Buffs for Bristleback

Discussion in 'Remakes' started by Sasho1233, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Sasho1233

Sasho1233 Well-Known Member

Bristleback is an awesome hero concept that sadly goes out of power too early. Requires decent skills to play but doesn't justify giving him gold and experience. My remake will aim to make him better.
    Attack Animation: 0.4 / 0.3
    Damage: 52 - 62
    Casting Animation: 0.4 / 0.51
    Armor: 3.38
    Base Attack Time: 1.7
    Movespeed: 295
    Missile Speed: Instant
    Attack Range: 128 (melee)
    Sight Range: 1800 / 800
    Strength
    22 + 2.2
    Agility
    17 + 1.8
    Intelligence
    14 + 2.8
    Changes in Red.
    Attack Animation: 0.4 / 0.3
    Damage: 52 - 62
    Casting Animation: 0.2 / 0.1
    Armor: 3.38
    Base Attack Time: 1.7
    Movespeed: 300
    Missile Speed: Instant
    Attack Range: 128 (melee)
    Sight Range: 1800 / 800
    Strength
    22 + 2.6
    Agility
    17 + 1.8
    Intelligence
    18 + 2.4
    I have buffed his [note=Because he casts quite a lot and having such a long casting point is really disruptive.]casting point[/note], given him normal [note=Even with the stacks from his ultimate there are heroes that are faster in general with less effort. 5 ms is not that much.]movespeed[/note] and given little buffs to [note=0.4 Strength per level is 11.6 Strength more at level 25, or 209 more HP]Strength[/note] and [note=3 more starting because he can't cast more than 3-4 times in a lane in earlier levels and reduced gain by 0.4, which is basically what I added to Strength growth - results in 11.6 Intelligence less(or 8.6 because of starting bonus), or 104 less mana at level 25.]Intelligence[/note].

There are other ideas I have, but those will be too much. for now simple changes in stats would be enough for him to see some play.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  2. iSnooz

iSnooz Well-Known Member

I prefer removing the damage cap on Quil Spray

3. Sasho1233

That was the case 4-5 years ago and the hero was unbalanced.

I need more opinions.

4. Monsterlord_2nd

Monsterlord_2nd Well-Known Member

I like this, the strength buff and cast animation is sorely needed.

I don't really like the int buff though, he already has an excess of it by the time midgame comes around.

5. Flame13

Flame13 Well-Known Member

Since I hate riki and this hero is his perfect counter I say T-up till the skies...he is also underpicked and pretty much rarely used...

6. Sasho1233

Well, the buffs are just a point out in the right direction. Giving him more starting Intelligence will give him more power in the first 3-4 levels in the lane without giving him too much mana later. Buffing his gain wouldn't have helped him in early game and that's when he struggles the most because of lack of mana pool.

I thought about making his skills not add charges to Magic Stick but that is too powerful.

7. CSDT

CSDT Banned

I think we should nerf his int growth and buff his base int. Maybe 22 + 2.2 is good.

8. Lord_Talron

Lord_Talron Well-Known Member

FINALLY someone realizes that the buff he ACTUALLY NEEDS is to increase his strength gain.

he doesnt need an int buff he needs an int tweak. lower his int gain if you're going to increase the starting (but not too terribly much)

9. DirtyEpic

DirtyEpic Well-Known Member

Solid suggestion. Thumbs up.

Cheers~

10. Monsterlord_2nd

Yeah, but the point is that his int is still too high by midgame. It's just plain excessive.

CSDT actually nailed it. The base can be buffed, but the gain needs to drop. He's getting better >_>

11. Sasho1233

CSDT's idea is too big. We need to take baby steps. That much starting Intelligence will prove to be too pesky because his skills cost 30 and 35 mana respectively. He should have some freedom to cast his skills in lane, but not be able to spam them, since they are incredibly powerful early in the game.

Made some adjustments to the first post.

12. Lord_Talron

13. ImboredxD

ImboredxD Well-Known Member

Sure. T-Up

14. KuroNeko

KuroNeko Moderator

These are some pretty healthy suggestions. I approve.

15. BorisPeace-

BorisPeace- Well-Known Member

Casting point to 0.2/0.15 to preserve the ratio so that his cast animation won't look weird. T-Up to everything suggested.

16. Fazy

Fazy Well-Known Member

As BorisPeace- said, make it 0.2/0.15. And I completely T-UP this, much needed.

17. Sasho1233

The cast basckswing is what he does after he puts the skill in effect. I was considering making it 0, but I wasn't sure if that would have been too much.
    0.05 seconds is not going to make much of a difference.

18. Lord_Talron

honestly theres not much of a reason to change his cast animation. it hardly gives me any problems

19. Monsterlord_2nd

Dropping backswing to zero wouldn't have too much of an effect, any Bristle player that isn't retarded will be spamming their next move/attack during casts anyways.

20. Darkmeplez

Darkmeplez Well-Known Member

T-up for stat changes.

Bristleback needs more love.