Best build for Mortred

Discussion in 'DotA Chat' started by joeytman, May 23, 2013.

1. joeytman

joeytman Well-Known Member

It seems like PD is split in half on this subject. Half say she makes a good hard carry, the other half feels like she should play the early/mid game ganker role.

Discuss what's best.
  2. DaInc

DaInc Well-Known Member

I would say that her blur skill is the perfect ganker tool
  3. GoD_Tyr

GoD_Tyr Well-Known Member

Her main role is to be a hard carry lategame, with proper items and enough of farm. Current metagame encourages early-game ganging, since there`s alot of cash involved in killing enemy heroes. It would be great to have Mort farming, and assisting in kills - paired with couple of teammates supporting. Current meta does not favor long ass rice farming, but still, hard carry fits her best.
  4. tonysniper

tonysniper Well-Known Member

She is NOT a hard carry lategame. She MAY be, but her skillset is subpar compared to other lategame monsters: Void, PL, TW (anticarry), etc etc.

She has all the ganking skills, so if you're playing a 35min creep farming PA you'll fall behind the enemy's carry. Instead, go for the 35min hero farming PA.
  5. ButterOnStick

ButterOnStick Well-Known Member

phase/pt+MoC+Hotd and gank building bkb basher and extend into Abyssal/Satanic as luxury. Every time I see a bfury PA, I die inside a little.
  6. ChibiNya

ChibiNya Well-Known Member

So very aggressive trilane and see what you can kill nya?
  7. xpforever

xpforever Well-Known Member

She can't do either role particularly well. Best build is generally a repick.
  8. Teremus

Teremus Well-Known Member

Except mortred is the second fastest battlefury farmer after AM.

You can build her 2 ways.

Phase pms oov basher bkb abyssal
    Phase pms bfury bkb abyssal

Throw in a vlads satanic etc... As situation accounts for it.

Too all the people saying she scales like Shit as a hard carry are ignorant. U get a free bugged daedelus passive evasion low cd slow u can lh woth early if need be and a 100% ias blink .

Dafuq u smoking.

Her biggest weakness is heavy disable teams and aggressive trilanes and soloing early versus heroes like clinkz who.1v1 are going to zone you away from your creeps
  9. Lochtide

Lochtide Well-Known Member

obviously she is late game ultra carry, possibility of 3 shotting any hero if she crits...

furthermore, most people don't see her as a decent counter to PL after picking up BF, but its almost as good as tiny with ags
  10. Killerhunt

Killerhunt Well-Known Member

farm up phase boots and basher, gank lanes, win game
  11. joeytman

joeytman Well-Known Member

In a ganking oriented build of hers, would you expand in to bkb or cranium basher first? or is it completely situational.
  12. xpforever

xpforever Well-Known Member

So I get a worse version of backtrack, a crit that is only slightly better than other crits, and a blink that can only target units (and can't even target magic immune ones)?

Compare that to actual hard carry abilities like a 5 second aoe disable, or creating illusions that attack every enemy hero, a huge army of illusions, or any number of aoe attack abilities.

If having a lot of single-target damage makes a hero a hard carry, then I guess Lina would be the hardest carry because she gets 5 free hyperstones right? Or OD, since he does one of the highest amounts of DPS in the game?
  13. SzotyMAG

SzotyMAG Banned

14. God of Death

God of Death Well-Known Member

Phase, Orchid, DPS
  15. ram231

ram231 Well-Known Member

It's easy to say.
    It's hard to play.
  16. JohnNettle

JohnNettle Well-Known Member

Early-mid game she can gank pretty well with cheap items like PB/MoC
    Late game she transfers to the state of hard-carry,but she needs strong items to reach there.
    As she buys powerfull damage items,her critical combined with cleave deals massive AoE damage.Especially,Magnus is the best ally for her:he gives her damage and cleave and she can get easily rampages if the enemy team is caught by Reverse polarity.
  17. JediMasterZao

JediMasterZao Well-Known Member

Good Mortred come online way earlier than late game carries like Void or Medusa. Actually a good Mortred can start making a real difference right from level 6 by ganking around the map.

This is the build i use on Mortred :
  18. Meat_Knight

Meat_Knight Well-Known Member

repick my fav item i love it

or phase / bfury / appropriate dps item for teh situation / bkb / mkb or abyssal
    She's pretty straight forward
    Also satanic is decent but way way overrated
  19. beetin

beetin Well-Known Member

That is, no offence, an awful build.

You can hard rice her with a battlefury, but she becomes pretty unimpressive once her bkb goes down to 5 seconds and she starts being kited. The hard carry build is trying to get to BKB, battlefury, Satanic, MKB, BoT, abysmal babe.

The other build is a gank heavy build that capitalizes on her early success due to 20% evasion and 100% IAS before supports start getting forcestaffs and ghost scepters and Bullshit. Its phase MoC Basher bkb and can extend to either the crazier MoM or the more conservative abysmal for anti-carry carrying.
  20. jynxie10

jynxie10 Well-Known Member

Defends on your enemies lineup. For me BKB, Abysmal, Satanic.