Batman v Superman (spoiler in spoiler tag)

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Nicolas_Cage, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Necalli

Necalli Well-Known Member

As they're OP heroes, they fight other OP villains. And most of them, as they have OP strenght, they tend to be Heavy Brawlers (instead of Martial Arts masters) so their fight is a bit different, not to mention the amount of powers that cross the battlefield. Ofc, as most of them fight in Cities, the infrastructure damage is damn high.

2. RisaStoleMyHart

RisaStoleMyHart Well-Known Member

Well in most big event tie-ins, it is the typical gather the Avengers/Justice League to protect the planet from a very dangerous villain over and over again. But it doesn't necessarily mean it's always just punch punch bad guy. There are many great Superman comics that are pretty intelligent and fun without it being a just full of mindless action or him being 'OP'. Which he really isn't except Superman Thought Robot and Silver Age. Silver Age is just cheese of the 50s and 60s.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There are many superhero comics that aren't about large scale threats.

3. slipkwar

slipkwar Well-Known Member

New 52 Superman died fighting some random villain... The Superman in Rebirth is from pre Flashpoint continuity living in a post Flashpoint continuity.

OP heroes have OP challenges.

4. DasKobold

DasKobold Well-Known Member

If everything is OP, nothing is OP. If the enemy has similar or equal strengths I wouldn't call one of them OP.

5. slipkwar

But there are characters like Spiderman who can't do shit against Thor for example.

OT: They should have kept the Steppenwolf scene in the theatre version to understand the "ding ding ding" part.

6. DasKobold

How exactly is Spiderman op? He is just a weird clown dressed up as a spider.

7. slipkwar

Thor is OP, Spiderman is ok.

8. DasKobold

But then Spiderman vs Thor wouldn't be a op vs op fight.

9. RisaStoleMyHart

There are 3 Superman's in Rebirth. New 52, Pre-Flashpoint and another Clark Kent. The New 52 Superman's true identity is actually a mystery, as said by Ozymanidas.

10. Captain Planet

Captain Planet Moderator

The blu ray of the Ultimate Edition arrived today, so I'm going to sit down and watch that tonight. Looking forward to seeing what the extra half-hour of material adds to it. If it's anything like what the 40 additional minutes added to Kingdom of Heaven in the Director's Cut it should be really good.

11. RisaStoleMyHart

Zack Snyder is no Ridley Scott

12. Nicolas_Cage

Nicolas_Cage Well-Known Member

It makes the movie to be much clearer.
    Like the first time Superman meets Batman. In theatre cut Superman looks like an asshole for interupting Batma's chase, but in UC it becamse clear that the reason why Superman doing that was because he found out the guy who Batman put into prison previously was killed and he saw the guy's family to be in pain. There are some more scenes which explain other actions also.

13. Captain Planet

Captain Planet Moderator

Yup. The UE is definitely much better and had pretty much the same effect on the movie that the director's cut of Kingdom of Heaven had, so I'm pleased with the result.

14. RisaStoleMyHart

How so? I am a huge DC fan but as much as i liked BvS, the UE doesn't really improve much except the Superman scenes, clarifying Africa subplot and fixing the goddamn awful choppy editing. KoH is the best case of a theatrical cut doing very poorly and the director's cut receiving critical acclaim.

- Snyder's Lex Luthor Jr is still hated by most casuals
    - Martha became a meme
    - Luthor's ridiculously convoluted plan
    - Snyder's signature HAM FISTED messiah allegories to SuperJesus, it somehow had more than MoS
    - Casuals hating that Batman kills
    - that there could be 4-5 solo movie worth of content in BvS. WB and Snyder mixed The Death and Return of Superman, Millar's TDKR, Justice League, WW, The World's Finest all in a fucking blender and that is the result
    - character motivations for the 2 fighting is very one-sided

[​IMG]

I agree with the raging internet backseat directors/writers/reviewers that WB should've made a Batman and Superman solo movie first with their own villains, with a subtle subplot in the background that Luthor is the one pulling the strings in both movies. Then a BvS movie with clear contrast like as the trailers implied.

Oh well. At least /co/ was entertaining.

15. Captain Planet

Captain Planet Moderator

I really liked Eisenberg's Luthor. He was chilling, creepy, brilliant and terrifying at the same time. I definitely thought UE made the film a lot better as a whole.

I wouldn't compare it to KoH because that film is utterly amazing, but I liked how UE made some noticeable improvements to the theatrical release.

16. RisaStoleMyHart

Looks like Suicide Squad shit the bed as well boys. Just fuck my cinematic universe up.

[​IMG]

17. Eutychius

Eutychius Moderator

All of those DC movies could use around 10% higher in approval rate. They are most definitely not as bad as people make them out to be.

That being said, after watching Suicide Squad I have lost all hope that any DC movie will be as great as Marvel's best stuff.

18. slipkwar

Iron Man 3 79% WTF

19. TheImperial

TheImperial Well-Known Member

fixed

20. Nicolas_Cage

Nicolas_Cage Well-Known Member

Well tbh DC movie are rather plotless instead of having bad acting, that's why they are low.
    Man of Steel's score is criminally low tho.