Could this be THE Icarus item build?

Discussion in 'Game Strategy' started by Amaranth Angel, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Amaranth Angel

Amaranth Angel Well-Known Member

Probably we all have spotted the greatest weakness of Icarus --> base armor of 0. Other things is that Icarus's spells cost certain % of his own hp SO it is more important to have hp reg insted of just raw hp. So armor and hp reg it is:

Treads/arcane boots
    Shiva's/AC (or both if you can get)
    Hood--> Pipe
    Blink dagger (yeah i know it has no hp reg or armor but it just works)

Getting all of these in one game might be hard but anyway... What you guys think?
    Think this idea is total :thumbup: or :horse: (me being the horse) ??
  2. Redeemed A.I.

Redeemed A.I. Well-Known Member

Perfect synergy =/
  3. .Pwnx

.Pwnx Well-Known Member

It could work considering those items boost his survivability. I'm not a big fan of Phoenix but I know that he needs to survive and tank a bit. Maybe?
  4. Drickosh

Drickosh Well-Known Member

not "THE" but definitely viable, mine is basillius, vanguard, treads and hood/linken

I don't really think he need that much mana regen from your build
  5. _Aurora_

_Aurora_ Well-Known Member

It could be an Icarus build, not saying it is the best one. Most of my items depend on the enemy heroes though.
  6. .Pwnx

.Pwnx Well-Known Member

7. Monsterlord

Monsterlord Banned

This topic needs more Bloodstone.
  8. hajasmarci

hajasmarci Well-Known Member

and ginzo
  9. krunyul

krunyul Well-Known Member

arcane, mekans, dagger, and if the game still drags on, buy refresher orb
  10. Redeemed A.I.

Redeemed A.I. Well-Known Member

11. Amaranth Angel

Amaranth Angel Well-Known Member

Just finished a game where i played Icarus. My stats were 5-2-20(?) game had some leavers included so not a long game and i died very noobish death in the beginning (*cough* greedy *cough*) I didnt have that much cs but these are items i ended up with: Str treads, RoB, Shivas, Dagger. So anyway i add here replay of my game just so if some1 wants to give me any critic or something... NOT the best of me with phoenix but certainly not the worts either. Oh and this is still pubs so.... You know what to expect from players here
  12. _Aurora_

_Aurora_ Well-Known Member

Scourge has very high apm :eek::.
  13. Shamanics

Shamanics Banned

I fail to see how a fucking phoenix who has spells that have over 9000 range needs more than a basilius and arcane boots to survive, throw a blademail if you are team raping.
  14. dominator02

dominator02 Well-Known Member

However,he is hp dependent and requires much more mana regen to make the sun ray much longer to last.
  15. hajasmarci

hajasmarci Well-Known Member

it has f@cking hex in it!
  16. Monsterlord

Monsterlord Banned

Which is worthless during Sun Ray anyways.
  17. kawumm

kawumm Well-Known Member

pretty good but not THE phoenix build imo; if only bc its to darn expensive, he just doesnt need THAT much

been doing it myself with some variations, had sweet success with SR trreads shiva blink
  18. fireblaze762

fireblaze762 Well-Known Member

what about

Basi+medallion gives nearly 10 armour, along with decent mana regen. Hood provides you survival against nukers and theregen is nice. Treads is for the bonus hp, although phase/BoT could work as well.
  19. Skaloon

Skaloon Banned

question is againts what line-up are you building this and what are your team mates? it's ridiculous to discuss certain item build without knowing in what situation you gonna play.
  20. HTB

HTB Well-Known Member

treads, linkens, radiance, heart, assault