  18. Uncle_Zhuge

Uncle_Zhuge Well-Known Member

Oh hey, they get what they want. People wanted shit, complained about shit not being nice, want more shit.
  19. Y3H

Y3H Well-Known Member

Let's just sit back and relax for now, I'm glad it's implemented nonetheless, a great alternative mode to fool around.
  20. SzotyMAG

SzotyMAG Banned

we already have threads like this