[CHAT] Café de l'Artiste

Discussion in 'Studio D'Art' started by Wyk, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Wyk

Wyk Forum Manager

For those who are wondering what this thread is - like the title says, it's the hangout spot for all the visitors of this section. This particular thread can be used as a united thread to discuss both art / non-art related issues and basic general conversations. Just don't go around spamming on it coz you are not going to get anything off it but infractions.

I've hosted the Café de l'Artiste everywhere I've been and works out pretty well. Hopefully it works great for us here on PlayDotA too.

So Let The Festivities Begin!

2. Ignis

Ignis Well-Known Member

Great Idea ;) As long as there are active members this will be "the heart" of the graphic section.

3. Aequinox

Aequinox Well-Known Member

I'm new to this forum, so I think I'll bring a question along with me to start things off. How many users here work on a Tablet PC? A pen tablet?

4. King_oF_Banditz

King_oF_Banditz Well-Known Member

Awesome! Now we have like a chill spot lol

I've worked with a pen tablet a few times, granted i'm not too serious
    an artist (i wish though xD) and this may be a personal thing, or i didn't use it
    enough but i really didn't find it helpful.

5. Giri

Giri Well-Known Member

Never worked on it but I've seen people work on it. :)

6. Wyk

Wyk Forum Manager

I use one. I've been using one for quite a long time now. Bought a newer one recently. Worth the money if you ask me. If you're serious about art, I suggest getting one.

7. King_oF_Banditz

I just thought I'd say
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
    (or if you don't celebrate)
    HAPPY THURSDAY!

8. Wyk

Wyk Forum Manager

Oh well we don't celebrate it here in India but wtf .. another reason to party..
    HAPPY THANKS GIVING!

9. Ignis

Ignis Well-Known Member

Best Thanks Giving everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Went to see Twilight New Moon premiere in my country :)))) Movie started in 00:01 It was freaking awesome :D

10. King_oF_Banditz

Wait really? i heard it sucked. but i've read the books
    so im kinda biased >.>

11. Ignis

Ignis Well-Known Member

well movies don't usually fulfill the reader's expectations but I really really liked it, although I am not a romance kind of guy ,if you know what I mean :D

12. Wyk

Wyk Forum Manager

It is not fair to compare the depth and detail of a book with a movie. A movie has limited time and certain requirements to make it run and appeal to the general public. After all making money out of the movie also is important. New Moon should be a fine movie in my opinion. Gonna go watch it over the weekend sometime.

13. Daily Vitamin

Daily Vitamin Well-Known Member

Just an opinion but this seems to be off topic :)

14. Wyk

Wyk Forum Manager

Thank God it sounds that way. I am literally sick of having a dead section where people do nothing but just come in .. drop in a couple of comments here and there .. now and then and walk out of the place and never come back. We need something here to help in progress and this might just as well work good.

15. King_oF_Banditz

Read the first post! this thread is about anything! both art and not art.
    and yea i think im going to see the movie this weekend with my friend

16. Ignis

Ignis Well-Known Member

Well people should consider this the Studio's Chit-Chat(nothing to do with spam) thread. It's nice to talk about stuff that concern us art related or not. Like I told before threads like this usually turn out to be the section's heart :)

Yep. You've seen it in action. :)
    Hopefully like I said, this will be the same here on PD too. Even if we someday all run out of art, we'll still have a reason to visit this place.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2009
  17. Daily Vitamin

Daily Vitamin Well-Known Member

Ah okay sorry, misunderstanding, thought it was specifically about art and graphics and stuff. Didnt notice it was just chit-chat. :D

I for one won't see New Moon because I will not conform to this plague that is devouring the minds of young teenagers, specifically females.

I haven't read the books and I probably won't see the movie
    Spoiler Alert
    hes pale, shes pale, theres a "hot" werewolf
    For anybody who hasn't seen the movie i think i just ruined the plot, problem, characters, and climax.

18. spooky_kz

spooky_kz Well-Known Member

Hey guys!

@Wyk

Long time no chatting :p

19. King_oF_Banditz

LOL @ daily's spolier!
    So on a more gfx related note…
    I have this idea for a sig, with the render
    coming out of like a rift in the background,
    any ideas for how i may achieve this?