can huskar kill himself with his ult?

Discussion in 'Advanced Mechanics' started by xBeelzebub, Apr 9, 2012.

1. xBeelzebub

xBeelzebub Well-Known Member

like if he had 5 hp and I had 150, and he ulted me, would the damage kill him?
  2. iGhOsT.East

iGhOsT.East Well-Known Member

He removes his own health based on a PERCENT. So if you are Huskar and have 5 hp and ulted you would be left with:

5hp x (.75) = 3.75hp

Meaning 25% of 5 is 1.25
    Meaning 75% of 5 is 3.75 so you would pay 1.25hp to cast it.

This is based on a level 3 Lifebreak.

Scenario 2:

You have 4hp
    You pay 25%, so 25% of 4 is 1. So, in this case Huskar would pay 1hp and would be left with 3hp after casting level 3 Lifebreak.

As far as math is concerned, paying 25, 50, or 75% of 1 will always equal SOMETHING and I believe Warcraft rounds that back up to a 1 since it is still a numeric value.
  3. Shadowlurker

Shadowlurker Banned

With the right circumstances, I believe so. I forget what it was, Level 4 - Soul Catcher, Blademail, Ghost Scepter?
  4. iGhOsT.East

iGhOsT.East Well-Known Member

Ah, I was going straight math. I didn't take into consideration Warcraft mechanics.
  5. Heraklinos

Heraklinos Well-Known Member

WC3 doesn't behave like what you believe, it uses real number to calculate, not integer.

OT: Huskar can kill himself with his ulti but only with an extreme scenario like having less than 1 HP but greater than 0.405 (about 0.6 would be sufficient at ulti lvl 1 and normal magic resistance).
  6. beetin

beetin Well-Known Member

Confirming it is technically possible through 0.405 hp = death silliness but grossly unlikely.

Huskars ulti does magic damage, He needs to have:

0.35*2.86 = 1 at level 1
    0.3*3.33 = 1 at level 2
    0.25*4 = 1 at level 3

So he needs to have 2.86 magic amplification on him as a minimum. Note that most sources (soul catcher, dirge ulti, etc) won't work as these deal seperate damage sources and thus huskar wouldn't be dealing the killing blow to himself.

Ice vortex, natural order, ancient seal, decrepify is as high as I believe you could get. That is only 1.25*0.75*1.44*1.36*1.26 = 2.31.

So there is currently no way (unless I forgot an ability) to have enough magic amplification to suicide through huskars ulti except that rare exception.
  7. Erios

Erios Well-Known Member

Veil. Also decrepify is 1.4 not 1.44.

With veil it goes to 2.811375, so still not enough.

Berserker should put this up enough though.
  8. gilvert

gilvert Well-Known Member

hey do you guys take into consideration the magic immunity lifebreak gives upon casting?

i guess it can be done by mask of madness (if it isn't removed from the magic immunity) or as beetin said, natural order and ice vortex (decrepify/ghost scepter should be removed when the magic immunity is given)

iirc veil can be removed by magic immunity, or am i wrong?
  9. EebstertheGreat

EebstertheGreat Forum Manager

Huskar can kill himself at any level with his ultimate due to, as you put it, the "0.405 silliness," even with high spell resistance. If however his hp is much more than that, it is pretty difficult (but if you suppose he has MoM, Veil, ethereal, NO, Ancient Seal and lvl 1 ult, then that works out to 0.75 * 1.30 * 1.25 * 1.40 * 1.26 * 1.36 * 0.35 = 1.0233405, so he will die regardless of his current life if he has no other damage prevention/reduction abilities).
  10. omgwtfbbqsauce

omgwtfbbqsauce Active Member

Health removed from himself from his ult is based on his current health. It is removed as a percent. So metaphorically speaking if he used his ult with 100 hp and it takes away 50% of his hp then he would have 50 hp left. ANd if he used it with 2 hp then he would have 1 hp left. No whole number can be taken down to zero if multiplied by a positive fraction.
  11. chukky-jr

chukky-jr Well-Known Member

unless the game needs you to die at 0.405 , not zero
  12. beetin

beetin Well-Known Member

Or there was some way to amplify that 35% to get it to 100%. But numbers can't do that.....

He clearly didn't read any of the posts. Let it go.

Quack Quack I'd say.