Build for Raijin

Discussion in 'Game Strategy' started by ajmer, May 28, 2010.

1. ajmer

ajmer Active Member

What's the item build for him? I heard that you should do Bloodstone ASAP, but I often see in competitive games players go for linken's first. So what should I buy for Storm?

I wonder about skill build too, but I guess it's more flexible?

2. Soulfly

Soulfly Well-Known Member

I never get bloodstone on him anymore. If enemy team has doom/bs I'll go linkens first, otherwise guinsoo first. So either linkens-->guins or guins--> linkens.

Raijin is probably the most flexible hero when it comes to skillbuilds. Always get ultimate at 6, but other than that it's up to you.

3. Bloody Knuckles

Bloody Knuckles Well-Known Member

Always get your "attack" items first. Sure, "protection" items like linkens are great, but what's the point if you have nothing to protect?

If you are facing pseudo-blinkers/disablers/combo nukers get orchid. Else Bloodstone. I suggest guinsoo's as luxury.

4. Draba

Draba Well-Known Member

Wand/Voids/bracers according to taste.
    Int treads, later converted to str.
    Guinsoo, bloodstone or linken first.
    Guinsoo, linken, shiva or skadi second( if you didn't start with bloodstone, you are better off with something else ).
    Add orchid if you desperately need the silence or are at minute 70.

2 voids, treads, guinsoo, linken will be just fine for most games.

5. EyeOfFire

EyeOfFire Well-Known Member

If the enemy has virtually any targeted spammable spell, I go Linkens first. If you can get it early, it will save your ass SO many times. It also suits Storm's all or nothing, ROFL-in-out-of-nowhere-, kill-somebody-then-ROFL-out style of play.

6. Draba

Draba Well-Known Member

7. ajmer

ajmer Active Member

^well, it says what i mentioned at first (bloodstone asap), but as i said i saw it's not always like that

8. ArtiQ

ArtiQ Well-Known Member

Bloodstone is outdated. It works in some situations but mostly you build other items. It is all about adapting to the game you are in. If you watch the Asians play Storm they usually go Treads, Bottle(if mid), Nulls/Wand, Dagon, BKB, Guinsoo. Naturally, this works because of their playstyle and how Asians play. They need that BKB because opposing team will have many disablers to counter Storm. If you play pub or random CW/FW I recommend either going Bottle, Wand, Treads, Linkens, Guinsoo/Orchid.

9. Bloody Knuckles

Bloody Knuckles Well-Known Member

How do asians play? Seriously, I can't tell the difference between how asians and others play.

10. 1nF

1nF Well-Known Member

IMO bloodstone only if there are no hard counters in the opposition. Otherwise linkens --> guinsoo.

11. fireblaze762

fireblaze762 Well-Known Member

I generally check the opponents lineup to see if the opponents have spammable nukes/disables and/or the opponents lineup will allow me to free farm. If they dont have disables then imight try to free farm and get a 15min BS. Normally this wont happen so i go bottle->wand->int treads then igank. I rack up some kills and farm in lanes and get linkens next.
    Basically Bloodstone is good if the opponents have little disables and you can farm it fast.
    Linkens is better if they do have disables and you have to gank, which is most of the cases, thats why i buy linkens more.

12. Blarrg

Blarrg Well-Known Member

Nobody mentioned a skill build which I find EXTREMELY important because of his mana issues early on.

1. Remnant
    2. Overload
    3. Overload
    4. Grapple
    5. Overload
    6. Ball Lightning
    7. Overload
    8. Grapple
    9. Grapple
    10. Grapple
    11. Ball Lightning
    12+ Max Remnant and stats and Ball Lightning at 16

Reasoning: One level of remnant allows for good lane control with Overload harass. Remnant does NOT scale very well in terms of damage to mana cost. It seems like leveling it is kind of a waste because you could be using that mana for an extra spell, therefore, ANOTHER overload. Grapple maxed because its a disable, it scales well with NO mana increase on levels. Using this you keep your mana nice and sustainable while keeping the damage output of maxing Remnant.

Items:

Perseverance as fast as possible. Then intelligence treads and turn Perseverance into Bloodstone or Linken's depending on the team lineup (Usually ends up being Linkens). Afterwards Guinsoo is practically ALWAYS the best option. Then blah blah, more mana regeneration with orchid maybe, shivas is good too for the slow.

13. ArtiQ

ArtiQ Well-Known Member

@Blarrg

Have you played Storm? Storm doesn't have any mana issues at start. His spells have low mana cost. It is only at level 6 he will have some mana issues if he spams his ultimate. Bottle usually solves that until you get your Perserverance.

Skill build depends on lane but if you go solo you usually go one of these two:

Remnant
    Overload
    Vortex
    Vortex
    Vortex
    Ball
    Vortex/Remnant
    max Remnant

or

Remnant
    Overload
    Remnant/Vortex
    Vortex/Remnant
    Vortex
    Ball
    etc

Against dual lanes you can max Overload first to be ablet o get some last hits.
    Vortex is crucial for successful ganks. I use this build and it works perfectly.

14. JizzMasta

JizzMasta Well-Known Member

Like someone said, his skillbuild is very flexible and matters mostly on opinion.
    I like Blarrg's skillbuild and it's almost exactly the way I do. I also completely agree on his item choices for that matter. In my opinion, he has played Storm.

15. Blarrg

Blarrg Well-Known Member

Yes I play Storm pretty regularly. Once I hit 6 you can kill 600-700 hp with my build. I also gank with him as much as I can, I don't go bottle because it somewhat slows me down and I don't have mana issues with my build ever.

Ganking 2+ heroes usually consumes all my mana and I use that time to farm up while my mana regens to go do it all again.

Main reason why I don't get bottle is because you most likely won't be getting every rune. Their are also other heroes that could be using the runes to bottle themselves.

I use your build as an alternative if I feel we need more disable over damage. Usually I can kill people before my grapple runs out. In your build you don't max remnant over grapple either so you are agreeing with my point

Both builds are suitable, the main thing is, static remnant isn't worth maxing super early, which i what I see a LOT of people do and it makes me mad.

16. fruta

fruta Well-Known Member

SAY NO TO BLOODSTONE WTF

treads, linken then guinsoo = core
    shiva = against dps
    skadi = all around
    orchid = combo/escape breaker

remnant
    overload
    vortex
    remnant
    vortex
    ball
    remnant
    vortex
    remnant
    vortex
    ball
    overload
    overload
    overload

17. JizzMasta

JizzMasta Well-Known Member

Nah man, you need the overload early.

18. Blarrg

Blarrg Well-Known Member

No early overload is really lowering your harassing ability in lane.

19. ArtiQ

ArtiQ Well-Known Member

@Blaargh

Never the less, why would you max Overload early against a solo player? You obviously rely on your teammates to stun for you. Does that mean that you play CWs? If you do, Vortex will still be the best choice. Because to get maximal damage from Overload early game will force you to use your ultimate a lot=mana issues. If you don't, your damage output would be equal to a maxing Vortex build.

20. Blarrg

Blarrg Well-Known Member

Yes I play plenty of IH's and CW's. The MAIN reason I max overload over vortex is because of the amount of lane control it gives. The bonus damage is absolutely nothing to laugh at and a level 1 remnant makes it extremely spammable once you farm a void stone/perseverance resulting in easier farming as well. It is viable to wait a bit to max vortex because a 1.5 disable + drag should be enough for your allies to stun and nuke and kill the hero instantly.

Secondly, I usually don't have to use my ultimate more than twice. Second one usually being short range just for that extra damage and slow with overload. The first one being at about 600 range, and with level one ult thats only about 150 mana.