bristleback skill build

Discussion in 'Game Strategy' started by LiquidNitrogen, Oct 17, 2011.

1. LiquidNitrogen

LiquidNitrogen Well-Known Member

i confused
  2. plzonlygame

plzonlygame Well-Known Member

picked him up the other day after ages.

max snot

you would probably need to supplement any lack of allied disables with earlier levels of snot.
  3. Pwntlolz

Pwntlolz Well-Known Member

id get a point in snot at 2
    20% slow for 5 seconds is no joke
  4. LiquidNitrogen

I'd get a point in snot at 1. Its probably one of the best fb skills and has tons of utility whenever you want to gank.

The question then is: how do you skill his other skills?

Quill spray doesn't scale all that well, I was wondering when you'd forgo it for bb/snot
  5. Lykus-

Lykus- Active Member

Seems so important to level snot early on paper, but in reality it just makes your mana problems worse and the extra level of armor is so much more helpful
  6. badmafa

badmafa Banned

Is the automatic Quill Spray damage based on regular Quill Spray level?
  7. Devius

Devius Well-Known Member

If you are going to farm for fast Radiance, then snot may be skipped.
    Quill spray doesn't scale well, but there is a general rule to max nukes first. Bristleback isn't the type of late-game monster that any adequate opponents try to gank. Quill spray manacost doesn't grow, if you max it you can harass, last-hit and even score a kill with it.
  8. Kris

Kris Moderator

Goo: 1,12,13,14
    Spray: 2,3,5,7
  9. Royal_Naga

Royal_Naga Well-Known Member

Snot at lvl 1 for FB blood, then Max Quill and get one lvl on Bristleback.
    Your skills at lvl 5 should be like this:
    Quill Spray Lvl 3, Snot 1, bristleback 1.

Like you say Quill don't esclae in to lategame, therefore you should abuse his damage early were you will get kill more easyly with it together with snot.

About his items, is Radiance still a must on him?
    Can you play him without Radiance using a build like this:
    Ring of Protection, 2x tango and magic Stick.
    Make Basilius
    Make Phase boots
    Make Medallion
    Make Vanguar or Hood of Defiance
    Sell Basilius
    Make Cuirass
    If the game is not ended yet get a item like Morrigan, SyN, Bfury, etc.
  10. LiquidNitrogen

yes, this is what I was looking for.

I was supporting a BB trilane and I was struck by how fucking strong Goo is.
  11. Lollypatrolly

Lollypatrolly Well-Known Member

Goo rank 1 by lvl 2 (usually at lvl 1)
    Quill spray rank 2 by lvl 4, rank 3 by lvl 5 and rank 4 by lvl 7.
    Optional 1 early point Bristleback against lanes who harass or focus you.
    Rank 3 goo before rank 2 Bristleback.
    Warpath always has priority.
  12. darewin

darewin Well-Known Member

I just solo mid with bottle+crow or bottle+rune whoring and go

so on

This allows you to get early quills i mean kills. If the lane opponent has an escape mek I just get back over goo
  13. PsYc0t!c

PsYc0t!c Well-Known Member

If u r in a defensive lane go
    bb quill quill bb quill ulti quill goo max bb max goo ulti whenever available chances of last hitting with lvl1 quill in lvl1 are rare and sometimes u will be focused from lvl1 that time an early bb helps a lot

in a offensive lane
    goo quill quill bb quill ulti quill maxbb max goo ulti whenever available
  14. Lollypatrolly

Lollypatrolly Well-Known Member

Note: The third rank of Goo has a lot higher priority than the second and fourth due to -armor being increased.
  15. JohnnyCryptoN

JohnnyCryptoN Active Member

16. CharleZ

CharleZ Active Member

goo lvl 1, then max spray, then max bb, then max goo. Ulti when possible
  17. Silly_Putty

Silly_Putty Well-Known Member

You want ult whenever, quills maxed first followed by bb and goo last. The only debatable point would be whether or not to grab an early point of goo, which depends on how the lanes work out. If you're going to be passively farming, you won't get much use out of early goo and an extra point in bb can help against ganks. If you think you can play aggressively and grab some early kills, skill goo at lvl 1 to help chase.
  18. Mrimo

Mrimo Well-Known Member

1 level of goo at level 2, then max quills/bristleback prioritizing quills. Ult whenever possible
  19. Kris

Kris Moderator

If you are in a defensive lane you still want spray at 1 because it does retarded amounts of damage if they are trying to kill you at level 1 where you have time to spray a lot of time before you go down.

In a passive lane I would probably use this skill tree:

The other team is going to expect you to have high levels of spray because it is standard. It turns out that if you get a significant number of stacks spray still hurts a LOT so if they are diving you then you probably come out even or ahead thanks to the reductions. I haven't done the math but I don't think there would be a significant discrepancy when you factor in EHP which results in more work done by your allied tower and possibly by your allies.
  20. the jug

the jug Well-Known Member

Like others have mentioned, it's gonna depend on your lane mate and opponents. If it's gonna be a defensive lane:

1 BB
    2,3 quill
    4 BB
    5 quill or goo depending on confidence for a kill. get goo if you think you can kill

Offensive (aka a stunner or slower with you. Ursa can get 3-4 kills easy with Pig lane partner)

1 goo
    2 quill
    3 goo
    4 quill
    5 quill or goo

I usually start with Ring of Protection to make Basi in lane and a Stout Shield for vanguard plus a set of tangos. He is really versatile in lane, IMO