Diffusal Blade for non-agi carries?

Discussion in 'Game Strategy' started by mapdesigner, Sep 1, 2016.

1. mapdesigner

mapdesigner Well-Known Member

Hello,

I am thinking of diffusal for LC and other carries. Do you think the disable is worth it? i.e. the purge?

I think it is quite useful mainly because I have tried many times to go for SNY but it turned out pretty useless on LC. Diffusal shouldnt be that bad, Attack speed, disable and mana burn; also little bit of INT. it is also quite affordable, much more than abyssa, so why not?

what do you think? the only item that I feel can be compared is echo saber. not sure which of them is better

2. abdo1234

abdo1234 Well-Known Member

LC with diffusal? WHY

3. mapdesigner

to purge dazzle and kill him. to have some reliable thing to do after your duel. abysal is great but expensive, so diffusal is built as transition item: it will better be sold in the end anyway.

you might not need it if you have abundance of stuns in your team, but why not if you have non?

4. KinGe

KinGe Well-Known Member

You can't purge shallow grave.
    You want to kill enemy heroes within the duel duration as LC so diffusal isn't that optimal unless you want to just... mana burn them lol.

The only possible way I can think of getting diffusal on LC is to pop an enemy with linken's, but then again most LCs get forcestaff to do that if they are short on gold and need a linken popper ASAP.

5. Z01d

Z01d Well-Known Member

The only reason to get diffusal on non-agi heroes is Omniknight,

Also, Echo sucks dick on LC, but then again, people think she's a carry.

6. SpiritBaker

SpiritBaker Well-Known Member

Echo is ok on legion, because it reaches the second proc by the very end of the duel, giving you a greater chance of killing your enemy before it ends.

7. Z01d

Z01d Well-Known Member

Or you could by something that helps you win even more.

8. abdo1234

abdo1234 Well-Known Member

LC already havea purge (ba tmm tss)

Get a bkb or echo

9. DMR_Chane

DMR_Chane Well-Known Member

You just listed the item's stats and pretended to yourself that it's an argument for the item. Comparing an item to abbysal for no reason what so ever besides the fact that everybody but a dagon 5 is affordable compared to it is also dumb. You shouldn't be trying to justify your item build, you should be trying to come up with reasons why not to do it.

To answer your question of why not: opportunity cost. You might have heard of it. Gold, an item slot, the time spent with this item instead of another item in your inventory etc.

You also fail to give us context on where / when in your item build you think this would fit.

Your entirely line of thinking also seems to be focused on the idea that you NEED and item like sny/echo/diffu, have you tried not arbitrarily constricting yourself?

10. duble_dragon

duble_dragon Well-Known Member

The only advantage I see to this is using Diffusal to stick to a target while duel is on cooldown, and assuming it's far too soon for abyssal along with a team that can't lockdown for you.

11. mapdesigner

adding to that; I feel that Echo saber, SNY, and diffusal all serve similar purposes; they help melee carries right click and chase opponents. However, I never felt SnY is any reliable. I did try echo saber and it was good (the mini slow is great to get another hit for free, and thats all LC needs)

I had the idea when I saw ursa getting diffusal in couple of games. ofc one can say that ursa is agi carry and it gives him damage, but ursa have all attack speed in the world and doesnt need agi right? now LC benifit much more from diffusal agi than ursa does, imo. (assuming overpower ofcourse). That ursa used diffusal purge to slow and catch opponent. why not on LC or any other hero?

well, if I am satisfied with my damage already, lets say I have BM, blink, armlet, boot. Diffusal will be great addition to this set, right?

ofc there are special cases like LC vs dusa (burn mana and break linken), but I am not talking about these special cases; just the regular ones.

maybe diffusal wont be that great vs am and qop, but I feel its ok vs silencer and other walkers

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

yea, or maybe stick to another target just after you won duel, no?

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

But the question rises, who are the candidates for this build, apart from LC?

DK doesnt seem to fit. How about these: sven, alch, life, wk, ck, wind, sd, doom?

I dont think, tuskar, huskar fit either. probably only LC is the best candidate LOL (most of these others have their own disable :p)

but maybe diffusal is ok and fits for some INT heroes? say if they are playing mid role, and need it to maybe purge of silence, or slow enemy? (storm vs sky lets say)

what do you think?

12. IHateLeavers

IHateLeavers Well-Known Member

Only if you play vs Omni. Else it's kinda pointless, because there are better items.

13. Lama051

Lama051 Moderator

CK can get it and work as a discount PL if he goes for manta as well. Problem with diffusal is its statline, which makes it horrible on anyone who is not AGI, on the other hand changing its attribute to STR would make it overpowered.

There is no way INT would get diffusal to dispell silence, you have Eul's for that, which is both cheaper and benefits your hero more.

14. pinkypub

pinkypub Well-Known Member

It's alright on huskar and windrunner for dealing with guys like wraith king.

15. mapdesigner

I cant think of that many items that serves the same purpose with similar cost.

1-)Atos: which is crap for LC
    2-)SnY, which is not too reliable.
    3-)Heavens Halber, which is mostly useless (I mean the maim target thing)
    4-)Basher, which.... well comparable cost but I feel purge is a bit better

all of these items have similar cost but who can do the job better than diffusal? Basher is probably the best alternative out of these 5 and has better disable, yet it is much less reliable: purge proccs whenever we want.

I would actually have diffusal into basher into abysal and then I can think of selling diffusal.

we can ofcourse stick to the original plan of blink duel and run away, but thats what we are talking about here.

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

and lets say our team is: Goblin Shredder, Lycan, LC, Fenix, and techies

16. radratray

radratray Well-Known Member

If you have blink and blade mail on lc it doesn't really matter what other items you get, so sure, get whatever you want

storm already has a massive slow with no actual cooldown or charges, so I don't really see the point when he already needs a lot of mana regen, defensive items and a luxury slot being hex or something

17. AvrilLabigne

AvrilLabigne Well-Known Member

Hur dur, not gonna buy Guinsoo for Ursa because intelligence.

18. TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne Well-Known Member

"I tried SNY but it was bad so maybe Diffusal is good"

"I tried Butterfly but it was bad so maybe Veil is good"

wat

19. mapdesigner

Dendi did that once, and for TA too.

Hello another one:

SnY was not reliable slow, diffusal is.

but why would you make veil? armor? sure :p. I more like compare butter to ac. AC is bad? maybe butter is good

20. TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne Well-Known Member

I don't know why you need a slow on LC but if you need it that badly buy Atos.