Dazzle skill build

Discussion in 'Game Strategy' started by JeanLucPicard, Feb 15, 2011.

1. JeanLucPicard

JeanLucPicard Well-Known Member

I recently got flamed for not taking early levels of weave (dazzles ultimate)...

Imo the skill needs to be delayed most of games.
    In early/mid game Dazzle tends to babysit a carry and/or gank, and here I prefer an extra level in heal/poison/grave over armor.
    At this point in game nukes do way more damage than DPS heroes, and an extra heal / grave / slow do much better imo...
    I'd prefer early weave in a situation where my team was going a mass push strat, but it isn't really common in pubs...

The question is: Do I fail by skipping weave till level 10?
  2. Parsley

Parsley Well-Known Member

nah, i think it depends on teams lineup, if you're more positioned as a roamer/ganker i think it's fine to skip, if more early teamfight + push + early rosh def lvl 6 is cool.
  3. Doovad

Doovad Well-Known Member

I personally find no need for it until 10, unless you are skipping the last rank of Poison Touch for Weave at 9.
  4. s.ops_Freak

s.ops_Freak Well-Known Member

Max Touch =>
    Max Heal =>
    Max Grave.

I don't take high priority of Weave early on UNLESS our team consists of a push lineup where that extra armor would come in handy against towers/creeps, other than that I usually leave it till levels 10 or above.

Reason why I don't value Weave that much in the early stages is because 1. it has very low AoE w/o Scepter/levels and 2. Magical DMG > Physical DMG in the early stages so that extra 4 armor or more wouldn't have made much of a difference anyways.

BTW, support Dazzle on trilanes is just fail IMO since it doesn't give an option to be aggressive, only passive. Besides, Dazzle with levels is a pretty good asset.
  5. Depends. If there are not much physical damage early games (which is what usually happened most of the time), skip it.

Heal/Grave > Weave on that period of time where nuke rules over.

Get Touch only for 3 levels, because you only need the stun. Max Heals afterward.
  6. Parsley

Parsley Well-Known Member

nah, i think it depends on teams lineup, if you're more positioned as a roamer/ganker i think it's fine to skip, if more early teamfight + push + early rosh def lvl 6 is cool.
  7. Kris

Kris Moderator

Ult: 6,11,16

If you're playing him like a semi you should be able to appreciate how good weave is on him.

Babysit SP is 2 years ago when he had the real "shallow grave".
  8. badmafa

badmafa Banned

Weave is stupidly good. There's no reason not to take it early; you should be soloing Dazzle and the armor differential will make a huge deal when you gank the trilane.
  9. Elmenca

Elmenca Well-Known Member

lvl 8 is the perfect one for me to skill weave..
  10. Elmenca

First of all you should NEVER EVER N E V E R solo with dazzle. That is the worst thing you could possibly do in dota, yes, even worse than starting with boots.

Second, the time that weave need to reduce the armor is really long and will not effectively work in a gank. That skill is only for team clashes.

The rest of Dazzle skills ares just too good to skip them.

As i just said lvl 8 is the perfect one.

11. badmafa

badmafa Banned

Go back to THR2. I'll call you when we need a resident pub.
  12. Elmenca

PFFF yeah, solo with dazzle and what then? trilane with DR necro and wr?

I just watched your profile: "Help me with my VG Tide guide"

13. otomo

otomo Well-Known Member

dazzle is one of those heroes where all of his skills are good, but me i like having 4 spells at lv 6, since you can throw it early in a fight and then even if you die you would have contributed significantly.
  14. s.ops_Freak

s.ops_Freak Well-Known Member

Dazzle is one of the strongest solos there is, especially vs Windrunner. You need to watch more competitive replays, preferably in the 6.70 area where he was used as a solo quite a few times by DTS and completely dominated the lane/game.
  15. CasioFX

CasioFX Well-Known Member

can someone please find and link said replays ^^^^^^^?? OT i dont usually don't usually get weave until i'm lvl 10 unless im finding there being lotsa team fights when everyone is around lvl 6-8 which doesn't happen all the time.
  16. ^Eternity^

^Eternity^ Well-Known Member

I've always taken Weave at level 6. Its just really strong in smaller skirmishes and for saving people while your grave is on cool-down.

One small thing that should be mentioned is that Weave amplifies Poison Touch's damage much much more than taking another level of poison touch, simply because poison touch does physical damage.

Let us assume that you use Weave and Poison Touch almost together.

Your poison touch will be doing like 30-40% more extra damage from the 3rd tick of weave onwards and even more.

A general gank by SP happens this way. Ganker stuns--->SP Weaves--->hit/hit--->Poison Touch--->Hit/Hit easily lasting as much as 7-8 seconds allowing you last hit to be on a -8 armor unit. If you've ever seen Alchemist with maxed Spray at level 7. This Dazzle hurts as much as Alchemist hitting in that spray only offset by the fact is Dazzle is ranged and can get more hits in.
  17. LuckOfTheIrish

LuckOfTheIrish Well-Known Member

18. sbi85

sbi85 Well-Known Member

19. Elmenca

Do you care to explain why the best babbysitter in the game should solo mid when he could be helping the carry/ semi-carry not to die? (Im not being sarcastic/agressive) Also he takes a lot of farm that he doesn't need. For me this strategy its the same as a WD soloing mid.. he can win many lanes easily but he works better in a trilane.

20. Njaard

Njaard Well-Known Member

Except he doesn't because aside from shallow grave all his skills need levels to do anything at all. Besides, a trilane with dazzle will be incredibly defensive untill he hits level five (poison touch is crap before it's level 3).