Best 1v1 Solo Mid Hero

Discussion in 'Game Strategy' started by thedune, Oct 23, 2012.

1. thedune

thedune Active Member

Which hero is the best to go down the mid lane against another solo mid hero, And what are the items that should be taken?

In order to "win" this game, you are required to kill the opposing hero 10 times, or take down three towers. This is not a practical way of playing the game, more of a pride match thing, and sorry if this has been asked.
  2. Dreamish

Dreamish Well-Known Member

It always has been and for the foreseeable future will be Bane.
  3. ChibiNya

ChibiNya Well-Known Member

Bane indeed, max Enfeeble and go for the win by CS since he has no pushing ability.

At level 6 you should have 2-3 level of enfeeble probably nya, you get Ult and bam- start killing while the enemy can do nothing about it.

Is it normal gold or 4000? That changes things o.o
  4. Chrono3V0

Chrono3V0 Well-Known Member

Thinking about that, bane seems a really good choice. Even against nuker heroes, since you can sleep them. 1v1 is boring, tough.
  5. MrMoran

MrMoran New Member

viper pretty good too. outlasthit/harass like np.

but be sure u dont face new silencer ^^
  6. Xevirath

Xevirath Well-Known Member

Bane, Viper, Brood, QoP.

Bane and Viper are pretty much owned against summons though...
  7. Bergman

Bergman Well-Known Member

I saw some thread about this a while ago. Enchantress and brood were mentioned good 1v1 heroes as well. Brood obviously just steamrolls over bane, as bane can't stop the push nor stop brood from last-hitting provided brood gets SR and has a constant supply of spiderlings.

Other heroes I can think of are Strygwyr and SF (just outlasthit your opponent).

Overall, I don't think that there is a definite answer. Rock, paper scissors etc., even though there might be a fuckton of scissors, only a few papers and some heroes that fall under the mushroom category.
  8. NothinEverythin

NothinEverythin Well-Known Member

Bane, SR then rush Aghs Necro. Dagon always works in 1v1 against all but the beefiest heroes. Nothing the other guy can do against you, EXCEPT mass summons push, aka Brood, who happens to be a great 1v1 as well.
  9. Clear

Clear Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who thinks that sniper is really good since he can either spam sharpnel or win by superior range.
  10. DucK-

DucK- Well-Known Member

There is no best, but there are a few top ones. Bane is good, but cannot do shit against Brood. Similarly, Viper is ridiculous 1v1, but Enchant handles him just fine.
  11. kamukag3e

kamukag3e Well-Known Member

Lich win versus any hero, EXP. difference provided by Dark Ritual is too strong to ignore and Nova spam is ridiculous.

The hero needs only Tranquil boots to be able to stay in lane forever and some HP boosting skills so he don't die to any spell combo.

Level difference if players are equally good will be too huge in Lich's favor.
    After the first level advantage Lich can out-lane and drive enemy out of exp. range making the exp. difference even more.
  12. Avenar

Avenar Well-Known Member

I think very good heroes are mentioned above but Enigma is awesome too. With Eidolons you can take almost all last hits and denies (and IIRC it gives you level advantage as Lich's Dark Ritual).
  13. Estelion2

Estelion2 Well-Known Member

Bane is ok with Nova Spam especially when he gets his soul ring. When he reaches lvl 6 he can insta kill Lich as well.

Bane and Lanaya for me.
  14. JX_Blue

JX_Blue Well-Known Member

Demonic conversion is pretty costly as a lane control spell. You'll still get raped by the likes of Invoker/QoP/Brood/Bane (max brain sap).

Or if the enemy has any form of aoe, he can just focus down your eidolons. Enigma alone isn't remotely good at solo mid.
  15. Frost

Frost Well-Known Member

New Silencer. No, I'm not kidding.
  16. hankaung121

hankaung121 Well-Known Member

My TA won against LostEnt's Bane wahahaha (Even though he was annoying as fuck and wasn't playing seriously lol)

OT: Yeah I guess Bane is a bitch to fight when you are doing 1 v 1.
  17. Black_Ice

Black_Ice Well-Known Member

Learn to play Lich. Also learn what spells counter Enfeeble (there may be none as of this version, but magnus's empower used to override Enfeeble).

Ultimately, there isn't ONE hero to stomp them all. Skill difference makes a big impact once the actual picks turn out balanced.
  18. noonepwnedsome1

noonepwnedsome1 Well-Known Member

They say Pudge is a good solo mid hero as well. Not sure how does that work though.
  19. akbugger

akbugger Active Member

Shadow Demon, Bane, Lich.
  20. NothinEverythin

NothinEverythin Well-Known Member

If the Pudge is good at his hooks and mindgames, then he can easily dominate mid like no other hero can. However, something like Bane can survive a kill attempt if he is attentive and has Nightmare ready. You just can't play as liberally against Pudge as you do against other heroes.